Tony Fernandez Interview Part One.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fernandez Interview Part One.

Really good and heart felt exclusive interview from our chairman.
    Could Kirill and the other haters please refrain from coating off our chairman on this thread please. Make your own anti tony one. Ta.

Kev, there is no chance they will miss the opportunity to do that mate.

Comment

Love this bloke (no homo). Such a nice and decent fella and is doing everything possible to make our club a steady premiership club.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Could Kirill and the other haters ...
        Oh but I know his heart is in the right place, have never doubted that.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

It isn't his heart that bothers me, always come across as likable. Unfortunately there's more to it than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Could Kirill and the other haters please refrain from coating off our chairman on this thread please. Make your own anti tony one. Ta.
            Bless , I glad you enjoyed the PR waffle
            We Are The People.....

Comment

Now I am worried, 'the best fans' and 'the most intelligent' Obviously hasn't been on this site

He is a very good PR man
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Personally, I'm pleased that the chairman is such a genuinely honest and nice guy.

At the end of the day, any debt is that of the owners and I would far rather our owners with debt, than the likes of Ashley or Tan.

Yes, things could have gone better, but he is not solely to blame. Better to back him when he needs it, as he did for us.

Comment

Top bloke but he needs to stop ####ing about.

Comment

Tony very clearly states that all the board members agreed to Harry staying, not seen one person on here blame Amit or anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Tony very clearly states that all the board members agreed to Harry staying...
                      But for that to happen someone actually had to suggest that he should stay. The agreeing ones clearly don't want to rock the boat/burst their comfort bubble. Such mass delusion is not uncommon in situations spiralling out of control, because the closer you are to the core of a massive problem, the less you are willing to admit to your own mistakes and the more you cling to the status quo. At this point in time and in this decision context Harry is the one person among the club leadership who should receive the least blame for QPR's misfortune.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        But for that to happen someone actually had to suggest that he should stay. The agreeing ones clearly don't want to rock the boat/burst their comfort bubble. Such mass delusion is not uncommon in situations spiralling out of control, because the closer you are to the core of a massive problem, the less you are willing to admit to your own mistakes and the more you cling to the status quo. At this point in time and in this decision context Harry is the one person among the club leadership who should receive the least blame for QPR's misfortune.
                        Stop making excuses, if they don't agree then they can say "No". At no point have a heard any of the other board members say they didn't want him, have you?

It may have been the others that twisted Tony's arm to keep him?

Or it could be the fact they all wanted him to stay?

Comment

His heart isn't in question, it's his understanding of running a football club as a business. The owners have pumped millions into the club, I bet they're as pissed off as us, which is why I find it staggering the off field team is pretty much the same from the day they walked in!

My opinion is Tony is a nice guy, that needs to change. I want a ruthless chairman who runs a tight ship behind the scenes and that process can only start with a ruthless CEO, somebody who knows how to run a football club (that's their job, right?).

If Tony could take the non playing Flavio approach, I think we have a perfect chairman. Notice I said non playing, by that I mean, having a ruthless mindset in business and running it that way but not trying to do everything or anything to do with the football side of things.

Tony has already got that right in my opinion, he backs and trusts his manager and lets them get on with it, which is perfect in my opinion. If he could become more ruthless, I feel we have the perfect chairman and the club would be in a tremendous position.

The money a club gets for being in the PL nowadays is enormous, I think we'll get roughly £80 million for TV revenue alone this season. It was reported in May last year, our wage bill when we went down in our previous PL campaign was £78 million. I believe it's lower now, not my much mind but a lot of our players earning mega bucks have either left or have their contract coming to an end. The point I'm trying to make is, TV revenue should pay for the wages of a good, solid, mid table PL team who are always finishing around 8-10th. Realistically, you should have change from that £80 million too!

I'm not sure on how much you get for finishing position this season but last season for an 8th place finish you got £15.6 million, 9th was £14.4 million and 10th was £13.2 million.

You also get paid £750k per live TV game. The minimum amount of times every club was in a live TV game was 10 a few seasons ago, I'm not sure if that's still the case. If it's still the same, there is another £7.5 million.

So with a 10th place finish and the minimum amount of live TV games, we have another £20 million, coming into the club.

Under FFP rules for the PL, you're allowed to lose £105 million over 3 seasons, effectively £35 million a season. Let's say we're border line on the losses, that would be £55 million available and not breaking FFP rules.

We then have match day revenue which must be around £10 million for the season. We then have all other income streams.

Obviously, we have non playing staff to pay but as shown above with the amount of money coming into football clubs nowadays, it should be very easy to have a competitive squad, improve it every season by having a very decent transfer budget and still be comfortably complying with FFP rules.

It's vital we stay up this season and within a few years, the club could easily been running at a profit per season.

Stay up, turn the club upside down off the field and account every person's job. Do we need so many office staff, for example? Every penny saved off the field, can improve the squad. I'm not saying sack everyone but it's a business, run it like one, every penny should be accountable and if that means having one less cleaner, or one less box office staff member then so be it.

The incoming money is staggering and all this nonsense about needing a 40,000 seater stadium to compete is nonsense. Will it help? Of course it does but a club can easily comply with FFP and even run a profit while comfortably being a PL team with a lower capacity stadium.

Swansea get 20,000 every week and charge far less than we do, have a decent transfer budget every season and improve their squad and run at a profit. They posted a profit of £15.3 million in accounts published 2013 and £21 million in 2014. They got promoted the same time as we did!

Comment

More PR and Spin. What is so exclusive about this interview? What did he actually say other than harry is staying (which has already been announced), the air asia thing (to tug on the heart strings) and then a bit of flattery by by saying how QPR fans are intelligent, smart and fair. I make that some textbook PR

Comment

Bloke needs a good shoeing.

Flavio and Bernie are saints compared to this utter turd of a chairman

Comment

Working...
                              X