Team For Stoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team For Stoke

What would be your team for Stoke, providing everyone is fit and available?

4-2-3-1

Green

Isla Caulker Dunne Yun

Sandro Henry

Vargas Taarabt Zarate

Austin

The reason I drop Ned after his good performance against United is due to Stoke being decent from attacking set pieces but weirdly very poor at defending them. Must be a Mark Hughes thing as I seem to remember every time a team got a corner against us when he was in charge, we conceded!

For me, Caulker and Dunne attack the ball far better than Ned and I feel we can cause a lot of problems from attacking set pieces. Caulker scored in the home game. Dunne may not be fit though as he went off injured against United, in that case, Ned would replace him.

Hopefully Yun has recovered and I think everyone will agree he has to replace Hill.

If Sandro is fit, he replaces Barton. Henry has been outstanding all season in my opinion and with him and Sandro playing as a defensive midfield unit, I'd be quite happy.

Is Adel off to Milan? If he's available, he has to play as a number 10 for me. If not, I'd play Fer in that position. Leroy seems to struggle with the defensive side of his game, especially when playing out wide. I think he's a little bit lazy. Going forward, I like him and I feel he'll be decent as a number 10.

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

4-2-3-1

Green

Isla Caulker Dunne Yun

Sandro Henry

Vargas Taarabt Zarate

Austin

The reason I drop Ned after his good performance against United is due to Stoke being decent from attacking set pieces but weirdly very poor at defending them. Must be a Mark Hughes thing as I seem to remember every time a team got a corner against us when he was in charge, we conceded!

For me, Caulker and Dunne attack the ball far better than Ned and I feel we can cause a lot of problems from attacking set pieces. Caulker scored in the home game. Dunne may not be fit though as he went off injured against United, in that case, Ned would replace him.

Hopefully Yun has recovered and I think everyone will agree he has to replace Hill.

If Sandro is fit, he replaces Barton. Henry has been outstanding all season in my opinion and with him and Sandro playing as a defensive midfield unit, I'd be quite happy.

Is Adel off to Milan? If he's available, he has to play as a number 10 for me. If not, I'd play Fer in that position. Leroy seems to struggle with the defensive side of his game, especially when playing out wide. I think he's a little bit lazy. Going forward, I like him and I feel he'll be decent as a number 10.
    Agreed on that, as you said, Fer would make a good number 10 in my opinion. He has the skill on the ball, he can defend sometimes and works hard at the top of the pitch, he has good vision as well so would love to see him tried out there. Personally, would love to see him play this match in that role, think he would really break that Stoke defence. Having Sandro back will give him more ability to stay up the pitch as well so that is a positive.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

4-2-3-1

Green

Isla Caulker Dunne Yun

Sandro Henry

Vargas Taarabt Zarate

Austin

------------Green----------------

---Isla---Ned---Dunne---Yun---

------Barton---- Henry----------

-------------Fer----------------

-----Vargas--------Zarate----

------------Austin-------------

Wouldnt drop Ned. I think he played too well against United to deserve to be dropped again, it would be demoralising for him.
      We need pace away from home, we need to counter, hence why the front 3 I have picked with Vargas and Zarate either side of Austin and Fer in an advanced central role and not stuck on the left.

Personally not a fan of Adel anymore and wouldn't have him anywhere near the 1st time cos he don't want to be here and looked 2 stone overweight and slow when he came on last week.

I think its too early to throw Sandro into the starting line-up ahead of Barton and Henry
      Last edited by West London is Rss; 28-01-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I would go with that team Matty.

I think we'll be able to create the chances and you never know?

I think it's the best system for us team and players, just want to see it for a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          ------------Green----------------

---Isla---Ned---Dunne---Yun---

------Barton---- Henry----------

-------------Fer----------------

-----Vargas--------Zarate----

------------Austin-------------

Would drop Ned. I think he played too well against United to deserve to be dropped again, it would be demoralising for him.
          We need pace away from home, we need to counter, hence why the front 3 I have picked with Vargas and Zarate either side of Austin and Fer in an advanced central role and not stuck on the left.

Personally not a fan of Adel anymore and wouldn't have him anywhere near the 1st time cos he don't want to be here and looked 2 stone overweight and slow when he came on last week.
          Agree with you here West, although Barton over Sandro is a risk, with the way stoke can attack physically. Barton puts in a shift but isn't as big a presence as Sandro for me. Also, on the basis that Mame Diouf won't be rested or given a break, then Dunne cannot play. Diouf would run rings around him so I agree with you there as well.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Green
            Isla Caulker Nedum Yun (if fit)
            Vargas Henry Fer Phillips
            Tarbs
            Austin
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Agree with you here West, although Barton over Sandro is a risk, with the way stoke can attack physically. Barton puts in a shift but isn't as big a presence as Sandro for me. Also, on the basis that Mame Diouf won't be rested or given a break, then Dunne cannot play. Diouf would run rings around him so I agree with you there as well.
              Just think its too early for Sandro. I'd throw him in for our next home game potentially but I don't think HR will drop Barton.

Still to this day baffles me the amount of backing Adel has from fans... But lets not go into that one! Don't want another Adel riot!

Comment

Just think its too early for Sandro. I'd throw him in for our next home game potentially but I don't think HR will drop Barton.

Still to this day baffles me the amount of backing Adel has from fans... But lets not go into that one! Don't want another Adel riot!
                Haha lets agree on that then. i have to agree, don't think harry can really drop barton, after the fact that barton is captain as well. maybe a 20 or 30 minute appearance at the end to close out the game for sandro would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Haha lets agree on that then. i have to agree, don't think harry can really drop barton, after the fact that barton is captain as well. maybe a 20 or 30 minute appearance at the end to close out the game for sandro would be good.
                  Agree. I think giving him 20-30 mins is a good idea for this game.

Comment

Agree. I think giving him 20-30 mins is a good idea for this game.
                    Especially since we have some difficulty (especially in recent games) closing out matches.

Comment

-----------------Green

Isla-----Onuha-------Dunne----Yun

---------Henry------Fer

--Vargas----Taarabt------Zarate

-----------Austin

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Green
                        Tarbs
                        Austin
                        This.

Comment

Will people EVER stop worshipping Tarbs... Does he have to burn down LR for people to give up their love affair?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Green
                            Tarbs
                            Austin

Comment

Will people EVER stop worshipping Tarbs... Does he have to burn down LR for people to give up their love affair?
                              West I genuinely get your point but I think the reason some of us keep wanting to choose him atm is Dow. To the pure fact he's our most creative midfielder. The only 1 who can really produce a moment of magic.

I would say ath he's still pretty useful. It would be nice to draw a line under Taarabt amd move forward with a new player but atm who can do what he can. I would say mutch but we are selling him to a rival!

Comment

Working...
                              X