Tony waiting anxiously for the transfer window to shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony waiting anxiously for the transfer window to shut down

I am starting to believe that Tony is waiting for the transfer window to shut down as quickly as possible so that he can replace Harry. He pointed out that he believes in the current squad and we need to have the tactics right, which what Harry is employed to do. If Harry was to be sacked during the transfer window, another new manager will be asking for money to bring new players in. If a new manager will replace Harry after the transfer window has shut, then he cannot bring new players and will have to play with what we have now.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    I am starting to believe that Tony is waiting for the transfer window to shut down as quickly as possible so that he can replace Harry. He pointed out that he believes in the current squad and we need to have the tactics right, which what Harry is employed to do. If Harry was to be sacked during the transfer window, another new manager will be asking for money to bring new players in. If a new manager will replace Harry after the transfer window has shut, then he cannot bring new players and will have to play with what we have now.
    I don't think TF is that clever to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      well he's a t**t then.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
        I don't think TF is that clever to be honest.
        But maybe Sir Les is and sold him that idea?

Comment

Why on earth would he do that? What would be the point of waiting for the transfer window to close before sacking Harry? If he wanted rid it wouldn't make any difference waiting. In fact getting rid a few weeks ago would have allowed anyone new to assess the squad and strengthen where they saw fit, even if only loans...

If there was no money a new manager would be employed with that understanding....

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
            Why on earth would he do that? What would be the point of waiting for the transfer window to close before sacking Harry? If he wanted rid it wouldn't make any difference waiting. In fact getting rid a few weeks ago would have allowed anyone new to assess the squad and strengthen where they saw fit, even if only loans...

If there was no money a new manager would be employed with that understanding....
            exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post

No Manager will join a club without given a chance to bring in new players. Tony did have a lot of time for Harry, however his latest statements showed that he too is loosing his patience with him. ''We have a good squad needs better tactics;'' ''gone are the days of the cheque book;'' I feel that there's a message between those lines.

Comment

You do read some crap on here. Amusing.

Comment

plenty of out of work ex managers that would jump at the fat wage packet they would get for managing us

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    plenty of out of work ex managers that would jump at the fat wage packet they would get for managing us
                    True....however, not all ex managers are of the right sort.

Comment

I told you what will happen days ago. Please read my original post and its exactly what I anticipated. I think Harry got the message, while Tony did not want to be seen by the players that he sacked him. However, its the best solution for both parties. Hope that this will now instigate our players to give their best during these last sixteen games.

Comment

Actually the type of cold actions you would expect from a successful businessman and arguably the first time we have seen TF use his business acumen in manoeuvring Harry out the club

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Actually the type of cold actions you would expect from a successful businessman and arguably the first time we have seen TF use his business acumen in manoeuvring Harry out the club
                          He's learning !!

Comment

He called it!
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2