Am I the only one embarrased by these 'fans'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twranger View Post
    It's a bit difficult to be rude and offensive on the word association and picture threads isn't it?
    Then, unless you can take a long, hard look at yourself and your behaviour, it's probably best you stick to those threads. Everyone will be happy. Free advice over.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Then, unless you can take a long, hard look at yourself and your behaviour, it's probably best you stick to those threads. Everyone will be happy. Free advice over.
      Sorry to be blunt, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I never take advice from anyone except my nearest and dearest, so it's unlikely I will heed any advice on how to conduct myself by some random bloke on a football forum. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        We are quickly turning what should be a 38 game season into a 19 game season based solely on home games because we are so abysmal away from the Bush. How does losing 11 games on the trot away from home demonstrate players fighting for the manager???
        Yesterday you said Chelsea was a battling performance?

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
          if what they are doing is fighting for there manager we are in it big time ,I was hoping from now on in ,thet MIGHT show a bit of fight
          If they weren't fighting, we wouldn't have beat Leicester or WBA.

Comment

I wasn't embarrassed by the fans yesterday, well apart from the silly hat, and if they want to shout abuse at the players that's up to them as long as they don't overstep the line. If you abuse someone you must be able to accept it back so have no issue with Dunne and Hill voicing there opinion. It's the same with boo'ing it's not something I have every done as I don't see how it helps but if that's how fans want to express there feeling they I won't stop them.

Frankly at the moment I don't see how our away form is going to change this season unless something at the club changes, Burnley are probably the worst team in the division and didn't really create much (I ignore the last 15 minutes as we overloaded the top end of the pitch). If we couldn't win here it's going to be difficult elsewhere.

Unlike 2 years ago I think a lot of these players have professional pride even if a number of them aren't good enough every week at this level. One of the joys of travelling FC is I got to talk to some of the players last night on the way home and could see the disappointment and hurt they felt at the result.

Just hope it's not as cold at Stoke and there is more than one train an hour home, why can't we play up north in August or May.

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
              Shouting abuse at our players straight after we lose 2-1 to a relegation rival??

Well I am. This behaviour gets you no where in life.... I don't understand why these 'fans' think that we should have more points than this so far? Forget that we are 19th. We are in a 8 team relegation scrap and we are 3 points off 12th...

If people think that this group of players don't give a monkeys for this club they need to remember our club 2 yrs ago with bosingwa and co...

One thing these players have got at the moment is a team spirit and fight for each other..

The reason we are struggling atm is because unfortunately we are being forced to play Clint hill, Richard Dunne, Karl Henry and Bobby zamora. Is this Harry's fault? In my eyes personally I don't think so because there is clearly not a lot of money available.. These four wasn't really good enough in the championship and I'm sorry guys and girls but they are 4 of the worst premier league players out there.

They might have desire, effort, hard tackles etc but you need more than that in this league.

0 points away from home or not. We are still in the mix with the 8 clubs and even the Harry haters deep down must know that there is not another manager available to sort us out short term.

Rant over.. Il get my tin hat lol
              I am more embarrassed about losing 11 games on the spin away from home than two blokes shouting at a few players. More farking #### taking at work again tomorrow.

The thing that narked me was the Redknapp and he just brushed it off in his interview, saying that "well they must have had the hump", as if it was not justified. At least if he'd have said that he understands the frustration and they will be working to change things it might make it a bit easier to take, but was too busy covering his a55 to bother with that.

Comment

Watch the 4 year plan again.....we have clearly not learned all of the lessons from those years. For instance a plan B would be nice.....both on and off the pitch!

And what about all the BIG plans for a new stadium and training ground.........nothing is even close to materialise - and the plans are clearly running out into the sand.

I guess it is like this when you are that rich and buy a football club it gets boring after a while and you do not want to keep investing when you get so little in return (11 away losses this season alone). So my bet is that TF are selling our club quite soon. I believe the transfer strategy in this window is quite evident of exactly that. We are simply continuing the strategy of Mr. Orange - get cheap loan players in and sell the whole thing. I hope I am wrong but I think something is not right at our club at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                  Yesterday you said Chelsea was a battling performance?
                  one away game!!! quite a poor showing out of 11 away games of which I have been unfortunate enough to witness nine of them. I thought yesterday may have weeded out the last of the delusional fans who cling to the hope the away form will magically change over night however I see a few remain.

Do you attend away games Matty??

Comment

If they weren't fighting, we wouldn't have beat Leicester or WBA.
                    Don't think to many people are questioning home efforts in fact reasonably satisfied that we give our all at home and think fans were out of order to boo at the end of the palace game as think we play under huge pressure at home given the away record however away from home is another question

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post
                      Watch the 4 year plan again.....we have clearly not learned all of the lessons from those years. For instance a plan B would be nice.....both on and off the pitch!

And what about all the BIG plans for a new stadium and training ground.........nothing is even close to materialise - and the plans are clearly running out into the sand.

I guess it is like this when you are that rich and buy a football club it gets boring after a while and you do not want to keep investing when you get so little in return (11 away losses this season alone). So my bet is that TF are selling our club quite soon. I believe the transfer strategy in this window is quite evident of exactly that. We are simply continuing the strategy of Mr. Orange - get cheap loan players in and sell the whole thing. I hope I am wrong but I think something is not right at our club at the moment.

Spot on. This is my take at it aswell.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                        Sorry to be blunt, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I never take advice from anyone except my nearest and dearest, so it's unlikely I will heed any advice on how to conduct myself by some random bloke on a football forum. Thanks anyway.
                        And that's your problem, pal. Have given you the benefit of the doubt many times, publicly and privately, but you really, really are a wrong un. If even one percent of the folk on here who think you're a bad egg thought that of me I'd be long out of here.

Comment

Or on the flip side they could have looked at situation and said every window we throw money at it and get SFA back so lets try another strategy

I personally don't think they trust Harry and therefore wont give him the money to waste (they should sack him but seem reluctant too) they have already withheld a contract extension from him. He is out of contract in 6months and will be off so if I was them I would be saying lets try and stay up at minimum cost and give the money this buffon will have wasted to the new manager

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            one away game!!! quite a poor showing out of 11 away games of which I have been unfortunate enough to witness nine of them. I thought yesterday may have weeded out the last of the delusional fans who cling to the hope the away form will magically change over night however I see a few remain.

Do you attend away games Matty??
                            Battled at Southampton, Newcastle, Swansea, Arsenal (late on) and yesterday. Granted, performances or tactics in the above games haven't been brilliant but lack of effort hasn't been in question for me. As for your away games question, yesterday was the first I missed and that was due to unforeseen circumstances in the morning as I actually had a ticket.

Comment

Battled at Southampton, Newcastle, Swansea, Arsenal (late on) and yesterday. Granted, performances or tactics in the above games haven't been brilliant but lack of effort hasn't been in question for me. As for your away games question, yesterday was the first I missed and that was due to unforeseen circumstances in the morning as I actually had a ticket.
                              Agree to disagree then Matty as we never showed up in any of the games above in my opinion. A match is 90mins turning it on for 10 or 15 mins of that time does not constitute battling. Im amazed your so forgiving of what you have seen away from home given the games you have attended your either very easily satisfied or are watching something entirely different to myself

Comment

Our away performances have been shocking down to harrys tactics. The best example of this was the arsenal game. It was a joke . No attacking intent at all. Our defence is not good enough to keep a clean sheet away so we should try and use home tactics . cant be any worse but i reckon arry is scared of half the prem opposition

Comment

Working...
                                X