Granero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granero

Looked at our centre yesterday and watched Barton trying to be a playmaker but just giving it away time and time again and thought what this team really lacks is someone in the middle who is calm on the ball and who can dictate the pace and tempo of our game and more importantly keep the ball

I know a few have differing views on him but for me he would have been the man. Would have been far better player with a Barton or Henry on his side doing the dirty work

I agree. Crying out for someone who can pass the ball and get play going but when we do have one they get derided for being too lightweight eg Granero, caroll, Parejo

Comment

STC was and is not up to that task mate but for me Granero would suit this team far better then the one he was in

Comment

That's fair, I have a slightly different opinion on Carroll but admit he struggled at times.

Tbh I'd rather watch the tippy tappy football rather than aimlessly punting it upfield all day long

Comment

He is the problem, I have been shouting this out for ages! HR wanted to keep Granero, but the damage was already done,
          Kept the faith!

Comment

#NEW USER#

I think a 100% fit Faurlin is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangura View Post
              #NEW USER#

I think a 100% fit Faurlin is better.
              I agree , big Ale fan but tbh I doubt he will ever be fully fit know. Think he is a write off.

Agree with OP, barton is a breaking up play kind of player and he needs to know his limits, he's trying to be Steven Gerrard all the time and he just ain't up to it.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The main problem is we don't have a captain an organizer a leader , Caulker came on the understanding Rio was coming someone to learn from that tells you he isn't fully confident in his game Rio hasn't worked out Caulker has played quite well up to now so has Dunne yet they are a poor partnership always likely to give a goal away , Onuor well overrated Hill does his best but has to work hard at his own game , their all to busy doing their own game so we have nobody marshalling the defence of instructing the M/F

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  I agree , big Ale fan but tbh I doubt he will ever be fully fit know. Think he is a write off.

Agree with OP, barton is a breaking up play kind of player and he needs to know his limits, he's trying to be Steven Gerrard all the time and he just ain't up to it.
                  Barton reminds me a bit of Leigertwood who also thought he could be a playmaker but was really best at just breaking up play and giving thr ball to someone who could actually pass the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    The main problem is we don't have a captain an organizer a leader , Caulker came on the understanding Rio was coming someone to learn from that tells you he isn't fully confident in his game Rio hasn't worked out Caulker has played quite well up to now so has Dunne yet they are a poor partnership always likely to give a goal away , Onuor well overrated Hill does his best but has to work hard at his own game , their all to busy doing their own game so we have nobody marshalling the defence of instructing the M/F
                    Thats true.
                    Where is the genuine leader in the team?

Comment

Mutch!

For real I wouldn't mind green being our Captain......

Who would y'all like to see captaining the game against Manchester United ?

Comment

Granero wouldn't make a difference. Couldn't hack our game

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Granero wouldn't make a difference. Couldn't hack our game
                          You could be right but I would have loved him to play with better plays to see for sure.
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Tangura View Post
                            Mutch!

For real I wouldn't mind green being our Captain......

Who would y'all like to see captaining the game against Manchester United ?
                            Mutch is the player who should be the playmaker. The issue is no one will give him a chance. Although it is very similar to the granero incident. We never gave him a chance when he signed and now everyone is crying out for him. I know the starts are still in the balance, but in terms of actually losing the ball while in control of it, Karl henry and Sandro are the two best players having only lost it on average 0.4 times per match they play. Barton has the second lowest value at 0.6. The key thing is though that their passing is not good enough as we all know. The only players who are good enough at passing from cm are Mutch and Fer. They are the only two centre mids we have with over 80 pass accuracy when playing that role. The issue is that we simply won't be able to play them until we get sandro back because neither Barton nor Henry are capable enough defensively. They are too slow at receiving. the ball
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

If we stay up, I hope we do not offer Barton a new contract.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X