We always need someone to blame and often blame the wrong person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
    Excellent - some rational discussion.t least we have a chance to sort out a wide player and defender in the window! Come on Harry -get those old boy links working again! Aaron Lennon maybe a worthwhile borrow?
    I personally think that if taarabt stays then he should be used on the left playing rotator with Zarate in the number 10 role. Never give defenders comfort of consistency.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Spot on. and just to add; Burnley outpaced and outplayed us all over the park when it mattered the most.
      I think that was the key but that is actually down to 3 players in my opinion and those are Barton and Henry in the middle, and Hill defensively was slipping all over and generally not getting the ball. I mean, I reckon if we had yun, that second one wouldn't have gone in. Their lack of pace is so glaring to me now.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nasser 95, what you are saying begs the question; where can we find a pacy and pressing midfielder? Sandro is solid enough but he is way too injury prone for my liking.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Very good post conners & west. When Adel didn't play in the FA Cup I thought it was because of Adel himself, I always stuck up for him but that match put the nail in the coffin for me. I thought he didn't feature because he didn't want to be here. The very next game he gets a game and plays a full 90 minutes and it makes us all ask questions?

For a player to just come back and play a full 90 minutes is tough for any player, when we scored yesterday Adel was one of the first players to congratulate Austin. I've backed Harry because we've no choice but I'm starting to look at him as one of the main problems at this club now.

Comment

An excellent post conners as always. Can always rely on you for a level headed view.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I think that was the key but that is actually down to 3 players in my opinion and those are Barton and Henry in the middle, and Hill defensively was slipping all over and generally not getting the ball. I mean, I reckon if we had yun, that second one wouldn't have gone in. Their lack of pace is so glaring to me now.
              Yun??? The second goal. Came down the right hand side. Poor defensive clearance from Isla. Ball played up the middle to Inges who did Caulker like a kipper. While Dunne stood there like a statute. So let's blame Hill for not clearing the ball off the line. Christ alive. That's a new one on me. Yun- ordinary and average- would have still been in our half way line following the collapse of our last attack.....

Comment

Adel was the best player yesterday. I'd like to see Good Adel play. Not Bad Adel. Anyone else notice that Adel didn't acknowledge away fans once? Not even when taking the one corner second half in front of us?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Adel was the best player yesterday. I'd like to see Good Adel play. Not Bad Adel. Anyone else notice that Adel didn't acknowledge away fans once? Not even when taking the one corner second half in front of us?
                  Not true mate. He definitely clapped us when taking a corner in front of us. Also had a little clap at the end.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We need yun back desperately, Clint has done a lot for the club but we cannot play him lb away from home, the sad thing is the alternative is Traore.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Not true mate. He definitely clapped us when taking a corner in front of us. Also had a little clap at the end.
                      Well that's good news. Will take your word for it, but can't see how I missed that.

Comment

After we equalized we actually looked good and were pinging the ball around with ease for oh...3 or 4 minute and then that goal...really hard to believe how poor Caulker was there...must be very frustrating for the rest of the team when someone doesn't do their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Well that's good news. Will take your word for it, but can't see how I missed that.
                          He did acknowledge when taking corner but when the final whistle went he was first down the tunnel without coming to fans but then hes always done that so nothing to be read into it

Comment

Our defensive issues are due to the whole defensive unit, Gk, back four and central midfield two.

We don't defend as a team, watch our angles and distances, far too many gaps in all areas, the team needs to close space by moving as a team and constantly adjusting their positions according to where the ball and their opposition is, we simply don't and that's down to coaching and organisation.

Secondly we have some very average players in that defensive unit. Midfield, there is little pace and power, Henry tries his best but we havnt got an athletic dominant defensive midfield (sandro can do that role but frequently injured). Back four, Yun does a job but is inconsistent and now injured, Hill is not and never has been a full back, Traore is just poor end off. Caulker has his faults but at least is reasonably dominant and still only young. Dunne's performances drop off as the season progresses, did the same last year until given a rest before the play offs then came back strong, decent but his best days are behind him. Isla is a very good player but is as good going forward as he is defensively. We have no other recognized right back as again Ned isnt and her has been a full back at Prem level. Now to the keeper and I admit my pet hate, very average, poor communicator who breeds no confidence in the defenders in front of him. Vastly over rated by many on here, yesterday being an example, second half fails to come for a cross inside his 6 yard box far post leaving a free header that hits him in the face and everyone is saying great save. It's simply not but just poor goalkeeping to allow the header.

All in all we are not an efficient unit either individually or as a group, there is little balance and certainly no apparent coaching to try to improve it and that is why we are struggling and will continue to struggle. Away form is a problem because we can't and don't press due to fitness and because we are defensively poor the fact the opposition creates more chances when they are at home means our poor defence will concede at least a couple each away game which is pretty much the norm now.
                            Last edited by rickyranger; 11-01-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                              Our defensive issues are due to the whole defensive unit, Gk, back four and central midfield two.

We don't defend as a team, watch our angles and distances, far too many gaps in all areas, the team needs to close space by moving as a team and constantly adjusting their positions according to where the ball and their opposition is, we simply don't and that's down to coaching and organisation.

Secondly we have some very average players in that defensive unit. Midfield, there is little pace and power, Henry tries his best but we havnt got an athletic dominant defensive midfield (sandro can do that role but frequently injured). Back four, Yun does a job but is inconsistent and now injured, Hill is not and never has been a full back, Traore is just poor end off. Caulker has his faults but at least is reasonably dominant and still only young. Dunne's performances drop off as the season progresses, did the same last year until given a rest before the play offs then came back strong, decent but his best days are behind him. Isla is a very good player but is as good going forward as he is defensively. We have no other recognized right back as again Ned isnt and her has been a full back at Prem level. Now to the keeper and I admit my pet hate, very average, poor communicator who breeds no confidence in the defenders in front of him. Vastly over rated by many on here, yesterday being an example, second half fails to come for a cross inside his 6 yard box far post leaving a free header that hits him in the face and everyone is saying great save. It's simply not but just poor goalkeeping to allow the header.

All in all we are not an efficient unit either individually or as a group, there is little balance and certainly no apparent coaching to try to improve it and that is why we are struggling and will continue to struggle. Away form is a problem because we can't and don't press due to fitness and because we are defensively poor the fact the opposition creates more chances when they are at home means our poor defence will concede at least a couple each away game which is pretty much the norm now.

Spot on.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

We cannot do the basics. You can have 60 percent possession but if you cannot pass the ball or defend then what good is possession. We have thrown points away to Liverpool,Man City, Burnley, Hull Cityand Swansea , just to name a few, as we because we cannot do the basic and this is a sign of poor players.

Comment

Working...
                                X