Tony Fernandes: ‘Harry Redknapp is staying’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
    I think, Tim Sherwood is his man as the next mangager whatever the outcome of this season. Could be a cheap and wize move to be fair. I hope Sherwood is doing the best he can to improve his faults as a manager while waiting for his turn.
    Agreed. I think we underestimate the influence these Spurs boys have at the club. They're all getting a slice.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      From your comments I can only assume you are Harry's love child. How do you slurp your tea?

I have no issues with Harry as a person. Not met him but know people who have spent time with him and they say nice, genuine bloke.

Problem is he has been a very poor appointment for us. Completely failed to keep us up first time around, almost accidentally got us promoted last year after a year of dire football and we have been poor this season, in fact record breakingly bad with our away form and been humiliated in both Cups.

I think Caulker has potential but we didn't sign a bargain. With Mutch am open minded but again paid a lot for him. Fer I like but needs to be played in this proper position regularly for us to really judge. Again hardly a bargain. Sandro I like but no point signing someone if they are injured half the time, precisely the reason he came here as opposed to going somewhere better. Phillips was signed in the Championship but with half an eye on the Premiership.

You make it sound as if 'Arry has signed a crack squad for peanuts. He hasn't. We have a very unbalanced side of players we largely paid top whack for. The only bargain was Austin and we only got him as we couldn't get Hooper. 'Arry has always been good at spending money, he is the Arthur Daley or football.

As for Hughes I'm not here to defend him. Seems to be doing alright at Stoke though. When building a side not all about young, hungry players when starting from where he was. He tried to change things too quickly. On the face of it players like Bosingwa and Park good signings. Same really with Bobby and Nelson. However we ended up with too many players just coming off their peak on mega money and other side of coin hard working players on a fraction of the money. He did not think enough about the dressing room, just about building a squad that looked decent quality on paper.

Ironically we have to an extent the same issue with the current team as we had under Hughes, a very unbalanced squad. 'Arry has now had two years to get the building blocks in place. We have no back up at RB, look weak in centre of defence, short up front, despite having three senior wingers none deemed good enough. I think a decent manager would set the team up better.
      Totally Agree. Good post.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
      X