Fer & Vargas are wasted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fer & Vargas are wasted

I don't know why Harry Redknapp thinks both Vargas and Fer are wingers because they're clearly not.
    Fer is so much better when he's playing in the middle because he can use both feet and he likes to switch the ball, so why Redknapp plays him on the wing is beyond me. As for Vargas, he's always been deadly when he plays between the oppositions two centre-backs. I'm sure he only saw him play a few games in the World Cup and decided he can be a winger.

Redknapp always tries to buy his way out of trouble and never bares in mind how a new player will complement the rest of the team. Why on earth has he brought in Zarate and then decides to play Taarabt?! What a waste of money! I know he's on loan but he's adding to our wage bill.

Redknapp is tactically inept and he still sets his team up like teams did in the 90s. Football has changed and we need to change our manager

Originally posted by sirles9 View Post
    I don't know why Harry Redknapp thinks both Vargas and Fer are wingers because they're clearly not.
    Fer is so much better when he's playing in the middle because he can use both feet and he likes to switch the ball, so why Redknapp plays him on the wing is beyond me. As for Vargas, he's always been deadly when he plays between the oppositions two centre-backs. I'm sure he only saw him play a few games in the World Cup and decided he can be a winger.

Redknapp always tries to buy his way out of trouble and never bares in mind how a new player will complement the rest of the team. Why on earth has he brought in Zarate and then decides to play Taarabt?! What a waste of money! I know he's on loan but he's adding to our wage bill.

Redknapp is tactically inept and he still sets his team up like teams did in the 90s. Football has changed and we need to change our manager
    Think he's trying to shift Taarabt.

Comment

Why is he worried about Adel, he's gone at the end of the season anyway. All he has to do is play the best side and stay up, it really is that easy.

Comment

rednapp has tried players in position out of position , he has no clue what his best 11 is . he'll continue chopping and changing til the end of the season . we need to clear the decks now . rednapp , jordan ,bond , ferdinand and hoddle get shot of the lot

Comment

He plays Fer on the wing because he hasn't got the bottle to drop Barton. Out of all the so called talent we have Karl Henry is the best CM we have. Has to be him and Fer staring in the middle. He starts Vargas on the wing because of his pace, he should play upfront with Austin. He would be more effective up there. We have to play Hoilett and Phillips, I know they aren't brilliant but there all we have... Unless 'Arry wants to give youth a chance...
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Im not sure how many of you would agree with me, but when vargas was on the break v Man Utd during the 3v2 counter attack, I feel the pressure to pass to Zamora/Austin resulted in no end product. And this I believe is a cause of redknapp playing him on the wing, making him feel as though it is a must to pass to austin... i bet if he was playing for chile upfront he would have went for goal

Comment

Originally posted by sirles9 View Post

I don't think you have ever really seen Vargas before the world cup, but his most successful period in football came during his time at gremio and Valencia, both periods he played as a right winger. He failed at Napoli as a striker. As for fer, we would have to play hoilett at left mid and I would rather stick with what we have than have no end product
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
              X