Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campbell if he does come

Lets give him a chance

In recent years its been some of our less inspiring signings which have left us rather deflated when announced that have actually stood up and been counted where as the players with the big expectations have let us down big style

Nelson, Dunne, Hill, Derry, Furlong etc never really wet our appetites but their held in higher regard then the so called stars Cesar, Bosingwa and Samba and offered our club so much more value for money then those just mentioned

He's got bags of pace and would offer us something upfront we have been lacking now for two years up top speed and ability to play on the shoulder of defender. Could create more space for Charlie so if he signs he might not be many fans first choice but if he pulls the hoops on he hes 110% support

Worse case scenario would do a job next season if we went down

He isn't coming. Palace just paying us what we want without swap deal.

Comment

Really Fordy when did that come out???

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        He isn't coming. Palace just paying us what we want without swap deal.
        why would they help there rivals
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Today... HR only wants to sign last minute players (been quoted all week)

I just hope Sesame Street want their saggy muppet back soon..

Comment

Campbell isn't part of the deal, Palace want to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Really Fordy when did that come out???
              There's a few news reports about it mate, they wernt keen on it so paid us the full amount that we asked for.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                There's a few news reports about it mate, they wernt keen on it so paid us the full amount that we asked for.

And there was me thinking we asked for our money back - To the tune of £5.5m !
                Admittedly, there are 'add ons' which may eventually see us get our outlay back, but they certainly haven't paid us what we asked for...yet !

(Detail courtesy of WLS and some National publications)

Comment

I highly doubt we paid the lot up front to Cardiff. I guess our deal had add on's too, so we probably have recouped our outlay.

Comment

Seems to me, we've struggled to bring in the loans we wanted (and TF would allow), so needed to raise approx. £5m to finance 1, 2 or 3 Incomings before Monday night.
                    To do that, we HAD to offload either Mutch, Hoilett, Philips or Taarabt.

Is it strange we didn't do this business a week (or so) ago, then tied up Defoe before Sun'lan could ?

Comment

The transfer window basically opens now. Not too many deals happen before this date as the agents and clubs hold out for inflated prices. Us , west brom, palace, Leicester, burnley , hull,will be running round after last minute signings. I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Shame about Campbell i reckon he would of given us something different. Him and Charlie up top could of been quite useful imo

Comment

Nor part of the deal?? Oh well. Lets move on...
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                            I highly doubt we paid the lot up front to Cardiff. I guess our deal had add on's too, so we probably have recouped our outlay.
                            Yep, probability took a small hit on Mutch but clubs don't pay 100% up front in these deals.

Campbell is rubbish, not worth wasting our time on. He will not improve our starting 11.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                              Seems to me, we've struggled to bring in the loans we wanted (and TF would allow), so needed to raise approx. £5m to finance 1, 2 or 3 Incomings before Monday night.
                              To do that, we HAD to offload either Mutch, Hoilett, Philips or Taarabt.

Is it strange we didn't do this business a week (or so) ago, then tied up Defoe before Sun'lan could ?
                              Didn't Defoe cost 12 million and that's without his wages.

Comment

Working...
                              X