Same old same old - according to ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old same old - according to ESPN

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-fc...e-his-excuses?

Spot on

Comment

Pretty fair analysis.

Was bad enough appointing him in the first place. And truly astonishing that he is still here.

Comment

This comment genuinely made me laugh. Too bad its true!

"Now the gameplan seems to be nothing more nuanced than hoy the ball in Zamora's general direction and hope his hip doesn't disintegrate in a cloud of dust, then rely on Austin to bang a few goals in."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post

"Now the gameplan seems to be nothing more nuanced than hoy the ball in Zamora's general direction and hope his hip doesn't disintegrate in a cloud of dust, then rely on Austin to bang a few goals in."

lmfao
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post

I think Harry should sue the journo for stealing his game plan notepad.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              I think Harry should sue the journo for stealing his game plan notepad.
              It's a pity that everyone can see through Harry's b/s apart from Tony who seems to have been suckered in by the droopy drawered football club assassin

Comment

rednapp would be down the road by now in any other job

Comment

I am so glad that someone other than me (unless someone else has already posted) noticed his excuse about 7 of the players who were in the Championship last season and Burnley finishing higher than QPR. Never mind that he had spent more than £35m in August and Burnley and Leicester spent far less.
                  He is full of excuses and comes up withtge same old "they are a good team, its difficult we only had 7 players in the summer, players weren't fit" mantra. Seriously, Redknapp is full of BS and the sooner he is out the better.
                  Even if QPR don't buy anyone else in January a new manager might just be able to keep them up by managing,coaching and motivating the players a lot better than they are at present.

Comment

Dyche has done very well with limited resources. Should never have been promoted with that squad and should be clear at bottom now. Fair play to Burnley. Exactly type of guy would love at Loftus Road.

Marked contrast with 'Arry. Article spot on.

Comment

Fantastic article. Really hits on the key points.

"It is hard to win away," said manager Harry Redknapp after Queens Park Rangers' 2-1 defeat to Burnley, a result that made their return on the road in the Premier League this season a neat played 10, lost 10 -- a new Premier League record of consecutive defeats since the opening day. Hard it may well be, but you can understand the frustration of those angry QPR fans at Turf Moor on Saturday when the other 91 clubs in England's top four divisions have managed it at least once.

By any reasonable standard, Redknapp has done a bad job at QPR. He joined them in November 2012 when they were winless and bottom of the table, but he had 25 games and a transfer window (in which he bought Christopher Samba for 12.5 million pounds from Anzhi Makhachkala, in his view one of the top four defenders in the world at the time) to affect change, but he did not. Promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs last season was the absolute minimum QPR could've expected given the investment in an already strong squad at that level, and that was only just achieved. Now, they appear to be sleepwalking toward the drop again.

Aside from the apathy, it's the excuses that rankle as much as anything. If you just take this weekend's carping, Redknapp claimed that "it was hard" because QPR "only have two strikers," despite the presence of Zamora, Charlie Austin, Mauro Zarate and Eduardo Vargas in his squad, as well as the newly reintegrated and now apparently acceptably slimline Adel Taarabt.

Redknapp went on to whinge, "We are what we are. We finished below them last year and our team hasn't changed an awful lot." Of the 14 players involved at Turf Moor, five have been recruited since promotion, as opposed to two of the 12 that Burnley used. QPR spent (and due to the concept of the "undisclosed fee," this is probably a conservative estimate) around 40 million pounds on transfer fees in the summer, not counting wages for the likes of Vargas, Rio Ferdinand, Mauricio Isla and Niko Kranjcar, whereas Burnley shelled out around 10 million pounds, over a third of which was on George Boyd.
                      Last edited by dsqpr; 12-01-2015, 07:01 PM.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

It's always 'hard' or 'differcult' with 'Arry!

Comment

Harry rednapp is clueless
                          R's

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                            Fantastic article. Really hits on the key points.

"It is hard to win away," said manager Harry Redknapp after Queens Park Rangers' 2-1 defeat to Burnley, a result that made their return on the road in the Premier League this season a neat played 10, lost 10 -- a new Premier League record of consecutive defeats since the opening day. Hard it may well be, but you can understand the frustration of those angry QPR fans at Turf Moor on Saturday when the other 91 clubs in England's top four divisions have managed it at least once.

By any reasonable standard, Redknapp has done a bad job at QPR. He joined them in November 2012 when they were winless and bottom of the table, but he had 25 games and a transfer window (in which he bought Christopher Samba for 12.5 million pounds from Anzhi Makhachkala, in his view one of the top four defenders in the world at the time) to affect change, but he did not. Promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs last season was the absolute minimum QPR could've expected given the investment in an already strong squad at that level, and that was only just achieved. Now, they appear to be sleepwalking toward the drop again.

Aside from the apathy, it's the excuses that rankle as much as anything. If you just take this weekend's carping, Redknapp claimed that "it was hard" because QPR "only have two strikers," despite the presence of Zamora, Charlie Austin, Mauro Zarate and Eduardo Vargas in his squad, as well as the newly reintegrated and now apparently acceptably slimline Adel Taarabt.

Redknapp went on to whinge, "We are what we are. We finished below them last year and our team hasn't changed an awful lot." Of the 14 players involved at Turf Moor, five have been recruited since promotion, as opposed to two of the 12 that Burnley used. QPR spent (and due to the concept of the "undisclosed fee," this is probably a conservative estimate) around 40 million pounds on transfer fees in the summer, not counting wages for the likes of Vargas, Rio Ferdinand, Mauricio Isla and Niko Kranjcar, whereas Burnley shelled out around 10 million pounds, over a third of which was on George Boyd.
                            Bl00dy hell. Scarily accurate & highlights what a muppet he is.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                            X