Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big time mentality is the root of our problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big time mentality is the root of our problem!

Yeah we have got to big time to quickly, one or two big signings like a Currie, McClintock, Webb, Wilkins, Reid, Falco, Wegerle, etc was the way we use to do things in the past but the rest where players we made like, Bowles, Parkes, Thomas, Bannister, Byrne, Mason, Givens, Parker, Maddix, Barker, Sinclair, Wicks, Fenick, Roader, Parker, Sinton, Ferdinand, Wilson, Bardsley, Seaman, peacock I could go on...... Players that came through the ranks like Clements, Gillard, Francis, Neil, Daws, Allen, Goddard, Gallen, Quasie, Langley, the two young lads that died, Sterling, some youngsters left to early like Parrett and OBrien the young keeper.

Sometimes the obvious needs to be stated, we need to stop looking at the big names and start developing young players again!

When you look through that list it becomes obvious where we have gone wrong, Gary Nevile was talking about the club not having a style of play, an identity, I think the true lost of our identity is our inability to find a Ferdinand, a Sinclair, or a Maddix when they are still out there but we have lacked the balls to take a chance on them!
    Kept the faith!

I agree with what you say and we should be looking at Southampton BUT these things take time to come to fruition and I believe we are looking to do this again going forward. The whole Youth situation got ignored for many years when we hit the hard times and unfortunately the Clements, Gillards and Francis's of this day are snapped up by the bigger teams before they have a chance to develope to first team duties, a sad indictment on today's football, money does the talking !

Comment

It will not happen until we establish state of the art training facilities and academy.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Should be living within our means.

18,000 stadium, small club. Hardcore of 12-13,000 yet buying World Cup 'stars' on fortunes & employing managers who demand massive sums over a contract to spend on players.

All wrong. Philosophy at the club needs to change rapidly.

It's not how much you spend on a player, it's buying the right ones & we've made a right pigs ear on that front.

I'd be happy for us to ditch the silly spending habits, buy young & hungry & have 2-3 seasons struggling during the transition. It's crazy the way we are operating.

Comment

It's not just about the youth policy, we have losted the ability to spot lower league players, players like Snodgrass, Delphi, Rhodes, Hooper, Gayle, Yannick B, Ashley Williams, Hart, again the list goes on. We only go after these types once they are estalbished at bigger clubs, to late!

We took a chance on one player from the Championship, and we got lucky because Hull changed there mind and Hooper turned us down!

Last season would we have taken a shot at Andre Gray now at Brentford? Callum Wilson, Bournemouth, Christie at Derby? No, we where looking at Defoe and a list of other world stars.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
            It's not just about the youth policy, we have losted the ability to spot lower league players, players like Snodgrass, Delphi, Rhodes, Hooper, Gayle, Yannick B, Ashley Williams, Hart, again the list goes on. We only go after these types once they are estalbished at bigger clubs, to late!

We took a chance on one player from the Championship, and we got lucky because Hull changed there mind and Hooper turned us down!

Last season would we have taken a shot at Andre Gray now at Brentford? Callum Wilson, Bournemouth, Christie at Derby? No, we where looking at Defoe and a list of other world stars.

Because the chairman is all about the razzmatazz. Giving it the biggun as we say.

Just fall back in line Tony & do things properly please.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              Should be living within our means.

18,000 stadium, small club. Hardcore of 12-13,000 yet buying World Cup 'stars' on fortunes & employing managers who demand massive sums over a contract to spend on players.

All wrong. Philosophy at the club needs to change rapidly.

It's not how much you spend on a player, it's buying the right ones & we've made a right pigs ear on that front.

I'd be happy for us to ditch the silly spending habits, buy young & hungry & have 2-3 seasons struggling during the transition. It's crazy the way we are operating.
              I'd be happy with the struggle through the transition but the whiney #####ing fans we seem to have acquired since the money wouldn't

Comment

Working...
              X