Cant see it happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant see it happening

TF saying nothing going to happen well Tony we need at least 4 players to stand the slightest chance to stay up
    centre back captain
    centre m/f
    left winger of reasonable pace that can actually cross near and far post
    centre forward
    will we get them not on your life

Why do we need another cb? We have Caulker, Onuoha, Rio, Dunne and Hill. Just a waste of money for now, wait till summer
    We need either a cm or a lw, not both, fer can play either worst case and we appear to still have Hoilett, Phillips and SWP and Traore who can all play there as well as zarate and Petrasso. In the middle we still have Fer, Sandro, Barton, Henry and I've seen Isla play there for Juve and Udinese a few times.
    Priority is a striker for sure, agreed there, but prefer a cm over an lm at this point.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Why do we need another cb? We have Caulker, Onuoha, Rio, Dunne and Hill. Just a waste of money for now, wait till summer
      We need either a cm or a lw, not both, fer can play either worst case and we appear to still have Hoilett, Phillips and SWP and Traore who can all play there as well as zarate and Petrasso. In the middle we still have Fer, Sandro, Barton, Henry and I've seen Isla play there for Juve and Udinese a few times.
      Priority is a striker for sure, agreed there, but prefer a cm over an lm at this point.
      We need defenders. We have scored the most in the bottom 7, and have conceded the most in the league!

Dunne & Hill are not good enough at all, yet we have them starting games.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I like dunne, but matty's right.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          We need defenders. We have scored the most in the bottom 7, and have conceded the most in the league!

Dunne & Hill are not good enough at all, yet we have them starting games.
          I definitely agree that dunne and hill aren't good enough, but the point is that resources could be used better than buying another cb, instead of just playing Onuoha and Caulker. As for hill, think we do need left back cover for sure but remember Yun is back and he was brilliant and actually is key to our results. I think he has been involved in four wins this season.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Weird really.. because at the start of the season I would of said Centre Back was our strongest position... Signing Caulker and Rio.. Only for HR to bench them half way through the season (Rio even earlier).

Think its more a sense of the coaching of the back 4, as opposed to the mantra of Queens Park Rangers.... Buy more and more.

Comment

I've seen one report this morning saying no spending but another one saying that spending will be sanctioned albeit if its right....

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...on-qpr-8561061

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                I've seen one report this morning saying no spending but another one saying that spending will be sanctioned albeit if its right....

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...on-qpr-8561061
                The tweets from Tony suggest if an interesting option is available, they will deal with it.

Comment

In an ideal world I would like us to get another CB as three golden oldies we have I don't think have it physically to play in this division on a regular basis and both Caulker and Ned blown bit hold and cold. Another striker, in BZ mould but who can run and score would be nice!

However I don't think we are doomed with the squad we have. Our downfall is we aren't reaching our potential and that is down to the manager. We have some good Premiership level players, bit short in a couple of areas but overall should be a few places higher than we are. My own view is that a decent manager/coaching team would be getting more out of at least some of our players.

If Harry stays then I'm not overly optimistic but nothing certain. We are in a group of teams at the bottom and potentially could get ourselves out of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Weird really.. because at the start of the season I would of said Centre Back was our strongest position... Signing Caulker and Rio.. Only for HR to bench them half way through the season (Rio even earlier).

Think its more a sense of the coaching of the back 4, as opposed to the mantra of Queens Park Rangers.... Buy more and more.
                    I agree about the coaching or lack of it for the defenders ,there's a post on lfw could rio offer some input there I dunno

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      I agree about the coaching or lack of it for the defenders ,there's a post on lfw could rio offer some input there I dunno
                      Yeah maybe he could, who knows.. Last season we were solid at the back so im not sure where its all gone wrong but it has. Un-doubtedly the quality of the league is better and not many Prem teams are great at defending anymore but still, its a drastic change.

Comment

If we sign anyone, think we should sign a winger and a striker, wouldn't bother strengthening in defensive areas. We will still concede goals. We have our best CM playing out wide, stick him in the middle.
                        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

At what point wil you realise it doesnt matter who we bring in, Harry and his team of cronies will turn them s***e in no time. TF is exactly right, he rolled the dice before in Jan and got punished for it. Harry has enough good players, i think TF is preparing for relegation again. I personally agree with him and have mentally prepared myself for relegation as long as Harry is in charge

Comment

Just read on the org some Italian firm reckon we've a strong interest in Younis Kaboul yeah I know Spurs but he's the type of centre back that could do us good , on the right deal ie loan with a bonus if we stay up and a view the a permanent deal in the summer

Comment

Working...
                            X