Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
    Green-35
    Dunne-35
    Hill-36
    Zamora-34
    Barton-32
    Henry-32
    Krankjar-30 (seems older to me!)
    Probably cos he smokes 20 a day (allegedly)!

To be honest the age of our squad just shows you how very poor we've been in the transfer market in recent years. If you look at how much money Fernandes has spent and then look at how many decent young prospects we have, I don't think there can be any doubt how bad the vast majority of our transfers have been!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 01-02-2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Green-35
      Dunne-35
      Hill-36
      Zamora-34
      Barton-32
      Henry-32
      Krankjar-30 (seems older to me!)
      That's not good reading.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

McCarthy
        Isla
        Caulker
        Ned
        Yun
        Vargas
        Fer
        Austin

Could/should all arguably be in the starting 11. So when put like that its not that bad, BUT thats not the case because of poor management team selection.

Imo we've relied on toilet for to long and could of and should of been replaced a long time ago, which in turn would mean being able to play Fer to his strengths in his natural position. Also fair play to Dunne who's been a rock but I cant help but think (and Ive said this since Caulker signed) that Caulker and Ned should've been given a chance to build a central defence relationship/understanding.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          McCarthy
          Isla
          Caulker
          Ned
          Yun
          Vargas
          Fer
          Austin

Could/should all arguably be in the starting 11. So when put like that its not that bad, BUT thats not the case because of poor management team selection.

Imo we've relied on toilet for to long and could of and should of been replaced a long time ago, which in turn would mean being able to play Fer to his strengths in his natural position. Also fair play to Dunne who's been a rock but I cant help but think (and Ive said this since Caulker signed) that Caulker and Ned should've been given a chance to build a central defence relationship/understanding.
          To be fair, two of those aren't in the starting 11, the rest are. Dunne is solid defensively but distribution is awful.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            To be fair, two of those aren't in the starting 11, the rest are. Dunne is solid defensively but distribution is awful.
            Yeah I know but my point is they could easily be, which would mean only 3 older players...
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Yeah I know but my point is they could easily be, which would mean only 3 older players...
              Agreed in part, don't think McCarthy should purely on the fact that green has been excellent but definitely think Caulker and Onuoha should play together.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Agreed in part, don't think McCarthy should purely on the fact that green has been excellent but definitely think Caulker and Onuoha should play together.
                Yeah agree with that tbf. But it is important that we dont rely on the older players we have (like we seem to be)...... suppose my point is if needed we have 8 players more than capable of playing in the prem.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Yeah agree with that tbf. But it is important that we dont rely on the older players we have (like we seem to be)...... suppose my point is if needed we have 8 players more than capable of playing in the prem.
                  Agreed on that mate, think the team is good enough when injuries go away. One thing I noticed is that Yun has played in 4 of our 5 league wins this season. And one of the draws. Clint has only been involved in two, Traore has only played more than 30 minutes in one win. Maybe that is the problem?

Comment

You forgot Harry 125 years old lol
                    He looks it anyway :-)
                    R's

Comment

Green-35
                      Dunne-35
                      Hill-36
                      Zamora-34
                      Barton-32
                      Henry-32