M'vila again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    so why do they lack respect and not realise they have to work hard when they play for QPR. Isn't it down to the management and coaching staff to get this out of players? Can't imagine players doing that to the likes of Ferguson, Mourinho, Van Gaal & Pulis etc.
    Over the last few years we seem to target players who are on their way down rather than players on their way up. Not all but that does seem to be a criteria. We are a small club and that must be evident from the way the club is run and at the first day at training.
    Small club with a board attempting to turn them into a big club . Never happen.
    Last edited by vblockranger; 22-01-2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

so why do they lack respect and not realise they have to work hard when they play for QPR. Isn't it down to the management and coaching staff to get this out of players? Can't imagine players doing that to the likes of Ferguson, Mourinho, Van Gaal & Pulis etc.
      Because they sense a manager whose overall methods are out of date.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

So are you saying that our players, on the whole, have not made any effort this season!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Because they sense a manager whose overall methods are out of date.
          Bosingwa was terrible under Hughes as well, so are his methods out of date too?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            Bosingwa was terrible under Hughes as well, so are his methods out of date too?
            Exactly. Another player who looked down on us and our set up believing he was too big for the club. The money offered to him made him take a step down and this was reflective in his attitude and effort imo. We have had plenty of players like that over the last 3 years. Money too good to turn down but just not creating the right attitude in the player.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I think they come to the club looking down at it in the first place. But once again Stan, trying to Harry bash is wasted now, given that I am only really talking about the Hughes era. They catered to the players needs as opposed to the club's needs and so you are right, but not about harry, which is what I assume you are trying to get at given previous posts etc. Also, to question your other points, Van Gaal manages top teams with huge histories, as did Ferguson and Mourinho only manages the best. Pulis is not really someone to consider because he doesn't make these sorts of signings, but I'm sure someone will come back and say something like 'then why do we need to make these big signings?' and the true answer is because we could, back with hughes in charge, we could afford to bring in these wastes. Now though things seem different, we don't seem to be buying out of our range and players come in knowing what they have to do. This is a hard working bunch, be it for coach or club.
              You're right that Hughes was the main culprit in signing the wasters in 2012, but Redknapp seemingly did not do enough positively to improve their attitudes. He came in and within a few weeks was dismissing the squad as lacking quality and putting players down.

Bosingwa clearly had an attitude and Redknapp could have been a lot firmer in dealing with him instead of welcoming the player back into the team.

Comment

You're right that Hughes was the main culprit in signing the wasters in 2012, but Redknapp seemingly did not do enough positively to improve their attitudes. He came in and within a few weeks was dismissing the squad as lacking quality and putting players down.

Bosingwa clearly had an attitude and Redknapp could have been a lot firmer in dealing with him instead of welcoming the player back into the team.
                He was pretty firm in that he fined him 2 weeks wages almost immediately, he brought him back at the end in the hope of someone buying him after.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  So are you saying that our players, on the whole, have not made any effort this season!!
                  Not at all, however I do questions the methods used by the dinosaurs managing and coaching the players this season.

I don't think that the squad is not good enough although it lacks strength in depth. The problems effecting results are down to the coaching tactics and formations used.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    He was pretty firm in that he fined him 2 weeks wages almost immediately, he brought him back at the end in the hope of someone buying him after.
                    Yes, to the 1st part, but no to the 2nd.
                    Bosingwa's performances on his return were not good enough and he should have been dropped, but as I recall Redknapp started to praise him as if he had learnt his lesson.

Comment

His agent has confirmed we're the frontrunners and interestingly he wasn't even in the Inter squad tonight. Can see this one happening.
                      Swansea in front now though according to The Mirror.
                      Gonna use some of the Bony cash to sign him.

Might not want to join Swansea though as he seems the type that feels he should be playing for a Top European Club.
                      Could just use us on loan to get noticed by a big club if he performs.
                      Probably never heard of Swansea!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                        Swansea in front now though according to The Mirror.
                        Gonna use some of the Bony cash to sign him.

Might not want to join Swansea though as he seems the type that feels he should be playing for a Top European Club.
                        Could just use us on loan to get noticed by a big club if he performs.
                        Probably never heard of Swansea!!
                        I think Swansea are only after him on loan too. I agree that I don't think he'll be looking to sign permanently at either club so a loan move to show the world what he can do is good for everyone. I'm not sure who'd he choose as he'd have a few things to consider. London or Swansea for example, where would he get more first team football?

Comment

I think Swansea are only after him on loan too. I agree that I don't think he'll be looking to sign permanently at either club so a loan move to show the world what he can do is good for everyone. I'm not sure who'd he choose as he'd have a few things to consider. London or Swansea for example, where would he get more first team football?
                          I think it would come down more to where he wants to spend his nightlife at London or Swansea, as he is rumoured to love the high life.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                            I think it would come down more to where he wants to spend his nightlife at London or Swansea, as he is rumoured to love the high life.
                            Haha yeah! It's a big move for him now though. He was highly rated a few years ago, got his big money move to Russia which hasn't worked (as we all knew at the time), bombed out of Inter and wherever he goes this month, he needs to get his head down if he cares about his career. I think he'll be a brilliant signing on the basis of he needs to prove something.

Comment

Haha yeah! It's a big move for him now though. He was highly rated a few years ago, got his big money move to Russia which hasn't worked (as we all knew at the time), bombed out of Inter and wherever he goes this month, he needs to get his head down if he cares about his career. I think he'll be a brilliant signing on the basis of he needs to prove something.
                              He won't want to join us on a perm, but Remy got the move he wanted after a few months.

Comment

Working...
                              X