Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillips!?!?

how did he do?

First game I haven't watched all year and heard he done quite well when he settled.

I really rate the lad personally think he can beat his man and get a ball in the box. I know opinion is divided on here about him but just wondered if he changed anyone's mind or how you thought he got on?

Better, whipped in some very dangerous crosses later in the game.

Of course this is ultimately pointless now if Austin is out for a good while.

Comment

For me he was the MOM last few chances he has been given he has played like he wants to at least have ago and make a point

When he got the chance to put the ball in he did; he must have put as many balls in yesterday as Hoillett and Vargas have all season. He skied one first half into the crowd but that aside when eh got on the ball he brought it forward and tried to deliver it. Keeps his place in the team for me

Comment

Thought he played very well. Tired towards the end where he slowed down and passed rather than getting passed his man like he was previously doing but whipped in some great crosses. Looked a completely different player to previously.

The one cross he did sky out I cut him a bit of slack As he had had to sprint full pelt to get the ball to stop it going out for a goal kick. most players would have found difficult to then have a controlled measured cross in those circumstances

Comment

Was our best player imo.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

OK but no subtlety. Also often goes to sleep. He can only drive crosses. If he gets behind the defence and it requires a chip, it usually goes miles too far!

Comment

Amazing how a little bit of faith can change how you play!!

Lads quick, got a decent delivery and Harry left on the bench or played him for 5,10 mins out of position. Said for a while he was getting unfair flack on here.

But that's aside good to hear he took his chance yesterday. Won't get to excited but hopefully he can be consistent with these performances.

Was he effective from the left as well?

Comment

Not as much although tbf I think it was as much to do with covering hill as anything else. Clyne and Elia did give hill and traore a bit of a torrid time.

Comment

Said it many times now and yesterday did nothing to change my opinion. The lad just isn't very good and lacks ability. Would be a good Championship player but not good enough for this level.

He put in 2 great crosses I will give him that. Other than that he did very little. The rest of the crosses were hit and hope with no player anywhere near them. Yet that is seen to be a positive! I could do that! Looks half asleep and has one tactic of knock it and run. That one cross at the end of the first half was just dreadful given the position he found himself in. He is so slow when we break as well. Just labours forward giving the opposition time to get back.

He grafts and wasn't out worst player. But MOM and best player?!?! I find that amazing and not sure where all this love for him comes from. He is bang average.

Comment

I don't know why, but I saw him better on the left, maybe because traore held that role before, but also I think because when he wanted to get the ball in, he would be patient and bring it onto his right foot, instead of just going on a weak foot cross. One of our better players yesterday for sure, but not the best.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                      Said it many times now and yesterday did nothing to change my opinion. The lad just isn't very good and lacks ability. Would be a good Championship player but not good enough for this level.

He put in 2 great crosses I will give him that. Other than that he did very little. The rest of the crosses were hit and hope with no player anywhere near them. Yet that is seen to be a positive! I could do that! Looks half asleep and has one tactic of knock it and run. That one cross at the end of the first half was just dreadful given the position he found himself in. He is so slow when we break as well. Just labours forward giving the opposition time to get back.

He grafts and wasn't out worst player. But MOM and best player?!?! I find that amazing and not sure where all this love for him comes from. He is bang average.
                      Definitely worth hanging on for now though!!

Not making excuses but was his first game in a while and sounds like he done ok. Definitely be interesting to see what people think after a run of 3 or 4 games.

Comment

Thought he did well, ran at their defence and whipped in some good crosses. Think he'll keep improving with game time!
                        "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

in our best 2/3 players on the day

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post

I agree with this.
                            Phillips is largely ineffective during a match. In fact all our wingers are pretty hopeless.

Comment

The lad did well..

So refreshing to see an actual winger in the team

Sure he was rusty but what was clear to see was how much more confidence he had than any time under HR..

Keep playing him until the end f the season and it will feel like we have got a new playe

Fer was my MOM

Comment

Working...
                              X