work rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work rate

burnleys work rate won them the game today , they were quicker to the ball , won most of the second balls and chased us down when we had the ball. we are just to casual and it just doesn't seem to hurt the players when they loose

lose

Comment

Burnley won the game because we are simply not good enough. Our defence is a disgrace, no wonder that we conceded so many goals. And we make it even easier to our opponents by making mistake after another. I give up on our R's. We are not good enough. We will be relegated at the end of the season and most of the current squad have to leave if we have any chance to built something properly. Of the current squad only Fer, Austin, Green, the two Chileans and maybe Caulker are good enough to play in the Premier.

Comment

Every team we play are quicker and this is the main reason why we struggle.

Comment

burnley should have won the game by more. they got 11 men behind the ball when they defended and harried, tackled and snapped at us when we were in posession we were lackluster yet again, players not wanting the ball , to many aimless passes and most of the time we don't seem to know what to do with the ball so play just breaks down

Comment

I don't even think it is workrate, I think it is simply that our cm's don't have the pace. They try to win it but aren't fast enough. It is a shocking sign that our two worst ball players outside defence were our CM's. For me, a centre mid should not be trying to play a killer ball, they should be playing it to the creative one ahead, which we finally have and letting him do the work. What I saw today was Joey still trying to be the creative centre of the team and losing the ball too often, and henry being unable to cope with the pressure. Simple as in my opinion. The rest of our team looked very good but it is useless when they can't get the ball.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

i agree we have more problems than our lack of workrate , but when the opposition have the ball we don't work had enough to get it back. an example is surely if we had matched sheff utds work rate we would have won last week as we have the best players .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                i agree we have more problems than our lack of workrate , but when the opposition have the ball we don't work had enough to get it back. an example is surely if we had matched sheff utds work rate we would have won last week as we have the best players .
                I feel it is the same issue really. Sheffield played with pace, it has less to do about their workrate and more to do with the fact that our players in the middle look like they are working less than they are because they can't make those interceptions.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

they don't work hard enough off the ball , they don't close down quickly enough

Comment

Working...
                  X