No announcement yet.

Grego-Cox and Doughty in Squad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new management effect didnt work saturday, and the longer we leave it the less chance we have got, as small as it is now. Pardews on five wins out of six, worked for them, so i think we have to chance it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Same goes for you!! No one really knows what Sherwoods ability as a manager is, seeing as he only has 6 months experience as a manager. Some will say he did a good job at spurs, others will say that it wasnt the hardest job looking at the strength of spurs squad/post bale investment etc. My problem with sherwood is IMO he is still unproven and has no right to walk into a job at a prem club, he needs to do his "apprenticeship" in the lower leagues and prove himself worthy of a multi year, well paid contract at the top level.

Why should we be the club to take the risk on an unproven, still relatively young manager when there are enough out in the lower leagues who have served their "apprenticeships", proving themselves to be astute with budgets and developing younger players?
      This is exactly how I see it, TS is still a big risk which will cost our club even more money, why not wait and see what unfolds and give Ramsay a chance?

Ramsay only just lost his first game to a very good Saints side and wouldn't cost our club anymore money.

Comment

get the young lads in, had enough of these old gi ts we have in the team

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          Same goes for you!! No one really knows what Sherwoods ability as a manager is, seeing as he only has 6 months experience as a manager. Some will say he did a good job at spurs, others will say that it wasnt the hardest job looking at the strength of spurs squad/post bale investment etc. My problem with sherwood is IMO he is still unproven and has no right to walk into a job at a prem club, he needs to do his "apprenticeship" in the lower leagues and prove himself worthy of a multi year, well paid contract at the top level.

Why should we be the club to take the risk on an unproven, still relatively young manager when there are enough out in the lower leagues who have served their "apprenticeships", proving themselves to be astute with budgets and developing younger players?
          I have not formed any of my views from newspaper articles I can assure you. so I am not sure where you have pulled that one from. It is without doubt he did a good job at Spurs. For simple proof look at his win ratio.. for more than simple proof look at his years at Spurs as not just head coach.

The man has just coached Spurs for 5-6 months with one of the best win ratios of any manager, brought through the best striker in the country right now and missed out on Champs league football after a shocking start to the season, by a whisker. He doesn't NEED to do anything.. Not every great coach has started in the lower leagues, like you seem to think they have.

Contradiction at its finest again on here with your last paragraph... 'Why should we the club take the risk on an unproven young manager'.... followed by... 'there are enough out there in the lower leagues who have served their apprentiships'...... So because they have coached a league 1 or 2 club, they have enough experience to coach a premier league side do they? Some would say even these managers you speak of are still a risk, unproven and young.

Bottom line... Whether you employ Sherwood or someone who has coached in League 1 for 3 years... A young manager is a risk.
          Last edited by West London is Rss; 10-02-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X