Frustrating and Embarrasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating and Embarrasing?

Find it a little frustrating and embarrassing that every media outlet seems to have come out big and somehow confirmed Ramsey as manager until the end of the season before the club have confirmed anything via their media streams.

Its awful to be honest that there hasn't even been a statement denying or confirming the media reports from yesterday evening that its Ramsey.

I happen to think the media team are very good but this sort of thing has happened on more than one occasion in the past, with slow announcements from the club and everyone else seeming to know before we make it official.

There's been no communication with the fans on it whatsoever - All we have is THAT tweet from TF.

Until Ramsey has signed they cannot announce anything ! Media do what they like anyway but until its official its not official.

Comment

Already a thread about this

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Until Ramsey has signed they cannot announce anything ! Media do what they like anyway but until its official its not official.
        A statement would be good... anything... appreciate you and others defending out media team on it but it hasn't been fair on the fans IMO.
        We get a tweet like that from TF and all the media hysteria confirming its Ramsey.. and the club just sit on their hands not saying anything.

I know our media team love the line of 'we only announce things when its official' but something/any info would be good!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          A statement would be good... anything... appreciate you and others defending out media team on it but it hasn't been fair on the fans IMO.
          We get a tweet like that from TF and all the media hysteria confirming its Ramsey.. and the club just sit on their hands not saying anything.

I know our media team love the line of 'we only announce things when its official' but something/any info would be good!
          I think the club has taken note of MattyQPR's advice about communication and decided he's right, no more announcements
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Pointless making a statement until something is actually valid, why come out with some wishy-washy statement or force yourself to lie. They would get plenty of stick for lying in a statement or sitting on the fence. Only thing they can say is "on going negotiations with a number of parties".

Contracts don't get negotiated through the press or through fans. The papers get hold of most stories before they are official announced, who was the last manager who got a job that you didn't know was going to get it in advance. If we had announced Odemwingie had signed while sitting outside in his car but then never made it through the door we would have looked like #####s.

How long has this been "dragging" on, only 24 hours ??????

Comment

I think TF brings this on himself through his twitter account..

Comment

Just because the media say whatever they want, doesn't mean that the club have to make a statement. The club should not and will not make a clear statement until it is done.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

according to the press in the last few weeks It was Sherwood and then Laudrup

If they commented on every bit of speculation they would be putting out statement every day best thing is to have a bit of patience and things will be announced when they are complete
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Just because the media say whatever they want, doesn't mean that the club have to make a statement. The club should not and will not make a clear statement until it is done.
                    Appreciate people defending it but I really think a statement should be made of some kind.. I think other clubs would do it in respect to the fans.

Also appreciate they shouldn't say anything until its official but circumstances should dictate sometimes and with all this media speculation in the last 24 hours about Ramsey, they should have come out straight away to confirm, deny or say it is on-going. There was no point doing it before because it was all speculation. With the Ramsey thing, the media have actually gone bold and said 'Ramsey appointed'

Joey's tweet should also have made the club react into a statement to clarify IMO.

Comment

Yes, it's very odd. IIRC it was Dave Mac who leaked it first and all the other outlets weighed in from there. Perhaps Dave Mac didnt quite get his facts right...or perhaps the club are just organising a press conference...who knows...

Comment

Yeah, the club needs to announce this right away!...even though it might not be actually happening

Gotta keep up with all the other media outlets no matter what.

Why exactly is it embarrassing anyway? Does it play on your mind? Do you walk around thinking "hope no one realises I'm a QPR fan what with the fiasco of the official website not announcing Ramsey yet, better not even go into work today."
                        Last edited by Brian Wilson; 13-02-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Yes, it's very odd. IIRC it was Dave Mac who leaked it first and all the other outlets weighed in from there. Perhaps Dave Mac didnt quite get his facts right...or perhaps the club are just organising a press conference...who knows...
                          Any link to this please. Very interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            Yeah, the club needs to announce this right away!...even though it might not be actually happening

Gotta keep up with all the other media outlets no matter what.

Why exactly is it embarrassing anyway? Does it play on your mind? Do you walk around thinking "hope no one realises I'm a QPR fan what with the fiasco of the official website not announcing Ramsey yet, better not even go into work today."
                            Its just embarrassing as a club that this seems to be leaked and yet we sit, do nothing and don't announce anything. It makes the club look a little bit silly.

No need to be like that about it.. I just think it could be handled slightly better and is a tad odd with Joey's tweet as well.

Comment

Frustrating ...Yes, only because we are all hungry for news

Embarrassing...No not really
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X