Brilliant Piece By Gary Neville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geng View Post
    I don't think it's the formation so much as the mindset and the preparation.

I'm very happy to play one proper forward up front if it means Adel at no10 and two proper wide runners either side of him (Vargas + 1 other).

Now that Zamora is in such awful form / is injured / has been found out (again) there's no justification for making 442 the only option. Arsenal, Southampton, Chelsea all play with one proper striker and you wouldn't say any of them are defensive sides.
    No, but they all have immense pace in their side. You can afford to go one up top when you've got pacey midfielders that can support.

Comment

I don't think it's the formation so much as the mindset and the preparation.

I'm very happy to play one proper forward up front if it means Adel at no10 and two proper wide runners either side of him (Vargas + 1 other).

Now that Zamora is in such awful form / is injured / has been found out (again) there's no justification for making 442 the only option. Arsenal, Southampton, Chelsea all play with one proper striker and you wouldn't say any of them are defensive sides.
      Spot on Geng, 4231 is the way forward. It's screaming out to be used with the players we have too.

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
        No, but they all have immense pace in their side. You can afford to go one up top when you've got pacey midfielders that can support.
        Zarate and Vargas are hardly slow. Throw in the fact, they are all capable of rotating during the game and Isla and Yun are attacking full backs and it suits us down to the ground.

Comment

And I hope everyone on here who still thinks Tony Fernandes is god's gift to QPR read this closely. Neville shys away from criticising Redknapp as much as he ought to but the rest is very damning towards Fernandes. Who else is responsible for the total lack of identity, strategy or even basic planning?
          Any ideas on who would take us on if you got your wish and tony done one and sold us for a quid geng? I really cant see anybody bothering, so i really hope the message board and twitter haters dont drive him away.

Comment

Comment

Fantastic article.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
              X