No announcement yet.

Paul Clement with Ramsay and Bond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not disputing he COULD prove to be the best thing since sliced tiger bread, but all the names mentioned have proven themselves after starting in management. CLement hasn't and could easily flop like so many other great coaches, hence my question as to why are so many people so sure he'd be amazing?

He could be, but he equally may fail... its a gamble. Personally, if going for young and hungry, id be happier with someone like Uwe Rosler who's shown glimpses of real quality in the hot seat and semi proven at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      I'm not disputing he COULD prove to be the best thing since sliced tiger bread, but all the names mentioned have proven themselves after starting in management. CLement hasn't and could easily flop like so many other great coaches, hence my question as to why are so many people so sure he'd be amazing?

He could be, but he equally may fail... its a gamble. Personally, if going for young and hungry, id be happier with someone like Uwe Rosler who's shown glimpses of real quality in the hot seat and semi proven at least.
      Yeah cos that sort of manager has turned out well the last two times hasn't it

Uwe Rosler?!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Redknapp and Hughes were supposed prem proven managers and they were ####ing awful.

We need a new plan and a new set-up. Hopefully this is it

Comment

Everything I've seen of late suggests the club is setting itself up so a manager needs to fit in with the club and not vice versa. Traditionally a manager in this country comes in, sacks the whole backroom staff and brings in their own, is in charge of player development, recruitment the lot. If I understand the new approach it will be for more a head coach to come in, work with the backroom staff in place (maybe subject to one or two of their own people) and pick and manage the team. That person would identify transfer targets with Les with latter being in charge. It is a much more defined role and something Clement may be more culturally suited to given his experiences than a lot of potential more traditional managers in this country. Could be a good fit.

Comment

Well according to reports this looks more aD more likely.

Ramsey until the end of the season and then potentially clement to join in the summer!

Comment

The club isn't bringing in a 'Manager' in the traditional sense of the word. As Fox says, the role of DoF will be mixed with a First Team Coach, not a Manager. This is more suited to Clement as the first team coach will take care of day to day coaching sessions, team talks and Substitutions and Squads, while the DoF does all the admin. This works for Clement and Ramsey so I can see it being the case that Ramsey till the end of the season and Clement joins in the summer.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I personally would like to see Clement and Ramsay work together, the club will have a BIG decision in May.

I'm going to be a bit controversial BUT I think Ramsay would be the right coach to keep if we go down, but not if we stay up (Even though he would have earned it).

Comment

I would rather say the opposite. Keep Ramsay whatever division we are playing in next season. In that respect, I think it"s a plus that he has coached at some many levels. Abroad aswell.

Paul Clement,Ramsey and Bond looks the part to me.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Working...
                  X