Incident at Turf Moor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Always the same players roled out Barton Austin Green and Hill sometimes nedum are we not allowed to hear from the others don't they have a voice
    Have you thought that some of the other players might not even be able to string two words together and we're getting the ones who can? Remember when Ravel Morrison joined on loan and he had to be coached through his interview by the media team as he could hardly speak?

Comment

I wouldn't personally, but if people want to have a go at players after the game they can do, each to their own.

What they have to accept though is that sometimes, someone might have a pop back. It can't be one rule for fans, one for players. Forget the fact they're paid to do a job, they're human beings. Comedians chuck people out of gigs all the time for over stepping the mark.

This is nothing compared to people who think it's perfectly acceptable to abuse people via social media.

It annoys me that players sticking up for themselves makes the top stories, but the guy who made sick and abusive comments towards Charlie Austin's daughter a few weeks back did not even get a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
        Not sure who emailed in to back up Clints version as there wasn't anyone else in earshot .......
        yeah exactly this. and why was the kid down there? because I had a great view of it, and the reason there were only to blokes down there within a few meters of Dunne and Hill was because from where our away lot were sat you had to run a full block to get down there by the advert hoardings.
        so thus, unclear why the tyke was down there.
        Rangers Til I Die
        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Absolutely agree. People think they have the right to disrespect for no reason. It is as you say, especially shocking that it was directed at Dunne - who has hardly done much wrong before yesterday - and hill - who needs no explanation. To make matters worse, they did it in front of their children? some people have no standards or level of respect. Booing and all is fine, it is a clear sign towards everyone. But directly confronting a player one to one is just out of order and gives both us and the players who reacted a bad image and only make the situation worse.
          as i said in another thread: these guys were the only ones on the squad that cared / had a bit of fire in their belly. i saw traore and barton both head down and walk straight by and into the tunnel. even if guys like those 2 dont care about the club or the fans, they didnt even care to sort out their teammates / hold them back.

dunne / hill care about the state of the club --> came over to reply to the 2 geezers --> geezer was already fuming, so took it out on anyone that was engaging him --> result is you have what looked like a 1 v 1 spat
          Rangers Til I Die
          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            In that situation and in that position I would be in as a player, I would ignore it. Not the right time for it at all.
            Very easy to say that in the cold light of day on a MB but totally unrealistic in a real life and highly charged at atmosphere, which you ignore. No matter how much theyre paid players are still only human, not machines. Fans are angry and giving it verbal, players are tired after a game, and angry at the defeat/performance, they've got fans laying into them etc. Its just unrealistic to expect passionate and committed players like Hill and Dunne to always keep a lid on their emotions. And they wouldn't be the type of players they are otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Very easy to say that in the cold light of day on a MB but totally unrealistic in a real life and highly charged at atmosphere, which you ignore. No matter how much theyre paid players are still only human, not machines. Fans are angry and giving it verbal, players are tired after a game, and angry at the defeat/performance, they've got fans laying into them etc. Its just unrealistic to expect passionate and committed players like Hill and Dunne to always keep a lid on their emotions. And they wouldn't be the type of players they are otherwise.
              Not at all unrealistic. These professionals are being paid a good wage to act professionally and rationally at all times.. Whilst I agree that emotions run high for reactions at the end of a big loss, they should be professional enough not to get in to a slanging match with a few fans who have spent a lot of money travelling the country watching them for no reward. And especially not a slanging match about a parent swearing in front of his child, which is totally irrelevant... Makes it all the more baffling to me... About the match, I would understand more but about swearing in front of a child??.. He may as well row with half of loftus road on a Saturday if this really gets his goat up!

Comment

Not at all unrealistic. These professionals are being paid a good wage to act professionally and rationally at all times.. Whilst I agree that emotions run high for reactions at the end of a big loss, they should be professional enough not to get in to a slanging match with a few fans who have spent a lot of money travelling the country watching them for no reward. And especially not a slanging match about a parent swearing in front of his child, which is totally irrelevant... Makes it all the more baffling to me... About the match, I would understand more but about swearing in front of a child??.. He may as well row with half of loftus road on a Saturday if this really gets his goat up!
                I totally disagree with you.

What youre saying is completely unrealistic, for the reasons given earlier.

Comment

I totally disagree with you.

What youre saying is completely unrealistic, for the reasons given earlier.
                  Its not 'unrealistic' at all Stanley. I'm not sure what you define as 'unrealistic' but the players have a duty to act professional, that's the bottom line and that is realistic to ask them to act professional whatever emotion.. arguing with an emotional fan who has spent 100s of pounds watching the team this season, over swearing in front of a child when the team has just put in its 10th dismal away defeat in a row is totally by the by.

I am trying to see it from your angle but in my opinion no professional footballer has anything to gain by going over after a record loss and arguing with two fans about swearing in front of a child... Its ridiculous. They should of ignored, walked on and commented it about it in an interview with the QPR media team.

Comment

Its not 'unrealistic' at all Stanley. I'm not sure what you define as 'unrealistic' but the players have a duty to act professional, that's the bottom line and that is realistic to ask them to act professional whatever emotion.
                    Of course I'm not in any way disputing that "the players have a duty to act professional". That goes without saying.

What I'm saying is that under those particular circumstances and given the players involved, there were very strong mitigating factors and their reaction (whilst obviously regrettable in the cold light of day), was therefore understandable.
                    Last edited by Stanley; 13-01-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Of course I'm not in any way disputing that "the players have a duty to act professional". That goes without saying.

What I'm saying is that under those particular circumstances and given the players involved, there were very strong mitigating factors and their reaction (whilst obviously regrettable in the cold light of day), was therefore understandable.
                      Exactly.

If we all acted 'professional' every second of every minute of every day then I think that's a tad unrealistic.

Players are normal people, not actors. It was emotions, it wasn't a big deal & hopefully we'll see a reaction from it.

Comment

Working...
                      X