after 55 seasons of QPR.............. I..feel cheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after 55 seasons of QPR.............. I..feel cheated

i feel the fa have finished our club,they let man city spend 28 million on Bony,but would not let us spend 6 million on defoe

make no mistake if we had bought defoe harry would not have resigned,and we wouyld be staying up,its disgracefull how they picked on us,and with tim sherwood installed as manager i can see us being another coventry city
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

I didn't realise the FA stopped us buying. What's the story?

Comment

Am not saying your wrong. So why has this story just came out. The first I have heard off it
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
        I didn't realise the FA stopped us buying. What's the story?
        FFP
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Ted - I'm afraid that's always been the case. When all is said and done, the FA Premier League is a multi-billion pound business. It remains that way by letting the biggest clubs buy the best players, thus increasing worlwide interest and viewing figures. That's why a Man United £500m in debt can spend £100m on players in 1 transfer window, and we get stiffed over £6m. Clubs like QPR are an irrelvance to the money men at the FA. The couldn't give two sh*ts whether we stayed in the league; In fact, they probably wished the likes of us, Burnley, Crystal Palace etc. weren't even in the league to begin with. It simply isn't a level playing field. The FFP rules are unenforceable in relation to the big guns, so they tread on the small guys instead.

Comment

I personally would welcome a European league, so the glory hunters can f**k off and sit in front of their tv's and pay for the privilege of it. Give me the days when Ipswich, Derby, Forest et al won the league and little old QPR, the best footballing side in the country, came runners-up
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Yeah runners up, i was in my teens, listening to the liverpool wolves match on the radio, in the bath, liverpool needed to win, to win the league, wolves needed a draw to aviod relegation, 3.1 liverpool, gutted, thats how i remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
                Yeah runners up, i was in my teens, listening to the liverpool wolves match on the radio, in the bath, liverpool needed to win, to win the league, wolves needed a draw to aviod relegation, 3.1 liverpool, gutted, thats how i remember it.
                And wolves was 1-0 up, still proper hurts
                You Rsssssss

Comment

Not sure you can blame the FA. In reality I think Fernandes has learned a lot in the transfer market over the years and is no longer happy to spend huge sums of money on ageing players with dwindling re-sale value. I also think he was starting to questions Harry's abilities in the transfer market.

I do agree that FFP is nonsense though. It only serves to protect Europe's elite clubs and leaves clubs with debt and/or a modest set-up in terms of ground and fan base unable to compete regardless of how much the board are prepared to back them. All that said, there is a problem there that needs addressing, clubs should be prevented from living beyond their means, I just think the system they have come up with is massively flawed!

Comment

Not been on this MB for a long time, so hello to you all, moved up North about two years ago, but will after 51 years, i will always be a R's fan. If we do go down again, i think the club need to pay some sort of fine 30 mil comes to mind, maybe the money from the Premier payments might help, i still think we can stay up, and think we can get a result up here at Sunderland, FM i hope so, as i do get the p*ss take out of me a bit, but i'll never give up, i will be there on the night, safe travel to all coming up.

Comment

We won't get fined anywhere near the huge sums that have been quoted, if at all. The clubs recently voted for a rule change which means we'd get done under the latest rules.

Secondly, if there are going to be huge fines levied because of relegated premier league clubs, players contracts will start to include relegation clauses which will cause trouble with the PFA.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

its disgraceful

its absolutely disgracefull ,most clubs would not have spent huge but tony was prepared to pay the money out redknap spent 6 months setting up deal and we had no choice but to let him go to sunderland............................madness
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          I personally would welcome a European league, so the glory hunters can f**k off and sit in front of their tv's and pay for the privilege of it. Give me the days when Ipswich, Derby, Forest et al won the league and little old QPR, the best footballing side in the country, came runners-up
                          Agree with you 100%! I find little joy in the EPL when you just hope you don't get hammered by the big clubs and all the tv broadcasts are infomercials for them!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

the PL always side with the big clubs , look at when man city last came to us . who else could be offside and handle the ball and score in front of the loft , why sergio aguero the darling of the premier league

Comment

or at stamford bridge who could lean into vargas , deliberatly get his feet caught up and be awarded a penalty against little QPR , the chelsea wonder kid and darling of the PL eden hazard , after all all it's little QPR and they expect it and they dont really matter. what really matters is the ever so exciting 2 horse race at the top of the premier league

Comment

Working...
                              X