Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Is Really Downbeat On Here! Have You Given Up On This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People need to remember what it means to be 3 points from 12th. You lot seem to think we are looking at 12th as a viable place to be but what the optimists are actually thinking is that we are just very much still in the pack. We haven't been separated from anything and there is still every chance of survival. It is impossible for us to be 12th by the end of this weekend btw, unless we manage a 10 goal sway with everton given we are playing United. I think that it is important to note that as long as we stay in the race, there is every chance of us staying up and it won't be too difficult to do so with only 3 points separating us from a lot of other teams.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      People need to remember what it means to be 3 points from 12th. You lot seem to think we are looking at 12th as a viable place to be but what the optimists are actually thinking is that we are just very much still in the pack. We haven't been separated from anything and there is still every chance of survival. It is impossible for us to be 12th by the end of this weekend btw, unless we manage a 10 goal sway with everton given we are playing United. I think that it is important to note that as long as we stay in the race, there is every chance of us staying up and it won't be too difficult to do so with only 3 points separating us from a lot of other teams.
      Fair points Nasser but as mentioned by Matty, other teams hitting some form & scoring goals, we are on the decline, 11 away defeats, 1 goal at home in 3 games & no wins & potential good managers snapped up. It's not reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
        Fair points Nasser but as mentioned by Matty, other teams hitting some form & scoring goals, we are on the decline, 11 away defeats, 1 goal at home in 3 games & no wins & potential good managers snapped up. It's not reality.
        Thats 1 goal in 3 home games including the Sheffield Debacle right? Because in the league we scored 3 against west brom and 1 against swansea. Plus the teams around us are in no better form than us. Here is the 3 point gap team's points total in their last 6 matches:

Everton: 4 points, 6 goals, 11 conceded
        Aston Villa: 3 points, 1 goal, 4 conceded
        West Brom: 7 points, 6 goals, 9 conceded
        Crystal Palace: 6 points, 4 goals, 8 conceded
        Sunderland: 5 points, 5 goals, 8 conceded
        Burnley: 8 points, 9 goals, 9 conceded
        Hull: 6 points 5 goals, 6 conceded
        Queens Park Rangers: 5 points 7 goals, 10 conceded
        Leicester: 7 points 5 goals, 7 conceded

There really isn't too much difference between the form of these teams so I can really see us moving slowly up the table over time, most likely ahead of Villa, Hull, Leicester and from the look of it, maybe even everton and Burnley.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Harry's had enough fvcking time to get it right.. he doesn't deserve the chance to attempt to save us again.. Nor will he anyway!

Comment

Thats 1 goal in 3 home games including the Sheffield Debacle right? Because in the league we scored 3 against west brom and 1 against swansea. Plus the teams around us are in no better form than us. Here is the 3 point gap team's points total in their last 6 matches:

There really isn't too much difference between the form of these teams so I can really see us moving slowly up the table over time, most likely ahead of Villa, Hull, Leicester and from the look of it, maybe even everton and Burnley.
            As I say. Our home form has dipped in the last couple of games. Away points still 0 & harder run coming than we've had in a while.

It's that simple for me.

Comment

If bony hadn't scored that late late goal I would have hope
              R's

Comment

I still retain some hope that our club ceases being a laughing stock, but just a smidgen.
                If we get nothing from the next two games, that will see me throw the towel in, and finally stop clinging for dear life to the skirts of Madame forlorn hope.

Comment

We'll be ok, there's plenty of games left.
                  Leicester were dead and buried 3 games ago.
                  Burnley were written off by everyone until their revival 7 or 8 games ago.
                  Things can change very quickly. The challenge of playing the 'better' teams at home will energise the players.
                  I certainly haven't given up hope.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    If were honest the Rednapp appointment has been an absolute disaster from start to the current period. Yes we got the right end result at the end of last season but it was painful and made harder because of him not saying last season should have been easy but with the resources he was given and backing we should not have limped over the line.

He has not learnt his lesson from last season more or less one striker all last season in Austin which nearly had dire consequences when he got injured and this season we go into it again with one striker and Bobby, who does his best at what he offers but he don't get goals, but Harry moans I have not got any strikers. well you chose the squad you put it together so don't moan

We have not even been entertained during his tenure at the club hes known for attacking football well that has been in scarce supply. For me it looks like football the last 4 or 5 years has taken giant leaps forward and Harry has been unable to keep up and has been left behind. He cant change games when you can clearly see its going wrong. Were going in one direction if he remains

Could we beat Utd yes it could happen but we will go to Stoke the following week and get smashed apart like we do every away game our away efforts are not going to improve under him so those that still cling to blind hope it will its time to wake up Burnley proved that
                    Totally agree. Never really convinced by him prior to appointment but hoped he would do business. After a promising start he ended up making us worse in our relegation year. Was quite shocking and should have gone then. I was 50/50 on letting Hughes go. His downfall, which he himself admits, was that disastrous summer transfer window. Hughes came across as a progressive and organized manager and had an actual plan which he was trying to implement. Went shape of pear but do wonder if we would have been better off gritting our teeth and staying with him. Ole Bagpuss has no plan, no strategy and has the appearance of someone who is sleepwalking in the role. Should retire to the golf course. No wonder he can't seem to get the best out of the players.

All this rubbish of being 3 points off 12th place. Sorry but the first half of our home games were relatively gentle. To be fair we have largely clawed out points but without being impressive lot of the time. The second half of our home games are tougher. 10 away games 10 defeats. Record breakingly bad. Humiliated in both cups by lower league opposition. Has been a crap season.

I do think we can survive but as 'Arry himself would say it will be differcult. Slurp. I would rather we get rid of him and appoint someone else. No less chance of staying up with new manager than 'Arry and means we can move on from his tenure now rather than wait.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                      Things can change very quickly. The challenge of playing the 'better' teams at home will energise the players.

Agree with you to an extent but problem is we're on a decline at the worst time. Couple that with no incoming so far & maybe not at all & it spells trouble.

Comment

Ever considered a career in comedy?

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          Ever considered a career in comedy?
                          Actually I did, but I found being sarcastic, unnecessary and annoying didn't come as easily to me as it does to you.

Comment

Think we have a chance of being ok, even with Harry until the end of the season. We get Sherwood in and we might as well pack up and go home now.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                              Burnley and Lecicester have got all what we haven't..

A team, a talented manager and tactician, players that work hard and no their jobs... Oh... and away wins on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                Burnley and Lecicester have got all what we haven't..

A team, a talented manager and tactician, players that work hard and no their jobs... Oh... and away wins on the board.
                                Slow down a bit, you are making them sound like soton. They are both in the sh it with us and both very likely to go straight back down as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X