Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please not Laudrup, just another media darling!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please not Laudrup, just another media darling!!!

Coming from the mountainous side of the bridge, I see Michael Laudrup as another Mark Hughes, who, as we know, and if you ask any true Welsh football supporter, was not the International Messiah, the Man U loving British media would have you believe.

In his first season, Laudrup got off to a flyer at Swansea, thanks to Rangers and Hughes and had a very successful first season, after inheriting a settled team who had a system of play developed by Martinez, Sousa and Rogers and bringing in a lot of unknown Spaniards, in particular the always smiling, happy go lucky, free scoring Michu and winning the League cup was the icing on the cake.

I feel however If the board at Swansea hadn’t acted, and sacked Laudrup, I think he’d have taken them down. There was a reluctance to play 12M signing initially (rumours the board chose him over Gomis for a similar price), and towards the end of his reign, it was widely reported he had a distinct lack of interest and spent less time on the training field and there were Spanish/British splits in the dressing room. Michu had turned from a smiler to a petulant advert board kicker with glass ankles, and there was friction with the board over recruiting players, which led to the club banning his influential agent from the premises.
    Thanks but no thanks, let’s stick with Ramsey until the summer , and take it from there?

I don't care if he turns out rubbish in the end as long as he has a good first season (and keeps us up)
    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

I think he'd be a good appointment but does he fall into the category we've been trying to get away from, hyped up expensive manager who needs money?

Head says yes, heart says Ramsey deserves this season.

Comment

Ramsey would be the biggest gamble of all
        I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Why does'nt TF grasp a big name cant turn a pigs ear into silk purse only cost bundles of money in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Why does'nt TF grasp a big name cant turn a pigs ear into silk purse only cost bundles of money in the long run
            Exactly what I'm thinking. We're a small club, regardless of owners wealth.

Live within our means, get a back to basics man to take us forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              Exactly what I'm thinking. We're a small club, regardless of owners wealth.

Live within our means, get a back to basics man to take us forward.
              In other words more haste less speed

Comment

Once again everyone is speculating, TF has not mentioned Laudrup or Sherwood and until he does none of us know. Yesterday Sherwood dropped to 1-10 then an hour later isn't in the running, then the team pull a win out the hat ! Let's not #### TF off just yet :-) lots could happen next few days......lambert could be sacked, Sherwood into Villa takes Les and Chris with him.....it's a funny old game !

Comment

Working...
                X