The great clear out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great clear out

Imagine you've got the job as manager. We've just been relegated and are facing sanctions from the FL but take our place in the championship.

You've been given the job as a young guv'nor whose smart with his tactics and unafraid to bring in younger players. You've been told there in a maximum of £500k to spend pending a clear out. Your brief is development and mid table stability - never mind what happens in court.....

So: who would you be desperate to retain? Realistically?

And who would have to make way?

Time is up for many of our players, I know whose hands I'd be shaking in the car park.

Personally, over the squad as a whole, I would be wanting to keep hold of (off the top of me head):

Green McCarthy Isla Nedum Caulker Yun Vargas Henry Phillips Fer Austin.

Obviously couldn't just get rid of the rest, but out of the rest I wouldn't be going out my way to keep any of em. All very replaceable and likely on a far lesser wage.

In terms of the OP's scenario; I would assume Isla & Vargas aren't signed on perms & will move on elsewhere, plus assume Austin has been snapped up (as he will if we go down). Would keep the following for the Championship with barely no money to replace players with:

Green McCarthy Nedum Caulker Dunne Yun Traore Phillips Henry Mutch (surely at that level he would do something!?) Fer (although likely be snapped up) Hoilett (strange I know but for that level he would do a job).
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Wouldn't it be cheaper for Tony to buy a team in Malaysia for example. Transfer all the players there and then get them back on loan. There are always ways around these problems, as Fulham and Manchester City (with Lampard) showed.

Comment

caulker,fer and austin wont stay. forget signing vargas and isla. tarrabt wouldnt be bothered. barton is another gonner. we will have yet another massive rebuilding episode.

i just hope whoever will be incharge will give elma, pattreso and sutherland a chance along with harrimann
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          Imagine you've got the job as manager. We've just been relegated and are facing sanctions from the FL but take our place in the championship.

You've been given the job as a young guv'nor whose smart with his tactics and unafraid to bring in younger players. You've been told there in a maximum of £500k to spend pending a clear out. Your brief is development and mid table stability - never mind what happens in court.....

So: who would you be desperate to retain? Realistically?

And who would have to make way?

Time is up for many of our players, I know whose hands I'd be shaking in the car park.
          ...yeah....young managers are the best because?...oh yeah they're young!!!
          Last edited by QPRDave; 18-01-2015, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Out

Redknapp, Jordan, Bond, Beard - Absolute no brainer. We need them off the pay roll asap, and a younger manager with fresh ideas on modern day management and a style of play akin to QPR. Fast attacking football, good to watch, exciting for the crowd and certainly NOT long ball style!

Green - Been excellent all season and would be sorry to see him go, but if we go down we cannot afford his 50k wages.
            Traore - Get rid asap. No heart or desire.
            Barton - Not been on his game the majority of this season, gives the ball away far too often and at this level that is a crime as you get punished. Also 80k wages makes him one of our high earners we cannot afford to keep in Championship.
            Ferdinand - Far too many mistakes. The worst signing of the season. Must get rid of him asap.
            Dunne - Has played well when brought in to replace Rio, but has his limitations and age is definitely not on his side.
            SWP - Read description for Traore.
            Isla - He and Green have been the best players for us this season. Unfortunately, if we go down we won't be able to make him a permanent signing as the fee is too high.
            Mutch - What has happened to him? He has been awful all season. I know some may say he's had his injuries, but when he's been brought in to do a job, he is non existent. Hides for large parts of games. Another disappointing signing.
            Krancjar - In his day a great player. Those days are well and truly behind him now. Passenger in the squad at the moment.
            Vargas - Would love to see him play up front with Charlie and given a run of games there, but like Isla, we simply can't afford his fee or wages if we go down.
            Zamora - We all love Bobby for the Wembley winner, and he will always have a special place in our hearts and will remain a hero to us. However, if he were a horse, the owner would do the humane thing and put him down. He offers us very little now. We now play a long ball style with him in the side, which is so negative and NOT the QPR way. We must get back to playing football, into feet, and on the deck. That I'm sorry to say, must be without Bobby in the side.
            Sandro - On his day a great player, but those days are just too few and far between. Another on high wages, but we cannot afford players on big money being on the treatment table the majority of his career.
            Zarate - Not seen enough of him, and I expect for him to sign Wet Spam would want a large fee for him. Again something we should avoid.
            Murphy - No need for a reserve keeper like him. He's not made any in roads into forcing his way forwaed from his 3rd choice status. We need to be looking at bringing one of the young keepers through,

Which I think leaves us with a basic squad of :

Mcarthy
            Caulker
            Philips
            Austin
            Hill (Player / Coach role with Ainsworth or Derry?)
            Fer
            Yun
            Onuoha
            Faurlin
            Henry
            Hoillett
            Taarabt

And try and bring the young talent like Harriman, Petrasso, Donaldson, Sutherland, Ehmer, Sendles-White, Furlong, Andrade, Doughty etc we have through the first team ranks.

Plus hopefully bring in maybe a few up and coming, promising youngsters from the top Premiership sides who want to show that hunger and desire to do well.

I know it's a bit brutal, but our survival is the most important thing in all of this. To do this we must completely re-build and invest our future in the youngsters at the club. We cannot sustain being a presence in the higher echelons of league status with ageing players whose careers are on the wain, and just remain at the club to pick up their overly inflated salaries, but not putting in the effort for our beloved club. We need players who will play with their heart and actually WANT to play for QPR, play for the badge, and show some pride in wearing the Superhoops!

Come on You R'rs!!!!

Comment

Eddie Howe on a 5yr LT contract with a brief of getting us up within two seasons and then to target staying up and mid table for the next couple of seasons and anything else is a Brucie bonus......

Any sort of cup run would leave us all in a state of shock but most welcomed....

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                Out

Redknapp, Jordan, Bond, Beard - Absolute no brainer. We need them off the pay roll asap, and a younger manager with fresh ideas on modern day management and a style of play akin to QPR. Fast attacking football, good to watch, exciting for the crowd and certainly NOT long ball style!

Green - Been excellent all season and would be sorry to see him go, but if we go down we cannot afford his 50k wages.
                Traore - Get rid asap. No heart or desire.
                Barton - Not been on his game the majority of this season, gives the ball away far too often and at this level that is a crime as you get punished. Also 80k wages makes him one of our high earners we cannot afford to keep in Championship.
                Ferdinand - Far too many mistakes. The worst signing of the season. Must get rid of him asap.
                Dunne - Has played well when brought in to replace Rio, but has his limitations and age is definitely not on his side.
                SWP - Read description for Traore.
                Isla - He and Green have been the best players for us this season. Unfortunately, if we go down we won't be able to make him a permanent signing as the fee is too high.
                Mutch - What has happened to him? He has been awful all season. I know some may say he's had his injuries, but when he's been brought in to do a job, he is non existent. Hides for large parts of games. Another disappointing signing.
                Krancjar - In his day a great player. Those days are well and truly behind him now. Passenger in the squad at the moment.
                Vargas - Would love to see him play up front with Charlie and given a run of games there, but like Isla, we simply can't afford his fee or wages if we go down.
                Zamora - We all love Bobby for the Wembley winner, and he will always have a special place in our hearts and will remain a hero to us. However, if he were a horse, the owner would do the humane thing and put him down. He offers us very little now. We now play a long ball style with him in the side, which is so negative and NOT the QPR way. We must get back to playing football, into feet, and on the deck. That I'm sorry to say, must be without Bobby in the side.
                Sandro - On his day a great player, but those days are just too few and far between. Another on high wages, but we cannot afford players on big money being on the treatment table the majority of his career.
                Zarate - Not seen enough of him, and I expect for him to sign Wet Spam would want a large fee for him. Again something we should avoid.
                Murphy - No need for a reserve keeper like him. He's not made any in roads into forcing his way forwaed from his 3rd choice status. We need to be looking at bringing one of the young keepers through,

Which I think leaves us with a basic squad of :

Mcarthy
                Caulker
                Philips
                Austin
                Hill (Player / Coach role with Ainsworth or Derry?)
                Fer
                Yun
                Onuoha
                Faurlin
                Henry
                Hoillett
                Taarabt

And try and bring the young talent like Harriman, Petrasso, Donaldson, Sutherland, Ehmer, Sendles-White, Furlong, Andrade, Doughty etc we have through the first team ranks.

Plus hopefully bring in maybe a few up and coming, promising youngsters from the top Premiership sides who want to show that hunger and desire to do well.

I know it's a bit brutal, but our survival is the most important thing in all of this. To do this we must completely re-build and invest our future in the youngsters at the club. We cannot sustain being a presence in the higher echelons of league status with ageing players whose careers are on the wain, and just remain at the club to pick up their overly inflated salaries, but not putting in the effort for our beloved club. We need players who will play with their heart and actually WANT to play for QPR, play for the badge, and show some pride in wearing the Superhoops!

Come on You R'rs!!!!
                Think you are a bit optimistic regarding how many we could keep, Do you really think Austin, Caulker and Fer would stay? Or McCarthy for that matter? And Taarabt the big AC Milan star playing Championship football? Your having a laugh...
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                  Think you are a bit optimistic regarding how many we could keep, Do you really think Austin, Caulker and Fer would stay? Or McCarthy for that matter? And Taarabt the big AC Milan star playing Championship football? Your having a laugh...
                  Depends what their contracts' say. Austin has another year on his contract (and it certainly doesn't contain anything about relegation since we were in the Championship when he signed). Not sure Caulker and Fer would want to move again having already moved to us from teams that were relegated. McCarthy would probably stay if promised first team football.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                    I only wanted to make my opinion known and the players I thought we SHOULD be looking to offload if we go down. Those players I have mentioned in keeping are obviously players I would LIKE to stay, doesn't neccesarily mean they will.

The players I've chosen to stay, just so happen to be the best players, have age on their side, will obviously be in demand and may also want to leave/stay in the Premier league etc, who knows? Unfortunately money talks these days, and very few players show loyalty to their club...unless ofcourse it means picking up huge, over inflated wages and not playing as opposed to actually playing some football, meaning possibly taking a pay cut.

Heaven forebid that! Footballers having the chance to play some football or sit on the bench/sit in the stands...hmmm? Tough one...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      caulker,fer and austin wont stay. forget signing vargas and isla. tarrabt wouldnt be bothered. barton is another gonner. we will have yet another massive rebuilding episode.

i just hope whoever will be incharge will give elma, pattreso and sutherland a chance along with harrimann
                      Nail on head mate!!!.... IF we get relegated everything in this post will happen (1st part) and should happen (2nd part)!!!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I don't get this Caulker biz surely Saturday must be making some start to think twice about him

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          ...yeah....young managers are the best because?...oh yeah they're young!!!

Young blood needed all round, we're too slow on and off the park.
                          Last edited by hal9thou; 20-01-2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X