Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.1 Billion For Premiership Rights In New Contract. Please Pray We Are In It.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.1 Billion For Premiership Rights In New Contract. Please Pray We Are In It.

Sky and Bt sport will pay 5.1 billion for the rights to show 168 premiership games over the next three years, a 70% rise from the last deal. Thats 10.2 million per match shown and some serious money to be shared about for any club in the top flight. Lets hope the 'dream manager' keeps us in it or gets us back in it and we only miss one season.

Comment

Wow obscene money. Reckon if we stay in the prem we might get a decent coat of paint in the Ellerslie lavs? or better food sold? or is that too much to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        Wow obscene money. Reckon if we stay in the prem we might get a decent coat of paint in the Ellerslie lavs? or better food sold? or is that too much to ask?
        Or generate revenue and move to a new stadium instead of trying to paper over cracks that will continue to grow
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Or generate revenue and move to a new stadium instead of trying to paper over cracks that will continue to grow
          Thats a decade away mate if it ever happens which i dont think it will btw. Just be nice if they spent a bit in the meantime to improve matchday experience. Mittal's box got leopard skin wallpaper or somesuch ffs. I'd be happy going up a bit in standard of food and a slosh of paint here and there.

Comment

Thats a decade away mate if it ever happens which i dont think it will btw. Just be nice if they spent a bit in the meantime to improve matchday experience. Mittal's box got leopard skin wallpaper or somesuch ffs. I'd be happy going up a bit in standard of food and a slosh of paint here and there.
            I agree that potential short term improvements could be useful but to be honest, I would rather make the future significantly better by investing totally in the new stadium seeing as Loftus road will soon enough not be ours. As for it being a decade away, I think that is a bit far-fetched in truth.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I agree that potential short term improvements could be useful but to be honest, I would rather make the future significantly better by investing totally in the new stadium seeing as Loftus road will soon enough not be ours. As for it being a decade away, I think that is a bit far-fetched in truth.
              Cant see us moving mate tbh. Too much that could go wrong for the board probably will :-) . Guess we will see but even so a decent pitch and a better matchday experience in the meantime is not a lot too ask if they are going to be raking in that kind of money.

Comment

Them figures mean if we miraculously stay up then it will be pushed on a lot quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Them figures mean if we miraculously stay up then it will be pushed on a lot quicker.
                  Just means the board will have more money dont mean OOC will be ready any quicker or even guarantee they get approval over other development interests. Think the money will be welcome tho as it seems to have dried up a bit lately. Not that i blame them cos they was chucking money into a money pit with little result.

Comment

Utter madness. i guess subscrpion costs for sky and bt sports will rise a fair bit. fark that.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Surely stuff like this goes against the FFP thing? What happens to the clubs that get relegated from the Premier League from 2016-19?
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Just means the board will have more money dont mean OOC will be ready any quicker or even guarantee they get approval over other development interests. Think the money will be welcome tho as it seems to have dried up a bit lately. Not that i blame them cos they was chucking money into a money pit with little result.
                        So you know saylng it aint tony tallking fantasy land rubbish that is the reason for not much progress but its the ooc?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          So you know saylng it aint tony tallking fantasy land rubbish that is the reason for not much progress but its the ooc?
                          Both

Comment

Might be a case of if we don't get a stadium at the OOC, We end up building further away still............anybody thought about that?

Comment

Working...
                            X