Holy Vargas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Vargas!!!

Have been waiting to see Vargas start to show the same nose for the action/goal as he did in the first two games for us. Yesterday we saw flashes of that same player. He was aggressive, involved, and interested in making a difference. Had he scored on that bicycle kick, which was a horrible injustice, it would have perhaps been the highlight PL goal of the year. What we need to do is add speed to the lineup around him, especially given Charlie's lack of pace. Not Krancjar and Taarabt, but Junior and Matty (as frustrating as they can sometimes be).

Thought he was shite myself and has been getting worse with every game

Comment

He either needs to be played up-front or dropped

Comment

Looks totally out of Depth, but is also being played our postion!!
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          Thought he was shite myself and has been getting worse with every game

Comment

He was at fault for the second goal.

He's a striker, nothing else. Play him there or drop him. Ditto Fer with CM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              He was at fault for the second goal.

He's a striker, nothing else. Play him there or drop him. Ditto Fer with CM.
              Ok I sound like a broken record, barely ever plays striker and when he does, he always floats wide right anyway
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The overhead kick would have been a great goal, like others on here I thought he was poor overall, he made some passes that were ill advised and tried shooting from bad angles when he had players open in space! I would like to see him played up front as well!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Ok I sound like a broken record, barely ever plays striker and when he does, he always floats wide right anyway
                  He's been played upfront once. That was a sub appearance vs Liverpool and he scored twice (ok once was debateable OG)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    He's been played upfront once. That was a sub appearance vs Liverpool and he scored twice (ok once was debateable OG)
                    If Phillips had been given 14 apps (mostly starts) I think he would have produced more than 1 goal and 3 assists - which by the way he has also managed for the oppopponents., with the misplaced passes, conceded penalty and deflected own goal.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      And doesn't do much out there either. I'd rather Phillips was given that amount of games out on the right wing.

Comment

Another one not good enough for the premiership along with nearly every one of the rest.

Comment

I love how everyone is hailing phillips as the hero we need now, when after every appearance this season, he has gotten so much abuse. But hey, if it gives you something more to complain about, go for it
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                          X