Ramsey's CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey's CV

If I am honest I didn't know a scooby about Ramsey, So I thought as I like to talk knowingly about the club I go and watch and support in front of the glory hunting Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool fans I thought a little read up would be useful.

I was very surprised, and also shocked as if you compare his coaching career to that of Sherwood he has done way more... Won a league, worked at the FA, coached at Tottenham(as we know that has to be on your CV to work at QPR). So it made me realise managers are mostly picked on the positive profile rather than CV's.

Finally, I was very impressed with how the team has developed since Southampton and really do now believe we have a very good chance.

A huge step up from being a coach to a manager. Good luck to the man if he gets the job, seems like he has worked hard in the background for many years.

Comment

His CV will be looking even better come May

Comment

Lets not all get carried with Ramsey , one swallow does not a summer make? he's had 1 good result and the team played well looked more positve and adventuous than under Harry, Lets see in he can win 5 or 6 of the next thirteen then the Rs will be in the Prem next season, at least under him it looks like we wont go down without a fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          A huge step up from being a coach to a manager.
          The point's been made before but seems to need reiterating. The new role will be head coach, NOT manager - there is a difference. When you have a DoF, 'management' duties in our case would be shared out between Les, CR and KB. So the entire burden of responsibility for players, results, performances etc does not fall on one man's shoulders alone.

Comment

I think this DoF/head coach style might be a good thing for us and may stop us appointing a "name" ever again. The good thing about Les and Chris is they're both young enough to be energetic and enthusiastic, and grow into their jobs.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I love Chris and the improvements made, before giving him till the end of the season, I think we should give him about 4 or 5 games at least before deciding.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                Lets not all get carried with Ramsey , one swallow does not a summer make? he's had 1 good result and the team played well looked more positve and adventuous than under Harry, Lets see in he can win 5 or 6 of the next thirteen then the Rs will be in the Prem next season, at least under him it looks like we wont go down without a fight
                This!! But the fact that the players like him speaks volumes regarding his ability, IMO
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

my worry with ramsey will be against the bigger teams.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I guess my point is he is not a one off... his experience is pretty good !! Now translating into Premiership manager is yet to be seen but I am also suggesting why was Sherwood so rated higher than him?

Comment

He seems a good men this Ramsey. At least, players are behind him and if he manage to continue receiving their support, there is every chance of us avoiding the drop. One thing I would like to mention about Chris CV is that he spent some seasons in Malta's Premier league as player-coach of Naxxar Lions, a mid-table team. That was in late eighties and beginning of the nineties. Well, that one reason I fully backing him for R's Manager!

Comment

He seems raw, enthusiastic and hungry to achieve. Knows his position is a privilege to be in and very respectful of the club, no lies or excuses out of him yet a la "the saggy one".
                        He'll do just fine for me.... Good luck Mr Ramsey.
                        From the Hills of Kerry
                        To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                          my worry with ramsey will be against the bigger teams.
                          Why??
                          From the Hills of Kerry
                          To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

About the only things I know about CR are how we have played in our last two matches and that the players seem to buy in to what he is doing on the training ground. And that is enough for me. Even Sir Alex Ferguson had to start somewhere. Let's hope he is a diamond in the rough and will help to take us forward.
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Ramsey comes across genuine and enthusIastic, which to me already Makes him a better manager than Harry has been in the last few months.

I actually love the fact we went for Ramsey on the sheer fact I don't think he will do anything to fancy or over complicated. He's got the lads working harder in training and getting their fitness levels up. He's brought players back into the squad who should of been playing and got rid of the ones who were constantly letting us down.

Harry made the job at qpr seem 10x harder than it needed to be this year with poor tactical decisions. You could tell his head has t been in it for a long time. I genuinely think we should of got another 7 or 8 points this year and should be on 28/29 points by now.

Ramsey has gone back to basics plays the right players and we look that much more solid and a little more creative.

Comment

Working...
                              X