Am I the only one embarrased by these 'fans'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
    I do not know whether foul language was used, which I disapprove of but these fans have more heart than the players and were supporters before the players came and will be when they are gone. Dunne is a veteran player and should have just walked away. These fans turn up to watch the team week in and week out and have the freedom of speech to show their frustrations. It is just a shame we do not see the players showing some guts. These players are making tens of thousand a week and cannot pass the ball.
    I too wonder if some industrial language was used....... But think the fella said something like 'Poor show, Mr Dunne. You fellas let yourselves down and you've let us fans down. I'm very disappointed'

Comment

Superhoops67.. Been to 3 of the 10 so not many no. Southampton , Tottenham and arsenal. Am a home season ticket holder as well though.

Rangers 77. No I wasnt. I returned from Egypt at 9pm last night. But tbh i wouldn't have gone

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
        Superhoops67.. Been to 3 of the 10 so not many no. Southampton , Tottenham and arsenal. Am a home season ticket holder as well though.

Rangers 77. No I wasnt. I returned from Egypt at 9pm last night. But tbh i wouldn't have gone
        so you think the players are above getting stick for such poor away performances then
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Agree partly with OP but to say it's not Harry's fault is ridiculous. He's been here for over 2 years and been backed by the board. He is the most to blame and should be sacked now. Useless chump.

Comment

The reason we are struggling atm is because unfortunately we are being forced to play Clint hill, Richard Dunne, Karl Henry and Bobby zamora. Is this Harry's fault? In my eyes personally I don't think so because there is clearly not a lot of money available.. These four wasn't really good enough in the championship and I'm sorry guys and girls but they are 4 of the worst premier league players out there.
            Not correct we have been losing away when we had all our players available early in the season

At the end of the day Harry put Hill and Dunne etc in HIS squad so he has no one but himself to blame

Comment

Dunno and Henry have been decent in my view. It's lack of ideas in team as a whole is problem and is totally Harry's fault

Comment

A lot of it is just down to frustration, although that doesn't make it right.

Wouldn't be having this discussion at all though if Redknapp had simply been put out to grass after Wembley.

Can't be far off being the most disliked manager we have ever had. And in comparison to the resources given to him compared to others, certainly one of the worst.

How anybody can defend him is totally beyond me. I heard him say that Burnley were "miles ahead" of us last season and therefore we shouldn't be surprised that they beat us. Whereas the actual facts of the matter are that we were clear of both Burnley and Leicester for a considerable time, spent goodness knows how much more over the summer on Caulker, Fer, Mutch & Sandro with no obvious benefit. We still have the worst defence in the league and no pace or much creativity in midfield. Our best player by far has rarely been given an opportunity due to the manager's inability to manage and we are fed the usual tripe about him being injured or unfit. He'd be more use than Mutch if he had one leg in plaster and a heavy dose of man flu.

Comment

P

You don't need to go to have an opinion, but you might think about cutting the poor saps who went to Burnley and lost their rag some slack. Particularly when Dunne abused them too. And especially not refer to them as fans in 'parenthesis'. I think that grossly insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    A lot of it is just down to frustration, although that doesn't make it right.

Wouldn't be having this discussion at all though if Redknapp had simply been put out to grass after Wembley.

Can't be far off being the most disliked manager we have ever had. And in comparison to the resources given to him compared to others, certainly one of the worst.

How anybody can defend him is totally beyond me. I heard him say that Burnley were "miles ahead" of us last season and therefore we shouldn't be surprised that they beat us. Whereas the actual facts of the matter are that we were clear of both Burnley and Leicester for a considerable time, spent goodness knows how much more over the summer on Caulker, Fer, Mutch & Sandro with no obvious benefit. We still have the worst defence in the league and no pace or much creativity in midfield. Our best player by far has rarely been given an opportunity due to the manager's inability to manage and we are fed the usual tripe about him being injured or unfit. He'd be more use than Mutch if he had one leg in plaster and a heavy dose of man flu.
                    You're clueless regarding the Adel situation. You may be correct but nobody knows for certain.

I did find his comments regarding Leicester and Burnley #### poor though and it doesn't wash with anyone.

I understand the dislike towards him but the question is who's better? There is no one available. Sherwood has 5 months experience for example. McClaren and Howe wouldn't leave their clubs.

At the end of the day, we're 3 points from 12th, something everyone would have taken in August but on the flip side, we're 19th, something no one would have taken.

It's a difficult situation for the owners. Is squad harmony good? Do they want to fight for Harry? Given our home results, I'd say yes. Personally I can't see Harry getting the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      You're clueless regarding the Adel situation. You may be correct but nobody knows for certain.

I did find his comments regarding Leicester and Burnley #### poor though and it doesn't wash with anyone.

I understand the dislike towards him but the question is who's better? There is no one available. Sherwood has 5 months experience for example. McClaren and Howe wouldn't leave their clubs.

At the end of the day, we're 3 points from 12th, something everyone would have taken in August but on the flip side, we're 19th, something no one would have taken.

It's a difficult situation for the owners. Is squad harmony good? Do they want to fight for Harry? Given our home results, I'd say yes. Personally I can't see Harry getting the boot.
                      so what are you saying if we finish the season 3pts off 12 place but in 19th it's OK
                      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Loved Fer's pretend attempt to climb into the stand. As if....

Comment

What's really sad is the divisiveness that this thread illustrates. remember Wembley anyone? Whatever anyone thinks should be the case, these are our players and manager -lets all get behind them on Saturday - a win against Man U would put a huge number of wrongs right!

Comment

well

well harry can buy good players we saw that with charlie austin,but his tactics absolutely stink,in th4e champoinship last season how many times did harry sit in his own half and try to absorbe pressure,then score on the break away,ive never seen so many 2-0 or 1-0 victories,when did we hit clubs for 6 or 4 nil victories
                            so we come up and harry goes to both tottenham and man utd and tries to do the same rubbish and yes we get done 4-0,im not sure what to think about harry
                            im afraid im going to have my worst nightmare under harry,55 SEASONS AGO THE BRENTFORD FANS LAUGHED AT OUR POXY GROUND
                            AND SAID WE WERE A KNOWHERE TEAM,AND NOW NEXT SEASON WHEN WE RELEGATED WE WILL GO TO GRIFFIN PARK TO GET MURDERD
                            6-0
                            its because we are still not bringing youngsters through,and wwe are not playing attacking football that because harry cant play any other way,but negative defensive crap
                            should we sack him and install hoddle im afraid i just dont know anymore,

WE NEED A MIRACLE
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              P

You don't need to go to have an opinion, but you might think about cutting the poor saps who went to Burnley and lost their rag some slack. Particularly when Dunne abused them too. And especially not refer to them as fans in 'parenthesis'. I think that grossly insulting.
                              Agreed the1500 who travelled up to Burnley to witness our shyte team make history are absolutely true supporters. Fair play to them and I fully get why some resorted to barracking that shower...it's about time these vvankers - including the clueless manager and his vast team of hangers-on - understood exactly what we think of them. They are an embarrassment to us. Pity Dunne didn't have a bit more about him during the game - we might've come away with something.

It'll get interesting should we happen to lose against Manure. If we manage a win all will be forgiven until the next away game

Comment

Agree Brightonr. He is trying to kid everyone, whilst I agree we were miles behind Leicester and Burnley last year, added to the players you have already mentioned are Vargas and Isla plus Adel has returned. All the buys were rated players but none have meet expectations. Reason being Redknapp has either failed to motivate them and/or played them in a system that does not get the best out of them.

The op said we have a good team spirit but I disagree with this as we were second to everything yesterday and showed no where near the desire Burnley did. They had loads of opportunities to finish us off yesterday and we were lucky to lose 2-1.

For me Adel did well yesterday linking the play with Austin and having the quality to find some really good balls which we have been lacking. We have to keep playing him. Whilst he may not put the same defensive shift in as other midfield options, we struggle to score away or retain any possession. We clearly cannot keep a clean sheet away so unless we score we will lose every away game.

I am sick of Redknapps excuses. He has been backed by the board transfer wise and has failed to put a team together. At least accept some responsibility other than continuously churning out excuse after excuse. Management is a results driven profession and he is the luckiest manager in the football league to still be in employment. I'm a fan of the board but if they had got Pulis in I know we would have stayed in this division. Now I am very doubtful.

Comment

Working...
                                X