We always need someone to blame and often blame the wrong person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We always need someone to blame and often blame the wrong person

I watched the game yesterday and came on here late last night to see the response. As usual, we need to find someone to blame. A lot of people having a go at Fer, someone having a dig at Dunne and another saying that Adel didn't do much.

The reality was that some of the football we played in the first half half was really good to watch. We controlled possession throughout (55% possession) and Adel was to a large part responsible for that, linking up very well with the midfielders and Austin.

What we didn't do was defend well. In fact, the defending was appalling, with Burnley bulldozing their way through our team at will. Yet, I watch that game and think the best team has lost.

Having a go at Dunne is laughable. Yes he has his limitations and exposed a little for both goals but this guy also saved us 2-3 times near the end.

In my mind the biggest thing that put us under pressure during the game, was our inability for certain players to pass to their own team. Numerous times throughout the game we gave the ball away cheaply and as a result gave up the good possession we had. Barton, Henry, Caulker and Clint Hill (yes we all love Clint but gave the ball away countless times yesterday) were all guilty.

If I had to make any changes after yesterday, I would have to drop Caulker. He appears to be out of sorts.

If there was a plus in defeat, it was the opportunity to watch Adel to play rather than having to watch Hoillett or SWP. How these guys have got ahead of Adel in the pecking order I will never know.

A good post. I thought performance was slight improvement on previous efforts but only marginally

Thought Adel done well enough given it was first outing in a while so fair play to him but that begs a question about him why did Harry play him for 90mins yesterday why not give him game time against sheff utd where he could have built up stamina and taken p iss out of lower opposition surely that would have made him sharper and he would now have 180mins under his belt

Comment

2nd half was awful. We could have lost by 2 or 3 more. We looked clueless

Comment

I agree West Acton. It may be that he only returned to training on Monday having agreed with Adel's people that the best way to get him a move is to get him on the pitch. More likely, that Redknapp not prepared to accept Adel's lack of commitment in training. I would normally have sympathy with the latter when you have someone as talented as Adel, I think you need to find a way to make it work with him. He is that good and many of the others in the team are very poor, technically.

Comment

Agree James, but Dunne was one of the reasons that we didn't.

Clearly, the cheap defending dashes the confidence that we build up. In the first half, we were passing around for fun. Haven't seen us as confident as that away from home for a while but THEN, we give away a second goal and the confidence dropped.

If I could only buy one player now, I would buy a centre back.

Comment

But he's manager con he don't need to agree with Adel's people when he does or does not play. He's getting paid so if hes selected he plays if he don't he's reprimanded

Its not a fitness issue as he done 90mins and looked fitness wise comfortable enough from what I saw

Comment

good post there conners!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Very true about the being able to keep hold of possession, it was obvious that Burnley's gameplan was to shut us down very quickly and try and turnover possession.

What you need to counter that is some movement off the ball and decent passing to keep hold of it. We were missing that yesterday and have been in every away game this season.

That is down to poor tactics and coaching.

If we had some decent wingers that would ease the pressure as there would be an outlet and we are way too narrow as we play. If we are to get anyone else in the transfer window, then that has to be a top priority.

Thought Dunne was at fault a bit yesterday, but he has been our most consistent performer this year so can't really have a pop too much.

Comment

West Acton, when I say agree with Adel's people I am suggesting that they agree Adel turns up everyday for training, puts a shift in and then he will be in the team.

I don't know the real reason as to why he has not played, but just a lot happier watching him over some of the other dross.

One other thing I would add is that no one has mentioned Austin. He does seem quite a bit out of sorts at the moment. He looks as though he has list that spring in his step.

Comment

I think when away games come around Austin is demoralised as he knows he's going to run around for 90mins and get SFA efforts created for him for his efforts

Comment

Good post Conners ! First half I thought generally we were much the better side and apart from some diabolical defending would and should have gone in ahead. Second half though was very poor and agree that most of Burnleys attacks came from poor ball retention by us, Barton inparticularly.

Comment

Yes appalling defence but If we had the midfielders who can create chances, the oponents would have created chances and score.
                        Last edited by Yousef; 11-01-2015, 12:00 PM.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Being at the game I didn't hear anyone blaming Dunne at all. Only the p!ssed bell end involved in the altercation at the end.

Fans were more frustrated with Barton, Caulker & Redknapp for another poor substitution.

Comment

Excellent - some rational discussion.t least we have a chance to sort out a wide player and defender in the window! Come on Harry -get those old boy links working again! Aaron Lennon maybe a worthwhile borrow?

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                              Very true about the being able to keep hold of possession, it was obvious that Burnley's gameplan was to shut us down very quickly and try and turnover possession.

What you need to counter that is some movement off the ball and decent passing to keep hold of it. We were missing that yesterday and have been in every away game this season.

That is down to poor tactics and coaching.

If we had some decent wingers that would ease the pressure as there would be an outlet and we are way too narrow as we play. If we are to get anyone else in the transfer window, then that has to be a top priority.

Thought Dunne was at fault a bit yesterday, but he has been our most consistent performer this year so can't really have a pop too much.
                              Spot on. and just to add; Burnley outpaced and outplayed us all over the park when it mattered the most.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X