Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callum McManaman and Matty Phillips swap deal blocked (Mail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callum McManaman and Matty Phillips swap deal blocked (Mail)

We've failed in a swap deal involving McManaman and Phillips according to the Daily Mail. The deal has failed because Matty Phillips doesn't want to drop down a division, he wants to fight for a first team place here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ce=twitterfeed
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

I said only yesterday McManaman would be perfect, Phillips is a clown!

Comment

dont need to give up on phillips yet. move hoilett, swp etc out first. Theres a good player in phillips and we've all seen it. Just needs some confidence and faith from his manager.

Same goes for Jordon Mutch.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Some encouragement from us too.

Comment

How long have we got?

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
            dont need to give up on phillips yet. move hoilett, swp etc out first. Theres a good player in phillips and we've all seen it. Just needs some confidence and faith from his manager.

The problem is SWP and Hoilett are both on north of £60k a week and no one can afford them. SWP has refused numerous loan moves the little #####!

Comment

Callum is pony. Burst onto the scene and rated on that alone. Average player no better then what we have

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Callum is pony. Burst onto the scene and rated on that alone. Average player no better then what we have
                I don't know, he has always done all right whenever I have seen him play for Wigan, is direct, scores a few and unlike our crew of wide men can actually cross a ball.

It all means nothing anyway as Phillips isn't interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                  The problem is SWP and Hoilett are both on north of £60k a week and no one can afford them. SWP has refused numerous loan moves the little #####!
                  Why don't we offer Junior and say pay the difference on salary, say 20k-30k or whatever it is.

Would definitely be worth it IMO.

Comment

Well thats ok then matty,dont worry that you aint got the ability to ever be a premiership player.
                    Just help little shaun with the cones and bibs,if it wont cause you to break sweat of course!!
                    Last edited by whitecityrangers74; 16-01-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Glad it's not just me that thinks this. Rather have Phillips tbh.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I still believe Phillips can become a good player at this level.

he needs a run of games, encouragement from the manager and coaching staff, as well as from the fans to build up his confidence. As for his crossing ability, this was fine last season unlike that of Hoilett or SWP when they played, and Austin scored a few goals from these.

Swap Hoilett for McManaman and as suggested pay part of his wages if that is what it takes.

However, in my opinion the far better option than all of these would be to try signing Mackay Steven from Dundee Utd for a meagre £250K.
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30799180

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                          dont need to give up on phillips yet. move hoilett, swp etc out first.Theres a good player in phillips and we've all seen it. Just needs some confidence and faith from his manager.

I can remember him having one good half for us, against his old club Blackpool last season. I honestly can't remember anything else of note that he's done.

Comment

Are you including Joey "Aristotle" Barton in that assessment?
                            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 16-01-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Amazing how people write a player off almost instantly. He was bang in form for us before his injury, and since then he hasn't had a regular run in the team.

Give the boy some bloody support, it's no surprise players don't perform for us when they're constantly criticised and boo'd!

Comment

Working...
                              X