Our 25 man squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 25 man squad

Think it has to be in by tomorrow. Should make interesting reading. Will they leave a spare space or 2 just in case of any free agents. When you look at our potential squad it really should be good enough to give us a fighting chance if only he would play people in their best positions and for god sake, have a bloody go.

Who's free?

Cahill has gone to Shanghai. Only Anelka?

Comment

We had the same discussion after the last window, think we have to name all 25.

Comment

You can't leave spaces if you have eligible players that can fill those spaces. We have 25 listed on the offy, including Ale Faurlin. Not sure if we could leave him out, since he likely won't be able to feature anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          We had the same discussion after the last window, think we have to name all 25.
          think Fulham did it a couple of seasons ago and brought someone in well after deadline.

Comment

You are allowed to leave spaces I believe as long as all requirements for home grown players etc are followed.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Here is a list of available free agents:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stati...agslosespieler

Makes for interesting reading.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Here is a list of available free agents:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stati...agslosespieler

Makes for interesting reading.
                Only scanned about 10 players mate and a lot are wrong, so that list isn't up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                  Only scanned about 10 players mate and a lot are wrong, so that list isn't up to date.
                  Which ones are wrong m8?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    You are allowed to leave spaces I believe as long as all requirements for home grown players etc are followed.
                    I don't think you are;

Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named.

A lot of clubs can leave space in their squad because they have a number of young players in the first team that are qualified as youth players and so don't have to be named. We don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      I don't think you are;

Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named.

A lot of clubs can leave space in their squad because they have a number of young players in the first team that are qualified as youth players and so don't have to be named. We don't.
                      Is the correct answer - the one bit I'm not sure about is if Ali Faurlin counts as an eligible player given his long term injury?
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Any updates on whether we've named our full squad already?

Can't find a comprehensive, updated list of free agents, but it looks like Anelka is still available.

Antonio Cassano is also available (5 goals 2 assists in past 19 games at Parma in Serie A).

Chu Young Park was also just released and is a free agent again. Only 1 goal 1 assist in the past 7 games at Al Hilal in Saudi Arabia. Still in poor form, but no injuries or fitness problems and 29 years old, would be worth hiring for cheap.

Comment

It was named a couple of days ago now.
                          http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/new...2014-2015.html
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Bit surprised to see Michael Doughty's in the 25 man squad. Anyone know anything about the lad, other than that he's played about one game for us?

Comment

Working...
                            X