WBA Want Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    According to the Racing Posts Soccerbase, he's scored 19 goals in 77 games, and average of a goal every 4 games! How's that not a goalscorer? Some strikers don't have that record. Also a lot of them appearances are from the bench and for a team that's constantly struggled apart from last season.
    I`m quoting from Wikipedia Matty so who knows. But we can both agree 19 or 12 goals over a five year period does not make him prolific , and in just over 80 games in that period. Not for me, thanks.
    "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Phillips is better!! Hasn't been given a fair crack. Genuinely reckon if he got 3 or 4 starts on the trot and a bit of faith he would be a decent player.
      Same here. He hasn't had anywhere near the chances Hoilett and SWP have had.
      If he gets 3-4 starts in a row and doesn't produce he can then be sold in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWord View Post
        I`m quoting from Wikipedia Matty so who knows. But we can both agree 19 or 12 goals over a five year period does not make him prolific , and in just over 80 games in that period. Not for me, thanks.
        Wiki says his record is 18 in 101 apps, which is a goal every 5 and a half games, still decent for a winger and a lot of his appearances are as a sub. Based on his average, over a 38 game season he'd score 7 goals. If you don't think that's good for a winger then that's your opinion.

If you take into account his PL apps only then it doesn't make good reading, 2 goals in 26.

Comment

He's bang average in my book Matty would not improve our side at all

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            Give them Phillips & Mutch in swap for Barahino
            And throw in SWP, Rio, Hoillett to seal the deal.

Comment

Well I haven't read all of this thread but I hope it's been pointed out that we have the quality players here Tony Pulis and Alan Pardew are no mugs!
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                Well I haven't read all of this thread but I hope it's been pointed out that we have the quality players here Tony Pulis and Alan Pardew are no mugs!
                Good point, it has to be something to do within our training or fitness, why do good players become so slow as soon as they join us?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  He's bang average in my book Matty would not improve our side at all
                  I'm not saying he's a world beater but I think he offers far more of a threat than any winger we currently have. He's direct and pacy but very raw. If I was a defender, I'd rather have Hoilett, SWP or Phillips running at me than McManaman.

Comment

Hmmm on the fence.

Looks like he's got something but any time he plays he never produces. Not sure he's got what it takes at the top level. I'd probably take the same we paid for him & look elsewhere.

Comment

He's direct and pacy but very raw.
                      You have just described Phillips there bud. He just needs a manager to put there arm round him and say your getting a run of games and more importantly someone at the club to actually do their job and coach him and teach him what they want unforunately we appear not to have a manager or coaches capable of this

Someone like Callum would come and within months be tarred with same brush as Phillips as we just sign players and don't develop them once there here

Comment

No thanks, rather keep Phillips.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

You have just described Phillips there bud. He just needs a manager to put there arm round him and say your getting a run of games and more importantly someone at the club to actually do their job and coach him and teach him what they want unforunately we appear not to have a manager or coaches capable of this

Someone like Callum would come and within months be tarred with same brush as Phillips as we just sign players and don't develop them once there here
                          Phillips direct? The lad looks lost when he's got a full back one on one. I've never seen a winger pass back so much.

Comment

Phillips direct? The lad looks lost when he's got a full back one on one. I've never seen a winger pass back so much.
                            Agree to disagree he's the only one at the club that I have seen who runs forward with the ball and who tries to deliver it albeit not really that well given opportunities he has had

Comment

Agree to disagree he's the only one at the club that I have seen who runs forward with the ball and who tries to deliver it albeit not really that well given opportunities he has had
                              No sorry West he rarely makes a forward run what I see when he receives the ball he now looks like a little boy lost or a rabbit in the head lights but when he does get on his bike he can make a dam good run at pace and deliver a very good cross and for that reason imo the best for him and the club is him to go out on loan for the rest of the season to a championship club and have a good look at him in the close season ,
                              But apparently he doesn't want that ie Wigan says he wants to stay and fight for his place , again imo he should have shown that fight long ago

Comment

Working...
                              X