Matty Phillips Wanted By Wigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matty Phillips Wanted By Wigan

On loan. No deal for me unless we sign a couple of wingers. I suspect this could be a goer on deadline day though.

Spot on deadline day deal as you say.. No secret that HR wants to get rid of Hoilett and Phillips.

Comment

Yeah have some of that Wigan well run club loan for the rest of the season then have a good look at him close season

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Yeah have some of that Wigan well run club loan for the rest of the season then have a good look at him close season
        Not been run too well at the moment, 2nd bottom...small margins in that playoff semi...could have been us

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          Not been run too well at the moment, 2nd bottom...small margins in that playoff semi...could have been us
          Yes, one of the surprises of that league for me as I tipped them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            OOPS no I meant seems to be a genuine club with a top class owner

Comment

What a waste of cash this ones been. Seems a decent fella just hasn't stepped up at all.

Comment

ill drive him up there myself...and fook fat r,s hoilett for good measure!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  What a waste of cash this ones been. Seems a decent fella just hasn't stepped up at all.
                  Bar Austin have we improved any signing in the last few years ?
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Won't go there in case Whelan calls him a "sweaty" !!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                      yun, austin, isla, henry,

Comment

Give them him, David and Sean in exchange for McManaman. We get one winger they get none.

Comment

Go now FFS.... we could replace him with a bag of spuds and not have a detrimental effect to the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                            Dunne

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              To be fair, Harry hasn't given him a chance. The amount of games he changed when he come on last season before his injury was unreal yet Harry very rarely started him. I thought he was getting better and better before his injury. I thought he'd be an important player for us this season but every time he's played he's been absolutely awful.

I think it's a lack of confidence. Phillips arrived as a big signing and expected to heavily feature in the promotion push and then get his chance in the Premier League again. It's been the opposite and I don't think Harry rates him.

A loan move, providing we sign a winger or two is a good move all round and hopefully he can find his form and confidence again and return in pre-season as the player we originally bought. If Harry is still around though, I think the loan move would be to put him in the shop window.

Comment

Working...
                              X