Harry out/Sherwood in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry out/Sherwood in

Having read a few of the posts on here over the last few days i am getting the impression that quite a few people are against Sherwood coming in and also that TF and Amit should take responsibility for the terrible appointment of Redknapp.

I have two points to make here....

1) I am not a fan of Redknapp, i have wanted him out since the West Ham game. However, on reflection although our league position is the same as when he joined us and it is hard to identify many improvements he has made in his time in charge, one thing is for sure, he did get rid of all the bad blood in the squad and has left us with a much better squad than Hughes did. Not sure there is any place for criticizing the board on their decision to hire Harry or fire him (if thats what we wish to believe happened in a roundabout way!)

2) If Sherwood gets the role, we should ALL get behind him! I can not see (or have not read any logical reason against) why he would not be a good appointment. Seems a determined character, passionate, something to prove, promotes youth etc, gets on with Les and Ramsey.

The people who don't want Sherwood in are the ones who want TF to spend millions on a great coach with wealth of experience. But these are the same people who moaned that didn't want Harry coz he is only here for the money. They contradict themselves. I take Sherwood as he has a point to prove, broke the winning percentage at Spurs (I know it was only half a season but still its not a bad thing) and young. Last time I saw a passionate manager at QPR was Holloway and he started young and has a point to prove when with us.
    Don't get me wrong my ideal manager for QPR would be Eddie Howe but Sherwood in my eyes is not a bad call. Could be a lot worse
    'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
      The people who don't want Sherwood in are the ones who want TF to spend millions on a great coach with wealth of experience. But these are the same people who moaned that didn't want Harry coz he is only here for the money. They contradict themselves. I take Sherwood as he has a point to prove, broke the winning percentage at Spurs (I know it was only half a season but still its not a bad thing) and young. Last time I saw a passionate manager at QPR was Holloway and he started young and has a point to prove when with us.
      Don't get me wrong my ideal manager for QPR would be Eddie Howe but Sherwood in my eyes is not a bad call. Could be a lot worse
      Are never happy...

Comment

I am very much the same there are other managers I may prefer but i certainly don't have any animocity towards Tim Sherwood and we do need a fresh start but I will always remember that HR was manager on one of the greatest Rangers days in my life last may ! I really hope Sherwood gets the job and shoves it right up all the doubters ! A bit like Furlong and Helguson did a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          Are never happy...
          Amen brother
          'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
            The people who don't want Sherwood in are the ones who want TF to spend millions
            That is a massive conclusion??? Personally I want a stable club who is building from the bottom up who is respected by the football community. I was in favour of Hughes appointment but massively disappointed with the signings. Redknapp came in when we looked DOOMED actually we are in a much better place now and have a chance of survival.

Personally what annoys me is this complete lie the club is peddling that anyone other than Sherwood is getting the job... the lie which has been in place since four months ago... the lie which I think destabilised the club over recent months.

QPR do need a structure... one which gives youth a chance. However is that Sherwood and Ferdinand? Maybe makes sense rather than to believe some unknown foreign manager has the skills to do so. What shocks me is the TF tweets saying we are looking three candidates. Which out of two we know already months ago said they were not interested in a move to other premiership clubs.
            Sherwood has been over looked on a number of current available jobs, but if appointed manager I'll do what I always do and support the manager.

So the question should be... "Is anyone other than Sherwood got a chance of being manager of QPR".

Finally.. I also do not believe the rubbish that Tim wants more money. The deal is done and will be announced Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              I am very much the same there are other managers I may prefer but i certainly don't have any animocity towards Tim Sherwood and we do need a fresh start but I will always remember that HR was manager on one of the greatest Rangers days in my life last may ! I really hope Sherwood gets the job and shoves it right up all the doubters ! A bit like Furlong and Helguson did a few years back.
              Exactly. Maybe this, maybe that, but let´s leave it at that. Went down, came up again. Good enough for me, compared to where we have been since ´96.
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                That is a massive conclusion??? Personally I want a stable club who is building from the bottom up who is respected by the football community. I was in favour of Hughes appointment but massively disappointed with the signings. Redknapp came in when we looked DOOMED actually we are in a much better place now and have a chance of survival.

Personally what annoys me is this complete lie the club is peddling that anyone other than Sherwood is getting the job... the lie which has been in place since four months ago... the lie which I think destabilised the club over recent months.

QPR do need a structure... one which gives youth a chance. However is that Sherwood and Ferdinand? Maybe makes sense rather than to believe some unknown foreign manager has the skills to do so. What shocks me is the TF tweets saying we are looking three candidates. Which out of two we know already months ago said they were not interested in a move to other premiership clubs.
                Sherwood has been over looked on a number of current available jobs, but if appointed manager I'll do what I always do and support the manager.

So the question should be... "Is anyone other than Sherwood got a chance of being manager of QPR".

Finally.. I also do not believe the rubbish that Tim wants more money. The deal is done and will be announced Monday.
                He didn't actually say that though, did he? The media took his comments and came up with the names of Sherwood, McClaren and Clement. They could just as easily have come out with Laudrup, Wise and Robinson.

What he actually said was that he thought we would interview three people. I read that differently to you. I believe that after considering many potential managers, he would whittle it down to a final shortlist of three and then interview them.
                He could hardly interview all the names that have been suggested recently, could he?

Comment

TF's deleted the 3 candidate tweet now.. anyone notice that?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    He didn't actually say that though, did he? The media took his comments and came up with the names of Sherwood, McClaren and Clement. They could just as easily have come out with Laudrup, Wise and Robinson.

What he actually said was that he thought we would interview three people. I read that differently to you. I believe that after considering many potential managers, he would whittle it down to a final shortlist of three and then interview them.
                    He could hardly interview all the names that have been suggested recently, could he?
                    So can we just make one thing clear- TF or anyone else linked to the club havnt actually said the names of the 3 candidates???
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      So can we just make one thing clear- TF or anyone else linked to the club havnt actually said the names of the 3 candidates???
                      Not that I'm aware of Nick, although I've not bugged their phones.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Not that I'm aware of Nick, although I've not bugged their phones.
                        The names r, brighton r...... oh right I just thought because there was so much talk of these 3 names it was a dead cert to be 1 of them....
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          TF's deleted the 3 candidate tweet now.. anyone notice that?
                          Did he? thats interesting

Comment

Working...
                          X