What have we really got to lose!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have we really got to lose!???

We are looking dead certs for the drop. Reasons we are certs and are all facts and can not be argued:

1) we are newly promoted
    2) we have the same manager who relegated us 2 years ago
    3) we are 2nd bottom now and that's a relegation spot
    4) we have lost all of our away games
    5) we have played all the team around us at home already

Those are all FACTS, not positive/optimism or negative/pessimism. Cold Hard Facts. Realism if you like.

So, we have 2 options from this point. We continue playing scared negative slow football, defending for our lives especially away from home. Or we go for it with a 442 or 433 every game home and away and use youth and pace to attack sides!

I chose which one I wanted quite a while back, we don't need any new players as we have them all here but we just need to play the right players in the right system and attach sides. This side wins us football matches, makes us more entertaining to watch and might even save our bacon. I want the job please Tony, give me £100k on a 2 year deal and I will turn this muck around!!

Green
    Isla
    Caulker
    Onouha
    Yun
    Sandro
    Fer (CM FFS)
    Phillips
    Taarabt
    Austin
    Vargas

This
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Not a big fan at the moment of either but why not try playing 2 'natural' wingers in hoilett AND Phillips?

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        Not a big fan at the moment of either but why not try playing 2 'natural' wingers in hoilett AND Phillips?
        That too far out for Harry to get his head around...

Comment

We could be the first club in history to lose most away games and still stay up, you just never know?

Comment

I like what started this thread. What have we got to lose. We've played the slow, sit back, wait to fall behind strategy all season long. Hopefully we can land a creative midfielder today; would be happy to add that into the suggested lineup (vs. Phillips, who has pace but no one-on-one skill, or Taarabt, who has skill and little pace).

Comment

If we were 4th bottom I would say, "if it aint broke don't fix it". However, we aren't so we need to make changes.

Personally I would play Adel instead of Hoilett in a 433 system. Pace at the back, creativity in fer and adel, goals in austin, pace in vargas in his natural position, pace and direcness in phillips, steel in sandro. This team wins and loses games. The current system and players just loses games.

Comment

Like what Rich suggests. Play with a team that will go all out and have a mixed record of success (but be a helluva lot of fun to watch) versus one slow bleeding toward relegation in a season we'll all want to forget.

Comment

That was the thing that fvcked me off most on Saturday.. HR playing the same team, bar Niko.

We've lost our last 11 away games and he continues to play possibly our two most influential players, out of position.

Comment

It's an absolute joke. I think he wants the sack so he leaves earlier with his money, I really do.

Comment

Working...
                    X