No announcement yet.

No new deals likely according to Sky Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, still nothing on the new contract front regarding Charlie either... No doubt waiting to see where we will be next season.

I don't get excited about any names we are linked with anymore to be honest... Just because so many have came and under performed.
    I don't like the sound of M'Vila to be honest. He turned us down before, went to Rubin Kazan for the ££££ and then got shipped to Inter where he has been bang average.
    Not sure about his attitude either from what I have read... Being linked with the likes of him and Adebayor and being stuck in the bottom 3, not playing great is just starting to feel like Hughes's reign all over again!

Im fed up of the big name signings now... I'd like Sako though, that's the only one we have been linked with this window which I would take.

Comment

Reckon Austin is gone whatever happens.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Reckon Austin is gone whatever happens.
        What this month Ginge?

Comment

Why would someone sign Charlie this month? It's gonna be one of the big boys and they can get Ings cheaper and Kane is more highly rated.

Charlie ain't going anywhere in this window.

Comment

Anything can happen Matty.. If Liverpool or Everton wade in and smack £15 mill on the table Sunday or Monday morning.. what do you do?!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              What this month Ginge?
              Nah i meant in the summer
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Anything can happen Matty.. If Liverpool or Everton wade in and smack £15 mill on the table Sunday or Monday morning.. what do you do?!
                Turn it down. The mittals probably earn that in a minute

Comment

£15 million? Not a chance. Charlie is effectively worth £80 million in this window, as he's our only hope of staying up. I wouldn't sell him at any price because it's too late to get a replacement.

Plus the number of clubs that can actually sign him are very limited. Liverpool can't really afford £15 million and will be able to get Ings on a free in 6 months. If they were really desperate they could sign him for cheaper than Charlie at the moment due to Ings contract expiring in the summer.

Everton haven't got a pot to #### in after spunking £28 million on Lukaku in the summer. They only play one up front and won't be paying the price it would cost to sign Charlie for a reserve.

So who's going to buy him realistically?

Charlie scores goals but his all round game needs major improvement if he's to make it at a big club in my opinion. I just can't see it happening in his career. I see Charlie as a striker for a mid table Premier League team 6th-10th bracket, teams like Newcastle, Southampton and Stoke.

If we stay up, I'm certain he'll sign a new deal. If we go down, he's off to someone of the 6th-10th ilk.

Chance of him leaving this window? I don't even give it 1% to be honest but I do understand where you're coming from. It would take silly money, I'm talking at least £25 million and that ain't going to happen. If we sold Charlie for £15 million on deadline day, I'd commit mass murder at LR live on SSN.

Comment

It's all about smoke and mirrors
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      To be honest, I'm just bricking it that one of the big gun's will come after Charlie with a mega-bucks offer that he/the club can't ignore..... if we can get to Tuesday still owning Charlie I'll deem it a good window.
                      If a club comes in with a big offer that Charlie can't ignore...??? He'll have no say in the matter. If the club dont want to sell, which they won't, it's irrelevant what he wants if on a contract. If we sold pretty much our only source of goals we would basically condemn ourselves to relegation and write off £70m next season as a result.....I 'm sure no club will be bidding anything like £70m for Charlie, so assume it's safe to say he wont be going anywhere.

Comment

"It shouldn't be a psychological factor," Redknapp said. "They're passionate fans at Stoke and it's a difficult place to go but we have to go away and pick up some points. It needs to start sooner than later.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                        X