How much is Charlie Austin worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is Charlie Austin worth?

With some of the daft figures being banded around for average/unproven players in this transfer window, just how much is our Charlie-boy really worth?

On a long term contract he's got to be worth the chunky end of 20 mill being an English goalscorer of a decent age . At present we'd be lucky to break double figures as if he was to play silly Beggers our hand would be forced . Hope it doesn't come to that

Comment

I don't see him as one of those players, he plays because he enjoys it. Not many players like him in todays game.

Comment

Reckon around £12m if we go down and only 12 months left on his contract. If we stay up and he signs contract we can demand silly money.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          I don't see him as one of those players, he plays because he enjoys it. Not many players like him in todays game.
          Until his agent starts getting pestered by bigger clubs . He doesn't seem like that at all , maybe I'm so used to players being like that these days I'm sceptical . Hope your right

Comment

I wouldn't begrudge him moving on to be fair, clearly be upset but he's given everything.

Comment

Reckon we may see a desperate 'big' club stump up 25mill on deadline day.

Comment

I would say on the current contract, we are looking at 10million. That's based on one year left and to be honest it is still early days for the guy.

If he continues to score into next season in the prem and we extend the contract you are looking at 20m

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                  On a long term contract he's got to be worth the chunky end of 20 mill being an English goalscorer of a decent age . At present we'd be lucky to break double figures as if he was to play silly Beggers our hand would be forced . Hope it doesn't come to that
                  Correct

Comment

I would expect a few bids to come in before the window closes.
                    We will sell if the money is right as well.
                    Get relegated this season, down to Football League to get hit by huge fine and Charlie will be sold off for peanuts!!

If we stay up I think he will sign a new deal.

Comment

Worth £50 million or so to us as without him we are definitely going down.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                        I would expect a few bids to come in before the window closes.
                        We will sell if the money is right as well.
                        Get relegated this season, down to Football League to get hit by huge fine and Charlie will be sold off for peanuts!!

If we stay up I think he will sign a new deal.
                        If Charlie gets sold in January there will be uproar, not a chance of it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                          If Charlie gets sold in January there will be uproar, not a chance of it happening.
                          Exactly, were a forward short as it is
                          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                            Not saying he will be sold, but I can see a few bids coming in though.
                            3rd Top Scorer, 1 behind Aguero and the 2 strikers above him are playing for clubs in the Top 2.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                              Not saying he will be sold, but I can see a few bids coming in though.
                              3rd Top Scorer, 1 behind Aguero and the 2 strikers above him are playing for clubs in the Top 2.
                              Who's going to buy him though? Everyone knows if we're going to sell, it would have to be an enormous fee, something only the big boys can afford and none of them need a striker. Liverpool do but they haven't got the money. Be surprised if anyone even makes an offer to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                              X