Spot the difference...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Have we or have we not gone backwards under TF? Around what £60-£70 Million spent in transfer fees in total, huge debt, massive wage bill, an old-school manager who has failed to bring on any youth, has alienated players and given us the English record worst away form in the top flight, fans falling out with players, sitting in the bottom 3. Please explain how that's an improvement from where we were before TF got involved.
    New stadium in the pipeline, new training ground/academy due to be built, money provided to improve the playing squad. I'd hardly call that going backwards. The debt is held by the owners and not with banks. There's a huge difference.

I still say the fault lies with the the managers we've had, the coaches, and the playing staff. After all, they're the ones producing bad results on a regular basis.

As for bringing in young players, have you considered the cupboard may be bare in our current youth set up?
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Who hired the managers?

Comment

Who hired the managers?
        They haven't worked out, pure and simple. We're not the first to hire dodgy managers, we won't be the last. Imagine if every board in the country stepped down each time a manager failed, it would be chaos. Plenty of chairmen have stayed in their jobs after highly paid managers have failed to do the job they were paid for.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

You've missed the point: by hiring two inept managers in a row, they have put the future of the club in jeopardy. Furthermore, whatever bizarre, short-sighted or spellbound state has induced TF to keep Harold Redknapp in charge, he has failed in his duty to secure the long-term future of the club. We now have the massive FFP fine hanging over us, to add to the rest. Last season it was clear to anyone (well almost anyone), that Harold was out of ideas and past his sell-by date. He should have been pensioned off after the play-off final. But Tony persists. And persists. In over 20 years of regular attendance I don't think I've enjoyed watching QPR less than the last season and a half (apart from the play-offs of course). You say the buck stops with the managers and their staff. I say it rests with TF and the board.

Comment

You've missed the point: by hiring two inept managers in a row, they have put the future of the club in jeopardy. Furthermore, whatever bizarre, short-sighted or spellbound state has induced TF to keep Harold Redknapp in charge, he has failed in his duty to secure the long-term future of the club. We now have the massive FFP fine hanging over us, to add to the rest. Last season it was clear to anyone (well almost anyone), that Harold was out of ideas and past his sell-by date. He should have been pensioned off after the play-off final. But Tony persists. And persists. In over 20 years of regular attendance I don't think I've enjoyed watching QPR less than the last season and a half (apart from the play-offs of course). You say the buck stops with the managers and their staff. I say it rests with TF and the board.
            As a club we've been crying out for stability for years. TF deserves at least some credit for trying to do it and fair play to him. To be honest, the majority were over the moon with MH and HR appointments at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              As a club we've been crying out for stability for years. TF deserves at least some credit for trying to do it and fair play to him. To be honest, the majority were over the moon with MH and HR appointments at the time.
              The majority were over the moon? Well I wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                The majority were over the moon? Well I wasn't. I was seriously pis5ed off he fired Warnock. And I was supremely doubtful about HR.

Comment

Working...
                X