can someone tweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geng View Post
    There's no way Milner deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Hoilett and Phillips with regards to this thread. My point was those two 'wingers' would leave us ridiculously exposed in a 442. Milner, as one of the hardest working most disciplined players in the league, obviously wouldn't.
    You said you can't play 2 forwards, 2 wingers and a lazy midfielder in the modern game. City do (albeit Fernandinho is not actually lazy), actually quite a few play 2 FW and 2 wingers.

In no part have I actually compared Milner to Hoilett or Phillips though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      You said you can't play 2 forwards, 2 wingers and a lazy midfielder in the modern game. City do (albeit Fernandinho is not actually lazy), actually quite a few play 2 FW and 2 wingers.

In no part have I actually compared Milner to Hoilett or Phillips though.
      Well if you're going to call Milner a winger then yeah every team that plays four in midfield has two forwards and two wingers. great.

The point was that Philips doesn't defend well and is best very high up the pitch, whereas Hoilett is a total liability off the ball. Of course we could get away with a four man midfield if we had Beckham and Giggs on the wings, or Pires and Ljunberg. Or Ainsworth and Cook, Mackie and Smith. Or Navas and Milner.

Comment

Working...
      X