Style of play on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style of play on Saturday

I thought it was a lot better on Saturday... We actually played football, instead of hoofball to Zamora.. and bar Traore, everyone had a decent game... We need to somehow cut out the individual errors.

I thought going forward we were a lot more attractive on the eye and more than matched Southampton.. We moved the ball along the floor a hell of a lot quicker then ever have done in recent months. I just thought there was a real sense of freedom in our play.

Zarate and Adel looked like real players who could unlock the door for us.. I hope we can get these two up and running.

Another note is how well Fer played in his ACTUAL position.. I thought he was class, a real power house.
    Phillips was brilliant as well... It just shows that more faith needed to be put in these players.. You could see that Adel, Zarate and Phillips lacked match fitness.

The left wing is a real issue though, its a position that needs filling..

Not sure where the Phillips love in is coming from..i thought he was average at best..maybe it is just rustiness.

We have a major problem on the left hand side.

Not sure what problem Harry had with Zarate as he made a big difference when he came on.

Comment

I agree it was encouraging.

I thought Southampton were an excellent side and against lesser teams I would have expected us to have picked up 1 or 3 points on Saturday. Defensively they were brilliant and going forward, particularly in first half, they were quick, incisive and accurate.

Adel put in a controlled performance, bit less show boating and more passing to team mates. Not a fan generally but did well. Maybe he has realized he is probably at Lance Chance Saloon. Zarate overdid things a few times but had a very positive impact. Prior to him coming on whilst I thought we looked reasonably good at times going forward we just couldn't penetrate them. He pulled their defence all over the place.

Our left side was poor. Clint just cannot play that position any more. Traore I can see they played him to get some balance in the side, and I don't think he is all bad, but had minimal impact. Funny how different people see the game but wasn't that impressed by Fer in his proper position. However that is just one game. Think he is a very good player.

Our defence was generally very shaky and you could tell why we have the worst defensive record and them the best. Whatever division we are in next season that area needs looking at urgently.

Phillips did well. His confidence has looked shot this season but put in some very good crosses. Shame Charlie was marked out of the game as in other circumstances we would probably have got our share of knock downs and him holding the ball up and bringing others into the game.

Am very interested to see what line up and style of play we go for in next two games. If we keep our shape and play some high tempo no reason we shouldn't cause Sunderland and Hull some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
        Not sure where the Phillips love in is coming from..i thought he was average at best..maybe it is just rustiness.

Not sure what problem Harry had with Zarate as he made a big difference when he came on.
        Fvck me your a tough egg to please if you think he was average at best.. All about opinions though.

Zarate looked a real threat when he came in.. I cant believe that's the 1st time we've played him. Even if he aint been match fit, his deserved 30 minutes before now

Comment

Agree Phillips was probably average Saturday, but 'average' is a big improvement to what he has been.....
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

I'm with you.

I thought Phillips effort and enthusiasm was good....which is a bonus, running at people and getting in good positions......BUT

Apart from one decent whipped in ball in the second half his delivery and decision making was average.......and as for that cross in the first half from just inside the box, that landed near the corner flag ??? WTF?? If you're gonna smash the ball as hard as you can, smash it at goal...or at least hard and low into the danger area.

We don't score as many goals as we should and our play deserves because of decisions like that....and it's not just him.

He and Hoilett need some serious coaching about where to put the ball to service a striker like Austin. Where's Dave Thomas when we need him?
            Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Originally posted by dtig View Post
              I'm with you.

I thought Phillips effort and enthusiasm was good....which is a bonus, running at people and getting in good positions......BUT

Apart from one decent whipped in ball in the second half his delivery and decision making was average.......and as for that cross in the first half from just inside the box, that landed near the corner flag ??? WTF?? If you're gonna smash the ball as hard as you can, smash it at goal...or at least hard and low into the danger area.

We don't score as many goals as we should and our play deserves because of decisions like that....and it's not just him.

He and Hoilett need some serious coaching about where to put the ball to service a striker like Austin. Where's Dave Thomas when we need him?
              Phillip's is the best crosser we have at this club. Last season they were inch perfect for Austin most of the time. The overhit one on saturday was a result of lack of match time.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I'm with you.

I wish people would look at the positives of a young player rather than slating him and calling him average.. The blokes hardly had a lot of faith put in him has he. It was a more than average performance after being left out in the cold for so long by HR.

They need a run of games and faith put in them by the coach... Steve McLaren (one of the best coaches in English game IMO) enquired about Hoilett and Phillips so it shows you the potential they have.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  I wish people would look at the positives of a young player rather than slating him and calling him average.. The blokes hardly had a lot of faith put in him has he. It was a more than average performance after being left out in the cold for so long by HR.

They need a run of games and faith put in them by the coach... Steve McLaren (one of the best coaches in English game IMO) enquired about Hoilett and Phillips so it shows you the potential they have.
                  If you have the ability to cross the ball....having a run of games or not is irrelevant. Hoilett has had plenty of opportunity and is still hopeless.

I started the post by saying Phillips effort and enthusiasm was good...which is a positive. However none of it matters without an end result.
                  Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

If you have the ability to cross the ball....having a run of games or not is irrelevant. Hoilett has had plenty of opportunity and is still hopeless.

I started the post by saying Phillips effort and enthusiasm was good...which is a positive. However none of it matters without an end result.
                    He put in more good balls then bad balls though? I can only remember that one overhit one that was bad?.... He is actually one of the better crossers we have at the club like one of the posts above has said.

Comment

Phillips was brilliant?! Have heard it all. Some of you on here must owe him money the way you bang on about how good he was and all the love that he is shown on here.

2 good crosses saturday makes a brilliant performance apparently. What about the other 6 or 7 that were just hit and hope that were easily cleared? I could do that. Not to mention that one in the first half that was a golden chance for an assist and he whacked it near the corner flag. That was shocking. He has a hit and run attitude and when we break just strolls forward and lets everyone get back. He honestly saturday bar those 2 crosses did very little. No wonder we are going down if people see that performance from him as good and want him playing again.

The reality is he isn't that good and is bang average ability wise. I don't see the point in giving him a run of games when he isn't a very good player to begin with. He looks lost at this level which is summed up by even his lovers saying his best positive attribute is that he "Will be worth keeping for the Championship"
                      Last edited by SammyKojoe; 09-02-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                        Phillips was brilliant?! Have heard it all. Some of you on here must owe him money the way you bang on about how good he was and all the love that he is shown on here.

2 good crosses saturday makes a brilliant performance apparently. What about the other 6 or 7 that were just hit and hope that were easily cleared? I could do that. Not to mention that one in the first half that was a golden chance for an assist and he whacked it near the corner flag. That was shocking. He has a hit and run attitude and when we break just strolls forward and lets everyone get back. He honestly saturday bar those 2 crosses did very little. No wonder we are going down if people see that performance from him as good and want him playing again.

The reality is he isn't that good and is bang average ability wise. I don't see the point in giving him a run of games when he isn't a very good player to begin with. He looks lost at this level which is summed up by even his lovers saying his best positive attribute is that he "Will be worth keeping for the Championship"
                        6 or 7 others? What you on about you clown.. The one that you mention in the 1st half was the only bad cross.

You really do not have a clue about football if you don't see the potential in him.. The blokes 22. Why do you think McLaren was interested in him?

This is what really really gets my goat up about a lot of QPR fans.. The inability to actually know anything about football - And that aint even harsh, its the truth.
                        Ive got some fans around me that fvcking moan when the ball gets played backwards... if you have learnt anything about the game you will know why moaning about this is ridiculous.

QPR fan logic - Player has one or two bad games and lacks confidence = His sh1t get rid of him.. He cant do this, he cant do that... etc etc etc.

Comment

Thought Zarate looked decent but Phillips? Thought he was average but still better than useless which he has been this season. Be a half decent Championship player if he can be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post

I'll admit he has struggled this season but in my view he has real potential. His crossing was pretty accurate for the most part on Saturday. His main problem was the Southampton defence were marking Charlie out of the game so he had very little to aim for and the defenders generally were able to clear. I'm looking forward to seeing him against less able defences and where maybe he has a bit more to aim for as well.

He is young, quick and direct. Exactly the kind of player we should be looking to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Fvck me your a tough egg to please if you think he was average at best.. All about opinions though.

Zarate looked a real threat when he came in.. I cant believe that's the 1st time we've played him. Even if he aint been match fit, his deserved 30 minutes before now
                              I thought he did ok but notice the Sun on Sunday rated him our worst player and a 4 out of ten. I am baffled why they bother with those ratings though as I can't see how anyone can watch 22-26 players at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X