That was big big game to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was big big game to win

It keeps sunderland well in the battle. Think they thought as soon as Defoe signed they'd be away. If we'd lost again tonight there would have 8 points between us and them
    Instead its 2 points

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    It keeps sunderland well in the battle. Think they thought as soon as Defoe signed they'd be away. If we'd lost again tonight there would have 8 points between us and them
    Instead its 2 points
    6 pointer right there.

Comment

Just realised we done the double over sunderland

Comment

massive win dave, not just in terms of the points but it has to give the whole club a lift. charlie will be itching to get back.
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
          massive win dave, not just in terms of the points but it has to give the whole club a lift. charlie will be itching to get back.

Hmmmm. 4231 was why we won tonight. It enabled us to win the midfield. And play Fer where he should play. Charlie, so far, can't play 4231..... But a massive, massive , massive win.

Comment

Given me hope bush....the team were superb tonight........where have they been?

Comment

Li know I will get shot down but I think we looked much better without charlie..

I can't knock the amount of goals he has scored for us but OBZ showed how a striker can bring the midfield into play and what a goal to boot.

For me I wouldn't rush him back and give OBZ the nod for now

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                Li know I will get shot down but I think we looked much better without charlie..

I can't knock the amount of goals he has scored for us but OBZ showed how a striker can bring the midfield into play and what a goal to boot.

My sentiments exactly. Have thought that for a long time......... 4231. With Bob.

Comment

No reason that with the right coaching, Charlie couldn't play in a 4-2-3-1. He's a great striker and could adapt.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

OBZ
                    What a great acronym Awin.

Comment

we finally got quality crosses from the flanks, probably more than I've seen in ages. That always helps

Comment

Vital win tonight. And how refreshing to hear Chris Ramsey speak. No bigging up of himself, just as there have been no pre-match excuses or negative soundbites. Particularly impressed with his comment about being hard to praise them too much, bearing in mind that is what the players are paid to do.

One thing that tonight has really shown to me though, is just how capable our players actually are, in terms of competing in this division, when played in their right positions, with the correct motivation and game plan.

Have seen so many people inferring that 17th is what we should be looking at. Although I would take it now, there is absolutely no way that we should have been anywhere near the bottom three. Let's just hope that from now on, we display a far more positive attitude, rather than approach games in the manner we have become too accustomed to seeing.

Another 5 wins should see us safe. And bearing in mind that we still have to play 7 of the current bottom 10 teams, along with some perfectly winnable home games against three London sides with plenty of their own reasons to be nervous, we can do this. Definitely.

Oh, one last thing. QPR are a premier league football club now. Not by chance, but because we have earned that right with two promotions to it in the last 5 seasons. Let us never again adopt the mentality that bang average managers, who have achieved very little as managers, are as good as we should aspire to attract. Been there, done that. And it hasn't been much fun.

Comment

Unfortunately OBZ (like it!) is not up to playing every game. We need to give him some matches off to keep him fit. It is good to have more than one Plan A.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Weird as well that when you get the 'rub of the green' and 'luck' goes your way its totally forgettable and dismissed, but when it doesnt and goes against you it hurts for days.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Vital win tonight. And how refreshing to hear Chris Ramsey speak. No bigging up of himself, just as there have been no pre-match excuses or negative soundbites. Particularly impressed with his comment about being hard to praise them too much, bearing in mind that is what the players are paid to do.

One thing that tonight has really shown to me though, is just how capable our players actually are, in terms of competing in this division, when played in their right positions, with the correct motivation and game plan.

Have seen so many people inferring that 17th is what we should be looking at. Although I would take it now, there is absolutely no way that we should have been anywhere near the bottom three. Let's just hope that from now on, we display a far more positive attitude, rather than approach games in the manner we have become too accustomed to seeing.

Another 5 wins should see us safe. And bearing in mind that we still have to play 7 of the current bottom 10 teams, along with some perfectly winnable home games against three London sides with plenty of their own reasons to be nervous, we can do this. Definitely.

Oh, one last thing. QPR are a premier league football club now. Not by chance, but because we have earned that right with two promotions to it in the last 5 seasons. Let us never again adopt the mentality that bang average managers, who have achieved very little as managers, are as good as we should aspire to attract. Been there, done that. And it hasn't been much fun.
                              Good post and comments Brights, only one thing though. The bits in bold kind of contradict themselves as those bang average managers got us promoted and so have to be a part of the equation for earning the right. I do however agree with the sentiment that we should be looking to move forward with a different kind of manager from now on
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X