No budget for transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    How have they both been a massive let down. Everyone here, literally everyone acknowledges how valuable Sandro is to this team when fit. Just because he got an injury prior to the christmas period, he has become a let down. If it was the same length at any other point in season, he wouldn't have missed as many matches. He was key to our excellent run at home and our period of closest to victory away from home. Mutch has got a massive injury but definitely has the pedigree to be very very good at this level. He also brought in Isla, Vargas, McCarthy and Caulker in summer but lets ignore that and focus on the 'disappointments' who aren't even that disappointing.
    exactly this and add Fer to the list .

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Heard today that no one is coming in.
      What nobody. Not even any loans? Reckon you should cop a deaf un where you are hearing that stuff mate.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
        exactly this and add Fer to the list .
        Fer is such rubbish aint it??

Comment

Where is the source? This canīt be true..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

What do you not get about it? Tactics don't lose you matches unless they are poorly executed by the players. So many teams around the world play with 1 up front and have incredible goalscoring records. Look at Barcelona, Lyon, Chelsea, Bayern Munich. All of these teams play 1 up top at home even and still get plenty of goals. Why? Because the players are capable of executing the tactics correctly. Redknapp clearly has a decent tactical knowledge, otherwise he wouldn't have won as many trophies as he did. But in addition to that, he had players who were looking to play his way and who were capable of doing so. He likes midfielders that keep the ball but we have an out of form Barton who isn't doing that, he also likes pacy wingers who take on their men, yet we only have one of those in Vargas. How are we gonna seem anything but negative when the players aren't keeping the ball long enough for it to be delivered to the striker.
            Spot on! People are so deluded when it comes to playing two upfront.

6 of the top 9 play one up front. Chelsea, Man City, Southampton, Arsenal, Liverpool and Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Charlie can't play up front by himself. He can't hold the ball up. He can't give it and go. He can't run on to through balls. Not that he gets such balls. He can get on to crosses. Not that he gets many.
              That is the point, 1 up front doesn't need to hold up. He needs service. That is why it looks bad when we try it. We don't get service to him. This isn't an issue with tactics, it is an issue with quality
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                Spot on! People are so deluded when it comes to playing two upfront.

6 of the top 9 play one up front. Chelsea, Man City, Southampton, Arsenal, Liverpool and Swansea.
                People want to believe what makes them happy, not what is actually true. It is unfortunate on here sometimes when I read some Armchair managers who think if you have more attackers, you get more goals.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by shania View Post
                  where is the source? This canīt be true..
                  hp or daddys
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Where is the source? This canīt be true..
                    Some fella on the train. Not claiming to be ITK. Only passing on what he told me. Seemed authoritative to me. Wish I hadn't heard it.

Comment

That is the point, 1 up front doesn't need to hold up. He needs service. That is why it looks bad when we try it. We don't get service to him. This isn't an issue with tactics, it is an issue with quality
                      Isn't that simple with Charlie. We could have a Hoddle spraying balls, cutting the defence to ribbons, and Charlie, lacking pace, couldn't get on the end of them. Another striker could. A Gascoigne, carrying the ball into the box, could set Charlie up. We have no such midfielder. Maybe Fer can do that. But only playing in the middle. And not playing deep. But with this pace less squad Charlie, up by himself, will only get goals in the six yard box from crosses and dead balls. Those goals have been invaluable. There why Charlie's in the team. But it's also why we have to play someone up with him which means, playing four in the middle, we leave ourselves short in midfield.

Comment

What do you not get about it? Tactics don't lose you matches unless they are poorly executed by the players. So many teams around the world play with 1 up front and have incredible goalscoring records. Look at Barcelona, Lyon, Chelsea, Bayern Munich. All of these teams play 1 up top at home even and still get plenty of goals. Why? Because the players are capable of executing the tactics correctly. Redknapp clearly has a decent tactical knowledge, otherwise he wouldn't have won as many trophies as he did. But in addition to that, he had players who were looking to play his way and who were capable of doing so. He likes midfielders that keep the ball but we have an out of form Barton who isn't doing that, he also likes pacy wingers who take on their men, yet we only have one of those in Vargas. How are we gonna seem anything but negative when the players aren't keeping the ball long enough for it to be delivered to the striker.
                        Counter attack tactics cant be performed if the players dont have pace. Barton, Henry,
                        Krancjar, Sandro when fit, lack pace to break quickly to support Austin and Vargas.
                        Also, just how many trophies has Redknapp won in his 30 years as manager? 1 FA cup and a couple a few promotions as I recall.

Comment

How have they both been a massive let down. Everyone here, literally everyone acknowledges how valuable Sandro is to this team when fit. Just because he got an injury prior to the christmas period, he has become a let down. If it was the same length at any other point in season, he wouldn't have missed as many matches. He was key to our excellent run at home and our period of closest to victory away from home. Mutch has got a massive injury but definitely has the pedigree to be very very good at this level. He also brought in Isla, Vargas, McCarthy and Caulker in summer but lets ignore that and focus on the 'disappointments' who aren't even that disappointing.
                          Prior to his knee injury how many full apps did Sandro make? He was injured when he signed and had a seroius knee injury whilst. spurs with Redknapp and had yet to re establish himself in the Spurs team.
                          Mutch looked disappointing in his early games before getting his injury. Yes they may be good players when fully fit but as of yet are not therefore they are not providing value for money.

as for your other comments about other teams playing one up front - yes they do but they have the players to play that way. Good managers coaches choose tactics that suit the players at their disposal. Why play a counter attack or possession game when you dont have the players to play that way?

Comment

Working...
                          X