No announcement yet.

Clear Out Needed come next season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to laugh last night when Joey said, we're conceding so many goals and losing away games because we're playing open, expansive football. We're lucky if we create two chances away from home!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Unfortunately yes... his a great shot stopper but still liable to flap too often for me. I also think we need to build and he shouldn't be in those future plans IMO
      I so agree with you West London, a keeper should boss the box and clear stuff out. Good shot stopper, seems to lack a bit of bottle at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        Green, Murphy, Ferdinand, Dunne, Hill, Diakite, Faurlin, Henry, SWP and Zamora are all out of contract in the summer. If we stay up, I'd offer Green and Faurlin (small basic, pay as you play bonus) a new contract and release the rest. If we go down, I'd release them all apart from Faurlin with the same restrictions as above and maybe agree a new deal with Henry, who I think has been one of our better performers. The reason for releasing Green if we go down would be giving McCarthy first team football in the Championship.

Players I'd look to sell regardless of what league we're in would be Traore, Barton, Hoilett and Taarabt. I'd actually be happy to keep Joey should we go down but his contract is huge and we may have no option but to keep him.

Players we'd have to sell due to financial reasons if we go down would be Caulker, Fer and Sandro. Also these players would have no interest in playing in the Championship along with Charlie Austin.

Regarding the loans (Isla, Vargas and Kranjcar), none will be here if we go down. Niko shouldn't be signed whatever league we're in, he's not good enough in my opinion. I don't think Vargas would fancy a permanent move but I think Isla would. The problem for me is, both the agreed fees are way to high. I think Isla would cost around £8m and Vargas around £8-10m. I wouldn't pay more than £5m for both to be honest.

So, here are my squads.

Premier League 2015/16

Green, McCarthy, Isla (lower fee), Caulker, Onuoha, Yun, Robinson, Faurlin, Sandro, Fer, Mutch, Phillips and Austin.

Championship 2015/16

McCarthy, Onuoha, Yun, Robinson, Faurlin, Henry, Mutch and Phillips.

I think the above just shows how poor our squad really is. This is why we have no option but to retain our PL status. The prospect of having a huge fine and probably a limited transfer embargo will absolutely ruin us. Yet some people think all will be rosy if we go down? The Football League will hammer us financially and also limit our squad numbers wise.

If we stay up, we have the base of a squad and a huge cash injection that the Premier League provides. We'll also have the chance to fight the fine from the Football League while being placed under no limitations. It's a no brainer and that's why I'm furious with the powers that be who aren't willing to try and bolster the squad with a couple of savvy transfers that will improve (not guarantee) our chances of survival.

Whatever happens, there is going to be massive changes in the summer. Absolutely shocking considering the turnover of players since TF bought the club. Realistically, come the summer we'll be in a mess financially whatever the league we're in and with a bare thread squad. The only good to come of it will be the income of being in the Premier League, if we manage to survive.

I'll always be grateful to the owners for pumping money into the club but change needs to happen, on and off the pitch. Off the pitch we have people running the club, who in my opinion are absolutely clueless. We can start by bringing in a Chief Executive who knows how to run a football club as I'm not sure what Phil Beard does? Also having a million coaches isn't the answer, I'm not sure what half of them do, nor do I think, they know! No wonder our wage bill is ridiculous with the amount of people of the payroll.

I could go on and on but rant over!
        Do stop knocking our owners Matty - Bulstrode, Chris Wright, Bernie and Flavio........so could be a lot worse than it is. We are skint with them, out of business without them.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
          Without green we would be sitting bottom
          We aren't far off that now

Comment

I think sadly that despite 'Arry's dealings we still don't look great whichever division we end up in.

We have no RB once Isla gone and striker wise just Austin. Doubt if Bobby will limp through another season although possibly bit part if relegated. On wing possibly Phillips in the Championship. Probably easier to list those worth keeping:

Green
            McCarthy
            Yun
            Ned (although needs to improve on recent outings)
            Caulker although not that convinced by him
            Fer
            Sandro if we can get him fit
            Mutch although see Caulker comment
            Henry
            Faurlin if he recovers
            Phillips
            Austin

Have to say that is riss poor whichever division and if we are relegated will likely lose some of them. Looking at that WTF has 'Arry been playing at? Talk about no forward planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              Do stop knocking our owners Matty - Bulstrode, Chris Wright, Bernie and Flavio........so could be a lot worse than it is. We are skint with them, out of business without them.
              Who made the mess? Anyone who thinks they've done a good job is insane! I'm not questioning their intent, as I said, I'll always be grateful for the money they've pumped in but these are meant to be brilliant business people!

They're on their third manager in 3 and a half years, soon to be fourth if the fans get their way. They've racked up 170 million of debt, yet have absolutely nothing to show for it and should relegation happen, could send the football club spiralling down the leagues.

Comment

Who is running the club now? Beard, amit or Ruben Gingganggooly?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                  Who made the mess? Anyone who thinks they've done a good job is insane! I'm not questioning their intent, as I said, I'll always be grateful for the money they've pumped in but these are meant to be brilliant business people!

They're on their third manager in 3 and a half years, soon to be fourth if the fans get their way. They've racked up 170 million of debt, yet have absolutely nothing to show for it and should relegation happen, could send the football club spiralling down the leagues.

Yeah, should have won the PL or at least the FA Cup by now...t*ssers !

I'm not quite sure what people expect us to have in return for the investment other than to be a PL club, which we are (for now).

Comment

Owners have made some terrible decisions. Not footballing people so appointed experienced, well respected managers and backed them. Awful people. No idea what they have been playing at.

Comment

From the comments posted, it seemed that we have already gave up on Premier status. I cannot for a minute understand how people with so much money can end up in such a crisis. I was happy when Tony started splashing the cash. At the time, I looked at Chelsea and Man City and said to myself: 'They did quite well by spending big, so why can't we?' However, there is an ocean between what we tried to do and what the big clubs did. We will also be a small club, irrespective of the quality of the players we bring. The problem in this case will be that 'big names' feels they are bigger then the club and will NEVER give their best. They take the money, that's for sure, but they will NEVER give their best. I said last season when we were fighting for promotion, that Harry was not building a team, he was just trying (which he did) to win promotion. Good teams, especially small ones like us, will have to be build sensibly and depending on young players. Last season we had Green, Dunne, Hill, Neil, Krancjar, Barton, Zamora, Jenas, Long, Henry, SWP, Ekotto.......all in their thirties, not to mention six or seven on loans! Is that like building a team?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Yeah, should have won the PL or at least the FA Cup by now...t*ssers !

I'm not quite sure what people expect us to have in return for the investment other than to be a PL club, which we are (for now).
                        I couldn't give a toss about winning trophies. After building up debts of £170m, the least I'd expect is a decent competitive squad, yet we have nothing of the sort!

I bet our non playing staff wages are staggering but 3 and a half years on, what's improved?

Comment

We've been saying exactly this for about 4 years now.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                          X