Granero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
    I agree. Crying out for someone who can pass the ball and get play going but when we do have one they get derided for being too lightweight eg Granero, caroll, Parejo
    No way Carroll, Mutch is bad enough in the hiding, let opponents run off you, just pass it back or square role.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      No way Carroll, Mutch is bad enough in the hiding, let opponents run off you, just pass it back or square role.
      Carroll kept the ball really well. He wasn't an assister or an attacking player, he just kept things ticking and with the way joey is passing at the moment, he could learn a thing or two from young Tom
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Mutch is the player who should be the playmaker. The issue is no one will give him a chance. Although it is very similar to the granero incident. We never gave him a chance when he signed and now everyone is crying out for him. I know the starts are still in the balance, but in terms of actually losing the ball while in control of it, Karl henry and Sandro are the two best players having only lost it on average 0.4 times per match they play. Barton has the second lowest value at 0.6. The key thing is though that their passing is not good enough as we all know. The only players who are good enough at passing from cm are Mutch and Fer. They are the only two centre mids we have with over 80 pass accuracy when playing that role. The issue is that we simply won't be able to play them until we get sandro back because neither Barton nor Henry are capable enough defensively. They are too slow at receiving. the ball
        no one is crying out for jordan mutch mate. he failed time and time again at the Sheff utd game to pick out the right pass. and don't say there wasn't anyone to pass it to, because I seen vargas make plenty of smart runs and demand the ball but Mutch plays the wrong ball.
        Rangers Til I Die
        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Carroll kept the ball really well. He wasn't an assister or an attacking player, he just kept things ticking and with the way joey is passing at the moment, he could learn a thing or two from young Tom
          Exactly. He was good at keeping ball moving which draws people out of position. Not saying he's a world beater but it was definitely better than stopping the ball dead, letting the opposition reorganise then pumping it forward in hope

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
            no one is crying out for jordan mutch mate. he failed time and time again at the Sheff utd game to pick out the right pass. and don't say there wasn't anyone to pass it to, because I seen vargas make plenty of smart runs and demand the ball but Mutch plays the wrong ball.
            I said we will be, one day, if we find out he is the formula to potential attacking football, we will be crying out for him. We are now crying out for exactly the player granero was.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
            X