Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Is Really Downbeat On Here! Have You Given Up On This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Is Really Downbeat On Here! Have You Given Up On This Season?

People are really on a downer after saturdays debacle and it looks like old harold redcrapp is on his way out the door. Have you given up this season and accepted we are down and out , or is there still a chance to stay up?
    Harold Redcrapp Has Sunk Us Already
    14.04%
    No A New Manager Can Save Us
    33.33%
    Harold Can Still Save Us If He Saves His Job Saturday
    38.60%
    Even A New Manager Will Not Stop Us Going Down Now,
    14.04%

What? Had we won and other results gone our way, we would have been 12th. As it stands, we are right in the middle of a pack of teams in the same situation as us. A win or a loss will send us up or down the table immediately. Its not ideal where we are, but certainly all to play for

Comment

We still have a good chance of staying up Imo, but it will have to be done the hard way.

Comment

We have a decent squad. If we get someone to come in able to motivate and play players in their proper positions, we'll be fine. Much better shape than two years ago, a little later in the season though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          What? Had we won and other results gone our way, we would have been 12th. As it stands, we are right in the middle of a pack of teams in the same situation as us. A win or a loss will send us up or down the table immediately. Its not ideal where we are, but certainly all to play for
          Ive given every possible option, so i don't know what you mean 'what'?
          We can all say 'had we won' after every away game, but we dont ever do we mate.
          Just have a read through the threads and you can see what people are feeling, talk of division two and how bad the manager and board have been. I just want to gauge an opinion and see if this forum thinks we can keep our premiership status. Which, lets be honest, with our all time record breaking run of away defeats is looking very unlikely.

Comment

Very depressing state of affairs Kevin.

After that great Championship winning season and the nail biting end of the following one, I really thought we had done the hard part. Then, one of our worst seasons ever. Getting back up was more than fortunate in the end, so it just makes me so angry to see us repeating the same old nonsense, all over again.

I think it's verging on criminal that we are where we are, given the resources made available to the manager. Even in his own mind, he must realise that.

Wish I could take it in my stride really, but it's hard.

Or should that be "Differcult" ?

Comment

I think we'll stay up regardless of whether Harry stays or leaves. All this talk of it's over is madness when we're 3 points from 12th.

It's a very important month though, two tough home games against two of the top four and three away games at Stoke, Sunderland and Hull.

I think a return of 6 points is a must from the above games. If we do, it will put us on 25 points with 12 games left. I think 37 points will be enough to survive, so we'd need to average a point a game for the last 12 games, something well within our reach with home games against big teams and derbies in which we generally raise our game.

Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham all throw in shockers away from home and the Spurs and Arsenal games will be under the lights which is always a better atmosphere. Also got the vermin from up the road and an indifferent Everton side who may be focusing on the Europa League to get into the Champions League as they've got no chance of qualifying domestically. Lastly Newcastle visit the bush and will already be on their holidays!

Away games start at Palace, where we have a decent record of late and they struggle against the lower teams at home, can definitely get something their, followed by trips to WBA and Villa, who both struggle enormously at home. Liverpool and City are next up. City will be going for the title and I don't expect anything but Liverpool could provide an upset and a long overdue result at Anfield. I doubt they'll have anything to play for and they've struggled this season but realistically we'll be leaving empty handed. Finally last game of the season and boy could this be a big one....Leicester! I hope they're down and we're safe, if not then I hope they're down and we need a point and I'll even be a little confident if they're down and we need to win. As long as Leicester are relegated or safe by then I'll be happy, just can't handle it being do or die!

Comment

I'm so over Harry. He needs to go. That said, I think we could still stay up even if he stays. I'm not sure that the odds would be better with another manager but they might be. The key for me is to start building for the future.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

The whole Redknapp tenure has been torture,total rubbish on the pitch with a negative playing style.
                  A man who thinks rangers are beneath him,Same old tired excuse rolled out every week.
                  Is it too much to ask for a passionate manager who wants to be here,Who could possibly coach the players to become better and maybe increase their value.
                  And someone who portrays the club in a positive light and gives hope to us long suffering fans.
                  If this happens it will restore my faith and hope.
                  But jesus im hoping that rumour is true,And saturday will see the end for Harry and his jobs for the boys ethos.

Comment

I voted new manager will save us. Of course Harry can save us too,but somehow i have this feeling that his time is up and we need someone who can and will save our season. Of course new manager doesn't guarantee safety,but at least it must be a wake up call to the players and maybe just maybe new manager change our approach at away games where we have been mostly very passive and negative. Lets see what happens,but season is far from over and we have every change to survive,but some kind reaction from board/management gotta happen

Comment

If were honest the Rednapp appointment has been an absolute disaster from start to the current period. Yes we got the right end result at the end of last season but it was painful and made harder because of him not saying last season should have been easy but with the resources he was given and backing we should not have limped over the line.

He has not learnt his lesson from last season more or less one striker all last season in Austin which nearly had dire consequences when he got injured and this season we go into it again with one striker and Bobby, who does his best at what he offers but he don't get goals, but Harry moans I have not got any strikers. well you chose the squad you put it together so don't moan

We have not even been entertained during his tenure at the club hes known for attacking football well that has been in scarce supply. For me it looks like football the last 4 or 5 years has taken giant leaps forward and Harry has been unable to keep up and has been left behind. He cant change games when you can clearly see its going wrong. Were going in one direction if he remains

Could we beat Utd yes it could happen but we will go to Stoke the following week and get smashed apart like we do every away game our away efforts are not going to improve under him so those that still cling to blind hope it will its time to wake up Burnley proved that

Comment

All this talk of '3 points from 12th'

Yea that's likely. Need to win (unlikely) & every other team above us lose (unlikely)

Pie in the sky mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                          All this talk of '3 points from 12th'

Yea that's likely. Need to win (unlikely) & every other team above us lose (unlikely)

Pie in the sky mentality.
                          spot on jim
                          just covering over the almighty cracks!

Comment

I'm usually really optimistic, but that Burnley game was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

With Redknapp in charge, I think we are goners I really do. Looking at the bottom of the league, Leicester & Burnley are on the up, WBA & Palace have appointed decent gaffers, which leaves us Villa & Hull on the downwards.

We don't even look like winning games, the effort against Burnley was a joke, and we are likely to get beaten again on Saturday, before a trip to Stoke which (and we all know our away record!) and then it's Southampton at home who are flying. Going through this little run of games with Redknapp in charge I really doubt we will get a single point & are in danger of being cut adrift.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
                              spot on jim
                              just covering over the almighty cracks!
                              People need to get real.

Look at the table, our points return, our upcoming games, the divide between manager / players / fans

We ain't going 12th!!

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              I'm usually really optimistic, but that Burnley game was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

With Redknapp in charge, I think we are goners I really do. Looking at the bottom of the league, Leicester & Burnley are on the up, WBA & Palace have appointed decent gaffers, which leaves us Villa & Hull on the downwards.

We don't even look like winning games, the effort against Burnley was a joke, and we are likely to get beaten again on Saturday, before a trip to Stoke which (and we all know our away record!) and then it's Southampton at home who are flying. Going through this little run of games with Redknapp in charge I really doubt we will get a single point & are in danger of being cut adrift.
                              Repeated what I said prior to Burnley Matty can't see us getting 1 point from the next 4 games (Burnley included)

Comment

Working...
                              X