Tony Fernandez Interview Part One.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
    Yeah sorry about that mate...i should remember to tone it down around such sensitive souls.
    Or just not bother in the first place.....

Comment

• Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      Or just not bother in the first place.....
      i think youve done alright in this debate Surrey ,but Bush was just teasing mate .
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Really? You dig me out for being "negative", yet the only "positive" aspects of the club that you can present are two ideas that exist only on paper and in TF's mind.
        if thats the only positives of the current regime ,then Surrey has a point .
        (Not that i`m suggesting bringing back Tango and Cash you understand )

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
          i think youve done alright in this debate Surrey ,but Bush was just teasing mate .
          I'll pack the rod away now....
          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

if thats the only positives of the current regime ,then Surrey has a point .
            (Not that i`m suggesting bringing back Tango and Cash you understand )
            Thanks for the words in your previous post.

I find the concept of praising TF's ownership on two (admittedly large) projects that are little more than planning assumptions at this stage to be somewhat absurd, especially in the wake of so many bad decisions under his stewardship. With that said, I have read an article today where Fernandes has openly admitted that intial plans for the training ground were initially too ambitious, and that the club will look into scaling back the final plans in order to speed up the process (with a new facility ready in as quickly as two years time). This suggests to me that the penny is finally starting to drop where club infrastructure is concerned. The fact that a dose of realism is starting to effect Fernandes' decisions is something that I will commend him for, and not something that was necessarily present when he first bought the club. That much at least is encouraging.

Comment

Thanks for the words in your previous post.

I find the concept of praising TF's ownership on two (admittedly large) projects that are little more than planning assumptions at this stage to be somewhat absurd, especially in the wake of so many bad decisions under his stewardship. With that said, I have read an article today where Fernandes has openly admitted that intial plans for the training ground were initially too ambitious, and that the club will look into scaling back the final plans in order to speed up the process (with a new facility ready in as quickly as two years time). This suggests to me that the penny is finally starting to drop where club infrastructure is concerned. The fact that a dose of realism is starting to effect Fernandes' decisions is something that I will commend him for, and not something that was necessarily present when he first bought the club. That much at least is encouraging.
              Took him 3 years and nearly £200 million but maybe ...just maybe... he doesnt wear his trousers just to keep his ankles warm anymore. We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                Took him 3 years and nearly £200 million but maybe ...just maybe... he doesnt wear his trousers just to keep his ankles warm anymore. We will see.
                He has certainly paid a hefty financial price for his naivety and over-enthuisiasm. I am willing to change my opinion on the man though if a) the training ground is delivered around the projected completion time and b) Redknapp's successor next season is an ambitious long term appointment.

Comment

• Everyone makes mistakes including you & I, Tony's made his but to be fair even we didn't know Mark & Harry would turn out like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    Everyone makes mistakes including you & I, Tony's made his but to be fair even we didn't know Mark & Harry would turn out like this?
                    You've got me on that one....I have to hold me hands up and admit to being excited by the appointments of Hughes and (to a lesser extent) Redknapp.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Everyone makes mistakes including you & I, Tony's made his but to be fair even we didn't know Mark & Harry would turn out like this?
                      thats true ,( no one could predict what a failure those too have been ) but he hung on to Hughes too long and is now making the same mistake again .

Comment

• Would`t it be lovely just to have one season, with out this constant stream of dramas that seem to follow this club around year in year out. I`m sure somewhere along the line we`ve upset a Gypsy or ten.

Oh and Surrey fully agree with your posts.
                        "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

thats true ,( no one could predict what a failure those too have been ) but he hung on to Hughes too long and is now making the same mistake again .
                          It was a board decision, not just a TF one. We'll have to wait until the end of the season to see if it was right or wrong.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                            It was a board decision, not just a TF one. We'll have to wait until the end of the season to see if it was right or wrong.
                            True ,but even if we manage to stay up ,personally i`d still like Harry gone .

Comment

True ,but even if we manage to stay up ,personally i`d still like Harry gone .
                              I'm sure he'll be gone at the end of the season one way or another
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                                I'm sure he'll be gone at the end of the season one way or another
                                well ,at least we agree on one thing !

Comment

Working...
                                X