Our fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our fitness

How is this such an issue come mid January ? It's not just zarate or tarrabt if you watch us most of our lot are blowing out of their arses come 70 minutes . This has got to be hindering our survival chances . Unbelivable how the question hasn't been put to redknapp at these press conferences . Not good enough

Can only put it down to a lack of intensity in training and a lack of work ethic from the squad
    We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
      Can only put it down to a lack of intensity in training and a lack of work ethic from the squad
      It's basic stuff mate . Sheffield United were fitter than us . We've got a decent squad , quite why no one is asking why they can't even keep up a high tempo for 90 minutes is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
        It's basic stuff mate . Sheffield United were fitter than us . We've got a decent squad , quite why no one is asking why they can't even keep up a high tempo for 90 minutes is beyond me
        You do have a very valid point, what the answer is I don't know

Comment

I blame the pre season training, will take until May to get fully fit
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            You do have a very valid point, what the answer is I don't know
            Get them fit to last 90 minutes, this is why Man Utd we're doing so well. They'd fight till the final whistle under Sir Alex, the last 10 minutes is where we can win some games.

Comment

Probably doesn't help that our average age of the starting 11 on Saturday was over 30. Spose that could actually be considered quite Young for harry...
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I didn't see fitness, zamora aside, as an issue on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  It's been an issue all season . The majority of team are quicker , stronger and play at a higher tempo . They also don't look like they are going to collapse in the last 10 minutes . If we're gonna dig ourselves out of this hole we must improve in this area

Comment

It has been an issue since reknapp arrived, like all sports football has moved on and the better teams now incorporate a whole host of fitness techniques and tests to ensure they are in the best shape possible.

Are we using similar techniques or simply depending on out dated training methods that fail to prepare the team correctly, you decide!!!

Comment

My prsonal trainer, having watched us warm up against the Arsenal, said it was a joke. So old fashioned and next to useless. He said he would never have me do the routine our players were doing....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        My prsonal trainer, having watched us warm up against the Arsenal, said it was a joke. So old fashioned and next to useless. He said he would never have me do the routine our players were doing....
                        That's scary . Really is the absolute basics

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          It's been an issue all season . The majority of team are quicker , stronger and play at a higher tempo . They also don't look like they are going to collapse in the last 10 minutes . If we're gonna dig ourselves out of this hole we must improve in this area
                          I agree, but quite frankly this is far too late in the season to be addressing the issue.

This is one of the reasons many of us are angry with the performance of Redknapp and his coaches. What were they doing during pre and early season? Pochettino had double training sessions at this stage and look how many matches they have won late in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                            Fer looked dead on his feet after 20 minutes!

Comment

[QUOTE=rickyranger;1373270]It has been an issue since reknapp arrived, like all sports football has moved on and the better teams now incorporate a whole host of fitness techniques and tests to ensure they are in the best shape possible.

Are we using similar techniques or simply depending on out dated training methods that fail to prepare the team correctly, you decide!!![/QUOTE]

This and it is pathetic. He can't even using age as a big issue because LVG and Big Sam use more modern methods.

Comment

Working...
                              X