Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant Piece By Gary Neville

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...11351492/.html

He has not had a dig at HR you notice, Jamie wouldn't be please.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Our poor away form stretches back much longer than 4 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        He has not had a dig at HR you notice, Jamie wouldn't be please.
        Maybe because Harry is a small part of the problem, which I've been saying for months yet people don't realise what a mess our club is behind the scenes!

Also he does have a dig at Harry by mentioning no tactics in away games and the strange selection of a player last week despite hammering him all season and the fact he's not the type you need in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          Maybe because Harry is a small part of the problem, which I've been saying for months yet people don't realise what a mess our club is behind the scenes!

Also he does have a dig at Harry by mentioning no tactics in away games and the strange selection of a player last week despite hammering him all season and the fact he's not the type you need in a fight.
          On the last bit, i agree with the point, but what should be asked is when Adel can play his first game all season, in a massive 6 pointer, when understandably not match fit and still be one of our best players on the day, why the hell hasnt the manager involved him before now?

Comment

K
            Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

I too am for HR, I believe he has brought in a young core of good players, he just needs to grow some and go for it!!!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              On the last bit, i agree with the point, but what should be asked is when Adel can play his first game all season, in a massive 6 pointer, when understandably not match fit and still be one of our best players on the day, why the hell hasnt the manager involved him before now?
              I agree but who knows Del? I don't think it's a coincidence that Adel is suddenly fit in January, where he can prove to the world he's fit and available. Not even 24 hours after the game and he's running his mouth off saying just that!

Comment

Gary Neville....now there's a man I'd like to have a go as head coach

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Gary Neville....now there's a man I'd like to have a go as head coach
                  A rare thing you and I completely agree on Dave!

Comment

And I hope everyone on here who still thinks Tony Fernandes is god's gift to QPR read this closely. Neville shys away from criticising Redknapp as much as he ought to but the rest is very damning towards Fernandes. Who else is responsible for the total lack of identity, strategy or even basic planning?

Comment

He is right about a lot of things in that article including perhaps playing 442 in away games.
                      They are not good enough to play a defensive game away from home.

QPR used to have a decent away record although nothing fantastic and even under Warnock in the Premiership they managed 3 away wins at Everton Wolves and Stoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                        And I hope everyone on here who still thinks Tony Fernandes is god's gift to QPR read this closely. Neville shys away from criticising Redknapp as much as he ought to but the rest is very damning towards Fernandes. Who else is responsible for the total lack of identity, strategy or even basic planning?

I agree that although his heart's in the right place Fernandes has not been a great chairman for QPR and still has a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                          A rare thing you and I completely agree on Dave!
                          Ah...... I knew you couldn't be all bad!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            I agree that although his heart's in the right place Fernandes has not been a great chairman for QPR and still has a lot to learn.
                            Neville doesn't even mention the fact that "total lack of identity, strategy or even basic planning" has cost us £177m of debt and counting (and that was only up until April 2013). Plus we only have about three players with decent sell-on value in the squad...

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              He is right about a lot of things in that article including perhaps playing 442 in away games.
                              They are not good enough to play a defensive game away from home.

QPR used to have a decent away record although nothing fantastic and even under Warnock in the Premiership they managed 3 away wins at Everton Wolves and Stoke.

I don't think it's the formation so much as the mindset and the preparation.

I'm very happy to play one proper forward up front if it means Adel at no10 and two proper wide runners either side of him (Vargas + 1 other).

Now that Zamora is in such awful form / is injured / has been found out (again) there's no justification for making 442 the only option. Arsenal, Southampton, Chelsea all play with one proper striker and you wouldn't say any of them are defensive sides.

Comment

Working...
                              X