So near yet so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So near yet so far

Just had lunch with a client for first time. An old boy, turns out minted and knows people in football. A Fulham supporter is very good friends with someone on Fulham board who is on their 'appointment committee.' That committee deals with managers and presumably other high up employees there. Apparently they spoke to Tony Pulis this season who told them thanks but no thanks he was going to QPR. Timing wise this would be before our upturn in home form this season so conceivably we could have been sounding out 'Arry replacements.

He had met Pulis shortly before this while on holiday and approached him and had a chat. He said Pulis very nice guy but had asked him all sorts of questions about Fulham when he learned of his connection. Was there with his assistant Dave Kemp. Think there was some international involving EIRE and they were there to watch. His assumption having then found out about Fulham approaching him was he was sounding him out about what he knew about the Fools.

I appreciate usual type of nonsense you have on here of someone hearing from hearing from someone else. No reason to doubt this guy, just very old fashioned bloke as opposed to wind up merchant, so believe he was saying what he knew and was genuine. How accurate the information he got I don't know but thought would pass on. If true may show that maybe 'Arry isn't as Teflon coated as some of us think and, if so, maybe some truth in most recent rumours?

So the rumour is we had talks with Pulis a few months ago when we were on a shocking run?

Comment

Ahhh right Tony the saviour Pulis.

Just like Mark Hughes was our saviour and then Harry was our saviour, I wonder who'll be next? Hopefully the Mittal's take full control of this circus then maybe we'll have a chance of stability!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        So the rumour is we had talks with Pulis a few months ago when we were on a shocking run?
        That is a good synopsis. Knew plenty of other people in football but that was only Rs related thing.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          That is a good synopsis. Knew plenty of other people in football but that was only Rs related thing.
          Hard to know what is substance and what is rumour as always.. but I would probably say that TF wants to stay loyal to HR, whilst the other directors and board members are growing frustrated

Comment

Agreed although the guy didn't know I was an Rs fan until after that story. We were talking football generally and Fulham as he supported them. Obviously doesn't matter as Pulis has now moved on but if true shows that whilst Tony no doubt loyal at heart he may do what has to be done when pushed which gives some hope.

Comment

What did TW have for lunch, by the way?

Comment

Tony didn't fancy given Harold a pay off IMO. He's a businessman, loyalty has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Agreed although the guy didn't know I was an Rs fan until after that story. We were talking football generally and Fulham as he supported them. Obviously doesn't matter as Pulis has now moved on but if true shows that whilst Tony no doubt loyal at heart he may do what has to be done when pushed which gives some hope.
                  I think TF is the one staying loyal.. I think other board members are starting if not already fed up. i.e. Amit, Ruben

Comment

+1
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Working...
                    X